Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK Rumors

+37
da master
Sai
GMKDynamis
DonFer
Souba
fa11en
Darth Vegeta
Brother Ezekiel
Primarch
Jaykay
Brother Blutcher
librisrouge
Titus
MJSwasey
Xethik
Slind
Driz1
Ceasarian
Aubec le noir
rogueuk
bigbri
Border
Grimhack
DarkRonin
Nausaden
Thorinwhitewolf
edmundblack
raven925
Wilmgard
Aeddon
For the Emperor
Zealadin
Klomster
NemesisForce
Constantine
Rivan
Coyote
41 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

GK Rumors - Page 4 Empty Re: GK Rumors

Post by DarkRonin Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:22 am

The only way that I can see this working is if they have a Mark System similar to Chaos but for the Inquisitors to help determine what options are readily available for the army at hand.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Slind Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:35 am

Hmmm... that sound very strange, that DH and WH are merged. Not that I have anything against it, but several sources that are normally considered "reliable" (whatever that mean), has stated that there will be no codex-merger...

Speaking of reliable rumors, I've heard several boards and reseller state that "a wave of plastic knights" will be revealed/released at UK Gameday (along with DE) i September, to be followed by a codex and plastic-raven in January. Does anyone else know of this rumor? Or should I track down the source and PsyBolt him back to the Warp for speading false rumors?

Slind
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 186
Army : Daemonhunters, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:46 am

The January release of the codex and plastic-raven seems to line up with what my source mentioned regarding a First Quarter 2011 release.

Haven't heard anything about UK Gameday though.

I'm baffled as much as anyone here since the same guy who told me of the early 2011 release and the WH/DH merger is quite reliable (since he uh, belongs to the company).
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:27 am

Here's a link to the most (as far as I can tell) updated rumors though all of you have probably seen it. On an easy to read background too!

http://secondsphere.org/index.php/topic,13239.0.html

It's a little more fleshed out than Aeddon's original post. My question is if we even get half the goodies rumored what will our points cost will be? I'm assuming (hoping) we'll keep Fearless and Shrouding. Add to this the possibility of all pw's, anointed armor and psychic abilities per squad, I quake to think at what price we may have to pay. The way that each dex is going now we'll have to take the stock Justicar and 4 GK's for one lump price. That's 150 points as it stands now. What price do we put on a basic squad of 5 if most if not all the rumored goodies are true?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:55 pm

Wow, I concur. IF thesse abilities are anywhere near accurate, we might end up with an even smaller army than before Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:26 pm

If half the rumours are true I expect our regular guys to be more expensive than now, and that's saying something. Honestly I'd like to see our regular guys around 20pts or so(and no stupid extra cost for Justicars unless they're much cooler)and some nice rules to make it worth while, either Artificer armour or anointed armour would be a good fit as well as an extra attack.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:05 pm

Brother bigbri: Very slim chance of a 20 pt PAGK. As you can see from the SM codex, even Sternguard and Vanguard already start out at 25/model for the basic 5.
My guess is that with the rumored new abilities and equipment we have (esp. nfw power weapons and annointed armor for ALL PAGK), our cost will be around 30-40 pts a model for PAGK's. As the rumor thread says, it looks like GK's will be a very elite army, meaning few in numbers but very, very capable units. Just imagine a 5 man GKT squad all wielding nfw that are force weapons!!!

Honestly, I'd prefer not to have a 20 pt PAGK if that means we'll just be "slightly" better than a standard SM. And we know we can't have our cake and eat it too so expecting all these cool abilities for 20 pts/model is simply not realistic Very Happy

Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:30 pm

We'll definitely have to be more than 25 points per model. It would be too chesse-bally otherwise. The main concern I would have is the decreased size of each squad. It would be nice to re-roll all types of saves but there ain't no re-rolling AP3 hits or lower except cover save ones. And for those of you who haven't noticed, there's a lot of melta and plasma spam out there these days. Not only would we still need Shrouding but also a better version of it. Even access to non-LR transports would be in order to help balance cost with survivability.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:38 pm

I know. I think 5-6 man PAGK squads would almost be the norm due to points cost. I'm very hopeful w/ the possibility of razorbacks though. With the new profile of the psycannon, that transport is going to be down right mean vs. infantry. And razorbacks would totally be a good fit for the smaller squads we'd normally field.

The re-rolls of armor, invul and cover saves (if its accurate) is REALLY HUGE. Statistically, if you can make good use of cover, a 5-man squad can withstand a whole lot of fire before going down.

Last edited by Rivan on Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Problem is you can't always rely on being hunkered down in cover when there's multiple objectives to be had. Sooner or later you'll have to come out and play and weather the storm. Psycannobacks would really be sweet then. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:18 pm

True, p-cannonbacks will actually give our units the much needed mobility and we can devote the heavier tanks (assuming we still have enough points to use Razz) for dedicated stationary AT roles.

There's been no mention at all but I'm personally really hoping for the GK LRR rules to be included from the IA books. A GM and retinue disembarking and assaulting at I10 w/ a plethora of force weapons...now THAT is a sight to see!!! cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:37 pm

I was really hoping to see a bit of a buff to Incinerators. Right now, it is actually a very strong Heavy Flamer, but right now it is actually a bit expensive. Compared to a Storm Bolter, Heavy Flamers are often only 5 more points on Terminators. For the extra point cost (as we also lose our Nemesis Force Weapon and pay some more points), we get to ignore invulnerable saves, which can be useful but is often worthless. I thought maybe they could add another firing mode, similar to the Psycannons multi-use firing. Incinerators could benefit from also being used as meltaguns (12", Strength 8, AP 1, Assault 1 with Melta special rule). It wouldn't add much longer range to the Incinerator while allowing it to be multipurpose in such an elite army, which it really needs to be. Plus, it gives Grey Knight infantry a high strength shot which they really need to take out tanks and transports. Just my two cents though.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:59 pm

I agree. One of our armies "things" could be having weapons that fire multiple ways,

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:48 pm

Ah didn't realise how much vanilla stuff was, been a long time since I looked through he smurf codex. In that case I agree GK's will easily see models being 30+pts but as NemesisForce said melta/plasma spam will be too costly to play against. Personally I'd like to see shrouding made more useful, either change it to give squads an invul/cover save v shooting (to represent them using their power/faith as a shield) or make it much more powerful(somewhere between what we have now and Veil of Tears would be good)
As for incinerators I love the idea, could be how you spray an area with it or focus it into a narrow flame for burning through armour.
Psy-backs (see what I did there lol) would be great and I seriously hope we get them. 5th edition made mech spam much more useful and killed footslogging armies so we need something to change it and this is perfect. GK tend to field smaller squads of marines than regular chapters so razorbacks are a good choice.
Anyone heard anything about our supposed new walker. I heard we're supposedly getting something like a giant exo skeleton walker but not seen anything more recent.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:24 am

i anticipated the Psy-back and made one (photo next time) ... but let's see if our squad will be of 5 ...
if not it will be the vehicle of my inquisitor ans small retinue Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:27 am

Psycannons could be made alot more defining for GK's by being Str 7 with rending, and the rest the same as now.
Would fulfil AT roles, and make GK less vehicle reliant. More like BA in some respects.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:47 pm

Was browsing B&C and wanted to share this tidbit I found...

"From WingCommander over at Warseer:

A good friend of mine had a studio tour recently, strictly no cameras but other wise access allsorts of areas! He has confirmed, straight from the horses mouth, that there is a Stormraven and it looks, in his words "kinda like a baby thunderhawk" - he has also seen a ton of GK plastics and remarked that they are beautiful, in particular a massive (twice the size of a Dread?) Walker very reminiscent of those in Matrix which has a Grey Knight pilot.

This is yet another tidbit confirming the Avatar-movie style exo-armour rumor that I had been given about a month ago. At least now we know that the pilot is a Knight, rather than an IST or Inquisitor, or ..."

And here's something on the anointed armor rumor...

"Small bit.

The rumor I had earlier about "Annointed armor" got some additional legs with a small twist. Looks like this could be granted to a unit containing a Gk chaplain. Much like other chaplains elsewhere grant re-rolls on charges, the gk chaplains are rumored to grant counter attack and re-rolls of armor saves...caveat being the reroll is only 1st round of cc...

It's a complex confirmation, and taken alone I'd pour salt on it, but given I've heard of the anointed armor prior and recent codexes have some charge related chaplain ability...I thought I'd go ahead and post it. It's definitely taking more realistic tones...

Something to chew on at least.

Now if Chappies are Elite slot and not HQ... "

Last edited by Rivan on Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added another quote)
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

Sounds like a pentitent engine sort of thing.
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:48 pm

good new rumours ... i particularly enjoy myself imaginating a big GK penitence engine !! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Chaplains!!!!!!! cheers Plastics!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers PAGK piloted walkers!!!!!!!!!cheers
I am VERY excited!!!!!!
How long untill pics begin to 'leak' onto the net?....... Christmas?

I am happy that we are getting Chaplains, but I know there are those of you out there who are not. I wonder how Space Marine like the GK will become scratch That walker sounds pretty cool, that combined with stormravens could possibly herald the end of our struggle against heavy armour....

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:13 pm

The Avatar-type walker concept is actually interesting. I'm pretty excited too bounce
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:14 pm

sounds goods i especially wanna see the super engine

could be good if this is a heavy choice and the dreads go up to being elite like SM
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm

It would make more sense fluff wide to make Dreads less common, GKs don't want to be entombed indefinately, they want to be by the Emperor's side for the end of days. The Avatar/Walker thingy could fit in quite nicely, I gues it will almost be like a super terminator suite Twisted Evil

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:25 pm

My only concern though about a walker similar to a penitent engine is that it would most likely be open-topped and take out fairly easily unless it had high armor. If the AV is high for it, such as 13/13/11, then I'd say it'll be useful, but otherwise I wouldn't be fielding one unless the rules for it are awesome.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:58 pm

The rumours are starting to come in thick and fast now and I like it. Chaplains will be sweet, although I know some people won't like them. Personally I'd prefer to see them done like Sanguinary priests, where you can take a couple of them for each Elite slot rather than 1 as a HQ. I'd also like the option of a command squad/bodyguard with one built in,
New plastics are good and bad. good because they're supposedly awesome, and plastic is much better to work with, bad because apparently the scale difference will be noticeable so it'll look weird if you have to buy a pack for some special weapons(like the rumored wrist mounted cyclone missile launcher O.o)
The new walker sounds sweeeeet. Lon range fire support was always our weakness and dreads were never a fluffy choice to fix that(and let's face it puritan GK forces are all about the fluff) Even space wolves whose specialty is short to mid range firepower have decent long range in the awesome Long Fangs. Hopefully they'll realize this and make sure the damn rules are worth it.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content