Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pure Grey Knights 1000

5 posters

Go down

Pure Grey Knights 1000 Empty Pure Grey Knights 1000

Post by Articus Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:43 pm

Hey, this army list is just for "friendlies" down my local games workshop. Any advice would be much appreciated on the list as well as any on what to buy first to get started. Thanks in advance.

HQ

Grand Master w/ Concecrated Scrolls, 4 Terminators in retinue, one with incinerator.

Troops

9 Grey Knights w/ 2 Psycannons
Justicar

8 Grey Knights
Justicar

Heavy Support

Dreadnought w/ Lascannon, CCW

Total 999
Articus
Articus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 48
Army : Pure Grey Knights, Space Marines
Registration date : 2008-08-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Pure Grey Knights 1000 Empty Re: Pure Grey Knights 1000

Post by NemesisForce Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:36 pm

That's a good, solid list for 1000 points. Unfortunately GM's can't take Consecrated Scrolls. Not sure why you would want to if he could anyways since you never gave him any psychic powers. That aside, everything else looks good to me. You could use the extra point to give a targeter to the Justicar in the psycannon squad.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:56 am

As we all know, the Grand Master is an epic choice because of how much of a beast he is in close combat, and his ability to take a retinue of Terminators with him *Namely, Deep striking them in*. You should give him Grimoir of true names if your facing a heavy Daemon army *or want to smash something nasty like a Bloodthirster* and of course anointed weapon for him, so he can re roll per turn his rolls to hit.

Trust me, its VERY helpful, since his force weapons a monster Very Happy

Aside from that, you might want to reconsider your second troop of Grey knights squads; I like to take one squad with two pyscannons and one squad with two flamers. Or, you can skip both and rely entirely on storm bolters if you feel like kiteing whatever army your against. Either way, its good to keep all your knights focused on the same goal.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:15 am

Anointed weapon just means he always wounds on a 4+ unless his strength would make it a lower value, which against most things except really high toughness units is pretty much a given anyway, particularly with a NFW. (its more of a inquisitor upgrade)

Also mastercrafting only allows one reroll to hit, and his NFW can only instant kill one enemy a round assuming he passes the test, if your opponent doesn't whine to high heaven as well Razz
Anointed and Grimoire are also very demon specific, so aren't the best choice if your creating an 'against all comers' list.

If your making one squad with psycannons, make it the smaller squad, they can't move and shoot, so your probably going to park them on an objective or try and avoid moving them, and let someone come to you for assaults.
The larger squad will then be the one moving more (with its SB's firing) an incinerator in this squad -might- be an idea but you have to remember your losing NFW attacks, and trading them for a flamer template on your charge, probably useful once maybe twice a game if your lucky.

A Missile Launcher on your dread is another option, allows a bit more anti tank in your army, but at 1000 points thats slightly less of an issue than at say 1500. Keep in mind alot of models you would want your dread to assault are capable of keeping enough distance to prevent CC

Your also spending alot on a GM at that point cost, you could almost afford a BC with Psycannon (HQ) and an elite squad with a normal BC leading it for the same cost, you can then add your HQ BC to your firing squad, or alternatively give him an incinerator and run him with your offensive PAGK squad for a more assault based strategy (you can also have a psycannon on an assaulting squad since termies can move and shoot them, but BC having one wound can be a bit squishy for CC)

Also keep in mind your going to have to play very strategically as you don't have any transports, alot of people like to use LR's for their GK army due to the flexibility and resilience they provide

Just some food for thought here incase you haven't considered these options
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:38 pm

Ah, very wise words Justicar Zealadin. I must have confused anointed and mastercrafting; I have not had enough practice playing many games yet. Good thought about smaller pyscannon squad, they're great to be in the back.

I personally enjoy a squad of two GK's with Incinerators, because you can set them on opposite sides of a large mob and burn every unit in said squad. Works like a charm.

Indeed; the GM is a very pricey guy to have out in 1000 point game, since his retinue is probably a must in most situations *So as he isent K.O-ed before he gets up close and personal* It's usually better to go with a BC in smaller point games, more room for PAGK's. Grey Knights biggest weakness is heavy armor, so Dreadknoughts/Landraiders are pretty popular anti tanks when you equip them right.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 am

Yep well said Nausaden, I normally keep two Incins in my main offensive squad too, although I attach a BC with Incin to a PAGK squad with 1 Incin inside a LR kind of as my spearhead for taking out particular targets, its hugely effective, and many opponents have been left scratching their heads in confusion after the smoke clears Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:46 am

Great explanation Zealadin.
I also love using a small 5 man squad of grey knights with 2 psycannons sitting back hopefully holding an objective and spraying 6 s6 ap 4 invo ignoring shot a turn, not to mention the 6 stormbolers shots, classic Pure Grey Knights 1000 Icon_biggrin
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 100
Army : Grey Knights of course
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:09 pm

Brilliant with the LR and the incinerators Zealadin; I am certainly going to jot that down and use it in my next game Very Happy
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content