Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fixing Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle

+34
rogueuk
Titus
kellyj
Avatus
SaintOfKillers
Brother Ezekiel
Kiwibob
Brother Blutcher
Brother Arginius
DarkRonin
Grimhack
Nausaden
Aubec le noir
Belarus
Dark Bjoern
Vorenus
Primarch
Rivan
Snow
Coyote
Zealadin
Andarius the Red
For the Emperor
apolonios
Constantine
Klomster
Aeddon
NemesisForce
hunter
Zaithius
Spartan
SIRSEAN
Inquisitor Lord
Snowfire
38 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Fixing Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle - Page 10 Empty Re: Fixing Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle

Post by Titus Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:01 pm

Im looking for a Grey Knight Army Rule called 'Exterminatas'. It would be something like this.....

Exterminatas: At the beginning of any Grey Knight player turn 'Exterminatas' may be declared. The grey knight player rolls a D6. On a 4+ the game ends with the Grey Knight player claiming full victory.

That would be a sweet fluffy rule...hehe.
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Fixing Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle - Page 10 Empty Re: Fixing Grey Knights and Sisters of Battle

Post by Klomster Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:23 am

Nah not for grey knights.

Here is how the rule goes.

If you have an inquisitor, you may at the beginning of the game declare that the inquisitor is having a meeting with the enemy leader.

If the inquisitor player declares the enemy a traitor, xeno, deamon or otherwise evil and not nice in the perfect world of the emperor, if the enemy disagrees, the inquisitor may do an exterminatus.

Otherwise he will do it anyway on a roll of 4+ instead of automatically.

Resulting in the complete victory by the inquisitors team with the maximum kill points or objectives taken.

Razz

Grey knights would rather have something like:

"Grand assult" before the deamonhunter deploys his forces, choose a point on the table and deepstrike your grey knights within 24" of that point.

All the enemy models outside this area are destroyed by the orbital bombardment going on around the grey knights.

Then the grey knight player may claim that his army is "Powerposing", then he manage through sheer awesmeness and self sacrifice fight the coolest battle possible and fend off all the enemy forces that are left.

At the end of the game, roll 1D3, that is the number of grey knights that was wounded.
Roll again for each grey knight.

1, the grey knight died, add +1 to the amount of objectives or kill points taken in the next game against this foe.

2-3 the grey knight is wounded, and cannot participate in the next hour, as he is beeing treated for his injuries.

4-5 the grey knight was wounded, but fight on, no effect.

6 the grey knights grivious wounds let them no choice than to entomb him in the walking sarcophagos of a dreadnought.
Exchange the grey knight for a dreadnought for the same cost as the previous model.

If the grey knights don't powerpose, play a normal game instead. Razz

If 2 grey knight players fight eachother, both armies automatically "powerpose" and have an epic clash where the entire world burns just becouse of the sheer overdose of coolness.
No one dies, both players automatically win with the maximum possible points and have a good talk after the training match.

And of course, we are ot again coming up with completely overpowerd rules that completely break the game.

It's actually cool though that earlier in this thread there is actually alot of good rules and ideas.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:29 am

That was awesome cheers
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:13 pm

No God Emperor.... No

lol! lol! lol!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:02 am

I am thinking that the SW's and BA's Librarians have been given cool new powers like:

Lance: Shooting, 4D6, S8, AP1. Friendlies and enemies locked in combat ignore. Any unit on the 4d6 line suffer one lance hit. So it could pass through multiple units. (Blood Angels)

This seems to be the new trend for Psychers. I beleive that in our new codex there will be something similar to this rule, what do you think brothers?

I was thinking that it would use this rule as a base and beef it up a little to represent Holocaust.

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeddon Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:16 am

Very possible Brother Constantine but I believe it would depend on if GW plans on making us more like the other Space Marines. Did the Nids get anything like that power? Never did get a good look at their new codex.

When looking at the prospect of a new codex I find myself looking more towards the things I hope do not change in the new edition. NFW, Shrouding, some sort of True Grit type ability...these are a few of my favorite things...
Aeddon
Aeddon
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:04 pm

All librarians are basically getting that power, gw will probably keep up their copy paste way of doing things so they have to do as little work as possible for maximum amounts of money.

I stand with my opinion, if grey knights / deamonhunters is redone, they will be ridiculusly overpowered or similarily underpowered.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:16 pm

Klomster wrote:I stand with my opinion, if grey knights / deamonhunters is redone, they will be ridiculusly overpowered or similarily underpowered.

LOL!!!!!!!!! Well you've certainly covered the possibilities with that statement brother!!!!! Razz

I am thinking that we will become more Space Marineized. As for our power rateing..........We will be POWERFULL! But it will still be relative to other codecies. I forsee some cool Dread Charactors/options in light of the BA's Librarian Dread, and I see us getting another Charator besides BC Stern, amd probhably a bit of tank/heavy support lovin' to.

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kellyj Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Perhaps Terminator Justicar Tancred as a Termi squad upgrade. Makes that GKT squad a Troop choice (scoring and FOC)

Venerable Chaplain Dunedin: Chaplain Dreadnought. Is an HQ Choice. Can take a retinue of 1 or 2 other Dreds. Something to equalize the 11 dreadnought spam BA list.

B-C Alaric. When taken as an IC (no retinue) he is scoring. If he attaces to snother unit that unit becomes scoring as long as he is attached.

Incinerators count as S8 or 9 if used in Close Combat against ANYTHING with an armor value (the same way a Burna Boy can uses his flamer against tanks). This helps the lack of Melta weapons in the Codex. Makes the Incinerator something more than just a fancy flamer.

Power Claws (really). A terminator option. Can be used as a S8, I1 power fist or a S4, I4 Lightning Claw (but not in the phase). This gives GKTs much more flexibility wrt tank hunting or squad killing.
kellyj
kellyj
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 pm

Actually i would like to see 'nemesis force claws' basically they are paired nemisis force weapons that can reroll the to wounds. Have them as a choice for GM or Chaplain.

Or..... Have Chaplain Dunedin as a character with term armor and nemisis force lightning claws and a storm bolter on one claw.
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:18 am

Have Chaplain Dunedin as a character with term armor and nemisis force lightning claws and a storm bolter on one claw

That would be great !!!! Very Happy

But the S8/9 incinerator in hth, I'm not sure...
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:00 am

what i like here and now is the speculations and extrapolations ... we are like children expecting Christmas, with some saliva in the corner of the mouth (including me of course) Razz Razz Razz Razz ... and the sensation of expectation is good ! even maybe the best part of the process if the future new codex is ... disapointing ! Suspect Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:38 am

I completely agrre with you Aubec !!!

Just hope we'll be offered the right gift... Sad
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:21 am

Actually it is like expecting what we'll get this christmas because thats probably like the timeframe Razz
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:36 am

We have been waiting a REALLY long time for this!!!
I am just excited that we are not getting discontinued cheers

I love all of the most recent suggestions to, they made me chuckle Laughing
I am inclined to think that we will see Chaplains and other Space Marine like units in our upcoming codex.

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:00 am

Well being a pure GK player I thought I would offer my thoughts on a GK Codex.

I honestly think we are not as hard done by as everyone thinks or tries to make out and well honestly there is not too much IMHO that GW need to do to update the codex, now keep in mind I am just talking about the GKs not inquisitors or any of their bits or the Stormtroopers.

1. BC as an HQ needs to be tuned up a bit our HQ choice is rubbish the GM is fine EW would be nice but but well what we have is ok just needs to be given a few little upgrade tweeks like BC having more than one wound.

2. Fast attack give us drop pods and allow our fast attack PAGKs to shoot then assault when they arrive on the board. Easy to fluff as it is what they are trained intensivle to do they can cope with disoriantation or give them the chance on a role of 4 up say to be able to assault.

3. Special characters lets be honest this just needs to be re done plain and simple.

4. Heavy weapons and this is my personal fav idea and i think would be great. All other regular units in 40k could take out a LR with a weapon upgrade eg Dev Squad with lascannon or IG with las the list goes on but not GKs they got nothing if out dreads go and our LR we cant touch the things so what to do about it well my idea is change psycannons so they have 2 types of shot like a missle launcher. First will be the normal 3 shots but then u have the option of firing a single shot str 9 this will be the 3 shots super heated and molten together fire as a single shot. Now at first this may seem OP but it isnt really temrs can only take max 2 psycannons per squad and PAGKs 2 models while the Purgation Squad could get a max of 4. This would sort out our anti armour and be differant and cool i think while not being OP.

Let me know what you guys think 1-3 is what many think but i would be interested in your thoughts on 4 as I think it is a great idea so much so I have sent it to GW but hey I may be wrong.

Also I posted this on warseer if you think u seen it before Laughing
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:58 am

I think #4 is very reasonable and not out of line at all. It's a good way of getting some solid a/t without resorting to SM-like weaponry. I'd still like to see a normal GK/GKT squad have access to psychic powers. A GK squad forfeiting it's shooting to gain one Tyranid Warp Lance-like attack would be an example.

Welcome back Spartan. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:50 pm

i like the idea would you still have the heavy/assault 3 option or would you kick the heavy for the A/T shot

1 thing i hope they lose in the new codex is the option were you can take normal space marines but cant take GK as this would balance us out next to chaos as they can any troops like plague, berserkers etc together

also has anyone heard more about the rumour on red hunters
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:30 pm

good ideas....
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:35 pm

all those ideas are good... with some floating around for a while
let's see what GW will want to keep and what they'll invent for us ... soon (?)
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:14 pm

@ NemesisForce ty mate it been to long I been away but am back now Very Happy

@ rogueuk I intially think leave heavy 3 and just add heavy 1 str 6 option so u can pick which to fire like a missle launcher

Also i forgot shrouding should be 2 x 3D6 or 3 x 2D6 and we need some hander psyker spells
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:09 pm

@Spartan: I love your avatar !!!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:02 am

And I hope GW rethinks everything related to our Daemon-hunting capabilities as well. Especially in regards to Khorne Greater Daemons and Princes. With the ultra-cheap Blessing of the Blood God gift, and our Force Weapons surley getting nerfed, there ain't no way in hell a GM is ever gonna take down a Khorne GD/DP before getting squashed himself.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeddon Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:12 am

I don't know...our current codex was written before the Daemons' codex and at that time they could only be taken as allies (I haven't played that long, this is just my understanding) so we were created with that in mind. I believe this whole concept is where the more "extreme" rumors about our new codex stems from. We, the Daemon Hunters, now have a whole independant army that we are geared to fight. They have a lot of new tricks and special rules that every player has to contend with. The question is, how would a revamped Daemon Hunters' codex deal with this army? What would make us more qualified and able to deal with this threat?

That I believe is where 5th edition Daemon Hunters must come from. As far as how that will work when they do release the codex...who knows...perhaps we will only have our faith after all...
Aeddon
Aeddon
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:54 pm

who knows...perhaps we will only have our faith after all...

Nevetheless, we shall prevale !!!

And that's why we need a Chaplain Wink cheers
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next