Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current 1000 point army, advice?

3 posters

Go down

Current 1000 point army, advice? Empty Current 1000 point army, advice?

Post by Maaku Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:32 am

Hello Brothers,

My list has expanded surprisingly quick under my circumstances, with this in mind I have now reached a 1000 point army already! These are the only models I have for now so I would be interested to receive any replies to help advise on what could be changed within the current list for future purchases. Or if the list seems solid enough for now, any tips on what to expand my army with?

I have a few ideas in mind with regards to expanding my army, I'm keen to use a Purgation squad for sitting on my objectives, I really like the Storm Raven's too but I have no ideas on how well they would run under all the new rules for them. Other than that, I still would consider a Psyfle Dread, and after using some purifiers recently, how much of an impact would they make on a jump to 1500?

The list is as follows -

HQ
OMI
Power sword
Combi-melta
Power Armour
x3 Servo Skulls

TROOPS
GKSS
x5 addition GK's
x2 Psycannons
X1 Hammer
Psybolt Ammo

GK Terms
Psybolt Ammo
x1 Hammer
x4 Halberds

HEAVY SUPPORT
Nemesis Dreadknight
Heavy Incinerator
Heavy Psycannon

Land Raider
Psybolt Ammo.

The list comes to 992 points, I'm thinking of giving the OMI Psybolt just to clear up a few points to get it to 998. As previously mentioned, these are the only models I have to hand at the moment, with the weapons detailed above, so I can't change too much with the list for now, although any purchases to make changes to the list will be greatly appriciated and considered carefully as well.

Maaku
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 11
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Current 1000 point army, advice? Empty Re: Current 1000 point army, advice?

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:24 am

hi !
i would have taken personal teleporter oft the dK instead of the Hpsycannon... i know that there's points to spare but the Hpsycannon is not that good and the PT give your DK much more versatility imho
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by duncndisorderly Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:29 am

As far as new purchases I'd definitely consider a dreadnought with auto cannons for only 135 points you get a lot of kick ass goodness, also maybe worth considering a dedicated transport for the omi and it can also be used as a cheap alternative transport for the termies
duncndisorderly
duncndisorderly
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 213
Army : GK, Blood Angels, CSM
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Maaku Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for the tips, I'm definitely going to be investing in a dreadknought or two in the future as and when I can.

With regards to the Dreadknight having the Heavy Psycannon, my friends that I battle with, they have nids and orcs just to name 2 armies that I battle with. I was able to use a Dreadknight in a battle against nids the other day and it proved invaluable against them, The Heavy Psycannon taking the most kills. Smile Although that does not mean that I will not consider the other style of dreadknight that works well, that being the heavy incincerator and greatsword with the PT as well.

Maaku
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 11
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-03-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by duncndisorderly Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:39 am

Sounds like your onto a sound build and your right not to ignore the heavy incinerator . Nothing smells better than BBQ ork/nid Twisted Evil
duncndisorderly
duncndisorderly
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 213
Army : GK, Blood Angels, CSM
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down