Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 Point Grey Knights Army

+7
NemesisForce
Grimhack
Zealadin
The Acolyte
Aubec le noir
Nausaden
DarkRonin
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

1000 Point Grey Knights Army - Page 3 Empty 800 Point Doubles List

Post by DarkRonin Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

Well there will finally be a 40k Doubles Tournament held in the area, and my partner will most likely be a Chaos Space Marine player who is my best friend, and I have a few thoughts on a setup for a list (The Tournament will not have restrictions on which armies can be allied, and will be using the official restrictions for force structure). What I'm looking at the most here is a list that will hold operate effectively and help get the jobs done.

List 1) What I'm planning here is a tactic similar to a spearhead by sticking all my knights into the Crusader and charge forward.
HQ - Grand Master - Icon, MC-NFW
Troops - Grey Knights - 6x Grey Knights - Targeter
Troops - Grey Knights - 6x Grey Knights - Targeter
Heavy - Land Raider Crusader - Smoke Launchers

List 2) In this list I'm looking at a foot slogging army where the Dread will act as a mobile fire base.
HQ - Grand Master - Icon, MC-NFW
Troops - Grey Knights - 7x Grey Knights - Targeter, Unguents
Troops - Grey Knights - 6x Grey Knights - 2x Psycannons, Targeter, Unguents
Heavy - Grey Knight Dreadnought - TLLC, ML, Blessed, Extra Armor, Smoke Launcher

List 3) This is based upon my own old 500 Point list but modified to have an Inquisitor Lord and another tank. Basically since I can't take doubles of Elites without having one fast and one heavy (same for them as well). If I could, I would have taken a Daemonhost and had fun with that instead of an Orbital Strike. Though I honestly can't think of which strike to use, Lance Strike or Melta, but as the list is now, I picked Lance to simple kill ALL infantry models.

HQ - Inquisitor Lord - 3x Warriors (2x Heavy Bolters, 1x Plasma), 2x Sages, 2x Mystics, Chimera (Multilaser, Heavy Flamer, Dozerblade, Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers), Psycannon
Elites - Eversor Temple Assassin
Troops - Stormtroopers - 9x IST's, 2x Meltaguns, Rhino (Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers)
Troops - Stormtroopers - 9x IST's, 2x Meltaguns, Rhino (Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers)
Heavy - Orbital Strike - Lance Strike

Well let me know what you think of the three different lists, what would work best, and what do you think could be improved upon each list.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 Point Grey Knights Army - Page 3 Empty Re: 1000 Point Grey Knights Army

Post by The Acolyte Wed May 19, 2010 12:41 am

With list one you couldnt put all knights into a single crusader just the grandmaster and one squad.
I personally like the 2nd list best
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 100
Army : Grey Knights of course
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Wed May 19, 2010 3:49 am

You'll find that for list three the orbital strike is TERRIBLE until you get to at least 2500 points, otherwise it's too random and people can just avoid it. Melta is usually better then orbital for the fact it does 2d6 on vehicles and doesn't pen our own GKT, but if you have melta and don't have gkt YMMV. In addition, list three can be done cheaper and better by playing guard and allying.

For list one alcolyte is right, only one unit can be in a transport (plus any attached ICs

at low points you don't need the grandmaster, a BC and two termies will give you more attacks and you wont loose everything to one s8 or better instagibbing him

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed May 19, 2010 5:17 am

Really? One Unit inside of a vehicle? Then why the Crusader Entry say that it can hold up to 15 Grey Knights?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Wed May 19, 2010 5:55 am

You can make a 10 GK unit attached to a character, and fit them in the Crusader. Or a big unit of terminators (up to 7) and an inquisitor with no Terminator armor.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Wed May 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Reason one: termies count as two, so you can only fit so many termies inside.

Reason Two: Because they used standard crusader rules, and other armies can take more than 10 people per squad.

Reason 3: You COULD attach up to 5 IC to any GK squad (BC, HQ inquis, and 3 elite inquis), which would bring the squad over the carry limit (since the BC would count as 2 due to termie armor).

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:16 pm

Well finally after getting my hands on the cool and new codex, and my hands on a Nemesis Dreadknight, I couldn't help but make a list that has it so here it is.

HQ - Brotherhood Champion - Empyrean Brain Mines
Troops - Grey Knight Strike Squad (9 man) - Psybolt Ammunition, 7x Halberds, 1x Psycannon, Master-crafted Daemon hammer
Troops - Grey Knight Strike Squad (10 man) - Psybolt Ammunition, 7x Halberds, 2x Psycannon, Master-crafted Daemon hammer
Heavy Support - Nemesis Dreadknight - Personal Teleporter, Heavy Incinerator, Heavy Psycannon
Dedicated Transports - 2x Rhino's

The general plan for this really is to move forward as a single block with the Champion riding with the 9 man GKSS. I left it open so that he could fit in there. Since I was adding a Dreadknight, I needed to save some points on the HQ, and make sure that the rest of the army could keep up. If up against an army based around sitting back and shoot, then I'll just have it shunt on the first turn to the most advantageous position available to really threaten my opponent.

I didn't give the NDK a close-combat weapon on the basis of it costing some more points, but also not going to be needed much. Comparatively, a NDK is a much tougher nut to crack compared to an old skool Grey Knight Grand Master (Daemonhunters) with both at base having 4 attacks but instead of S6, it has S10 attacks. Definitely not going to be using it's two powers much then, but hey, it'll just shred through most anything in CC. As nice as those Re-Rolls or Hammer bonus would be, it's already a S10 monstrous creature with two same special weapons (Base 3 but now 4).

Reason for the one upgrade on the Champion, is that it is the ONLY upgrade usable for it. Psybolts are nice, but not really needed. So are digital weapons, but why have that when he can re-roll failed wounds on his own with his own weapon?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:47 pm

After so long and now action here I'm back and ready to share my experience with the Grey Knights. With the new 6th Ed. of the game out, I decided to check out the spells that my group seems so poorly interested in. After doing so I noticed some craziness that was just too much fun to not pass up, especially with the new rules. Here is my 1000 Point list. It may not be fast, but it does what I want it to do.

HQ - 2x Ordo Malleus Inquisitors: Psykers, Power Armor, Psybolt Ammunition
Troops - 2x Strike Squads: 10 man, 7 halberds, 1 hammer, 2 psycannons, psybolt ammunition
Heavy - Nemesis Dreadknight: Nemesis Greatsword, Gatling Psilencer, Heavy Incinerator.

Not that fast when you first look at it, but the Inquisitors got seriously buffed with options for more spells. Both will take to the Divination powers and just take Prescience each with it being a Primaris power. Every model re-rolls ALL failed To-Hit rolls...

That includes Close-combat and Overwatch...

It's slow, it's footslogging, the Dreadknight is the fastest thing around to hit what could devastate the Knights the most. And the Inquisitors buff the Knights all the way with Prescience!
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3