Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK Rumors

+37
da master
Sai
GMKDynamis
DonFer
Souba
fa11en
Darth Vegeta
Brother Ezekiel
Primarch
Jaykay
Brother Blutcher
librisrouge
Titus
MJSwasey
Xethik
Slind
Driz1
Ceasarian
Aubec le noir
rogueuk
bigbri
Border
Grimhack
DarkRonin
Nausaden
Thorinwhitewolf
edmundblack
raven925
Wilmgard
Aeddon
For the Emperor
Zealadin
Klomster
NemesisForce
Constantine
Rivan
Coyote
41 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

GK Rumors Empty GK Rumors

Post by Coyote Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 am

Maybe this is common knowledge, but today I was bored and searched for GK rumors on the net. Supposedly the GK's are getting lots of lovin in the next forge world release. This is what I found Smile

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188382

I did some more looking and no one had any pics from forge world open day that was held recently with any new GK stuff, but it would be nice to see if they come out with anything else in addition to the LR and Inquisitor models they have recently released.

On a side note forge world has posted some new reaver titan accessories available for pre order on their site. They look pretty sweet.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GK Rumors Empty Re: GK Rumors

Post by Rivan Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:15 pm

It would be really cool if these "rumors" come to fruition. FW DW upgrades in the same line of Red Scorpions would be awesome!

Thanks for sharing the info Brother C.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:51 pm

I am always hopefull regarding this subject. However, I feel that this post should as stated be taken with a big dose of salt. It doesn't seem to have a very official feel to it in my opinion. I know it's a rumour and doesn't need to be official, but I hope you understand what I mean.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:12 pm

I totally agree Constantine. The fact that there were no new GK pics at the FW open day makes me think that what we're gonna get from the VRAKS III book are rules for the already released LR and Inquisitor, but who knows maybe there will be more Smile

BTW the thread also mentions that the next Imperial army of focus from forgeworld might be adeptus mechanicus. I know that should peak the interest of atleast one of our members!!!
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:34 pm

Coyote wrote:BTW the thread also mentions that the next Imperial army of focus from forgeworld might be adeptus mechanicus. I know that should peak the interest of atleast one of our members!!!

Hmmmmmm..... Which member could that be? scratch

*CoughKlomster, cough, cough!!!* LOL!!!!! Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:42 pm

Am I hopeful about the the rumors? Yes. Will I be holding my breath? No, 'cuz i wanna live. Brother C you better get some Buckley's for that strange cough of yours.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 am

Is something wrong constantine, you seem to have a terrible cough.... Razz

If the next forge world army would be mechanicus, i would... um... i have no idea what i would do.

Although, when i sent a mail to forge world they told me this, actual quote.

"...we won't do any adeptus mechanicus in the near future"

Although that was a few months ago, i don't think near future is just a few months for forge world.

But if this seems to get more rumours i would gladly send them my (mostly) finished adeptus mechanicus codex.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:24 am

*yuck!!!!! That Buckley's tastes disgusting.....but it works!!!*

Sorry about the coughing brothers Razz

Rumours are frustrating arent they Brothers!!! One source says one thing then another says something different Mad

I was just reading BOLS and they are all over the new IG codex right now

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/

Stay with me... This IS relevent to us.
All throughout the article 40K TACTICA: By the Authority of the Immortal Emperor of Mankind... they are talking about how Daemon Hunter and Whitch Hunter forces can enhance their forces and be influenced by their new "orders" rules.

This turn of events is making me nervous that our status as an allying force not an indipendant one, is not about to change any time soon Mad Crying or Very sad

My belief and this article also fit in with the FW release of the DH inquisitor and LR, as these are models that will complement a guard force well according to that article. I think at best our future holds an update to our codex, but unfortunatly I believe the glimmer of hope that was us getting our own codex is fadeing pale
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:34 pm

As far as i believe.

Grey knights will turn into some kind of forge world army, just like death korps.

Or they just remove the army alltogether, keeping thefine armies of the inquisition as some poorly written flavour fluff for space marines and will eventually fade the grey knights and sob's into nothingness.

If that is the truth i will go down guns blazing, nemesis force weapon in one hand, ohmnissian power axe in the other, and a priest on my head. (Just to get in some witchunter stuff)

But this is not a thread where we talk about depressing thoughts, here we discuss rumours!
Where grey knights get a new codex that is awesome and plastic grey knights and sisters come in packs of 5's and 10's.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:42 pm

Klomster wrote:As far as i believe.

Grey knights will turn into some kind of forge world army, just like death korps.

Or they just remove the army alltogether, keeping thefine armies of the inquisition as some poorly written flavour fluff for space marines and will eventually fade the grey knights and sob's into nothingness.

If that is the truth i will go down guns blazing, nemesis force weapon in one hand, ohmnissian power axe in the other, and a priest on my head. (Just to get in some witchunter stuff)

But this is not a thread where we talk about depressing thoughts, here we discuss rumours!
Where grey knights get a new codex that is awesome and plastic grey knights and sisters come in packs of 5's and 10's.

AND!!!!

FW makes amazing GK GM models and allows you to choose from a large selection of weaponry at no extra cost.

which is helpful because then you can have different GK GM models for each of your FW resin GKT retinue squads (one is shooty and one is assaulty) bounce

and of course FW will be taking a cast of my upcomming GK Chaplain so everyone can have one Twisted Evil

I love this positive thinking rumour stuff!!!!! cheers
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:06 pm

'Rumor' has it that Phil Kelly has already started on the DH codex. Just rumor though. Awhile back GW powers-to-be stated that Both the DH and WH codices would focus more on the GK's and SoB's. I'm confident that we'll get a stand-alone codex. Just not any time soon.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:20 pm

Any love is better than no love so whether its an update, codex, or just FW lovin the more we get the less likely our codex is going to go the way of the squats
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:51 pm

NemesisForce wrote:'Rumor' has it that Phil Kelly has already started on the DH codex. Just rumor though. Awhile back GW powers-to-be stated that Both the DH and WH codices would focus more on the GK's and SoB's. I'm confident that we'll get a stand-alone codex. Just not any time soon.

Quite a while back it was stated that DH would definately be receiving a new codex, continueing to allow the standalone army, and NOT a joint =][= codex that alot of people wanted (mainly those who wanted Xeno Hunters added again) this is the main reason they are leaving the codex as it is now and not doing much errata/faq stuff because they stated they wanted the changes done properly as a whole, not as a peicemeal bandage.
We are still looking at either very late 2009 or even anytime 2010 though (at the earliest), since at the time they recognised other armies with bigger problems to be fixed first!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:03 pm

Well, if player opinion at BoLS is any indication I thought 'our' codex was in the greatest need. If any army is worse off than us the people who play them have my most sincere and deepest sympathies.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:06 pm

I think the army in question was Dark Eldar, who while not uncompetitive, have very old, ugly and outdated models and rules.

That being said as far as I know GK are actually a more popular army than DE, so screw them!!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:46 pm

I want the GK to have a new codex, but with the last two codex revisions being imperial and supposedly the next army to get some love being the Space Wolves I'm will to bet that 2010 will be more focused on xeno armies. From what little I've read it sounds like it will be DE, Crons, and maybe Tau

Just my 2 cents Smile
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Apr 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Well at least (if you beleive them) we know that we are under the spotlight for future work, the main thing is they seem to want to do a really really good overhaul of GK's, afterall we are one of the nicest looking armies, PLUS we can join any other imperial force, its in their interest to make sure we remain both a good and a cool choice for standalone and ally'd forces armies.

Sadly when you talk to alot of non GK players, they seem to think that the answer is to just add a second weaker tier of 'trainee' PAGKs, more like SMs to give us a cheaper troop choice, and totally destroy what makes this army a bit unique.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:07 am

*Shudders*

Grey knights with bolters. The horror.

If it was that or even more expensive troops i would choose more expensive troops.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:33 am

I agree that GK's shouldn't be standardised to a level of a standard Space Marine, it goes against fluff and takes away alot of the character of the army.

I doubt to see any updates, besides Grey Knights aren't so bad, just grab one of there book as an extension to the codex, and you'll enjoy the army more. Anyway not being updated does have it's benefits. It makes for better conversions.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeddon Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Zealadin wrote:Well at least (if you beleive them) we know that we are under the spotlight for future work, the main thing is they seem to want to do a really really good overhaul of GK's...
Where are you getting that from? I mean, I've heard that Forge World has some things down the line for us but not much else.
Aeddon
Aeddon
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:19 pm

About 6 months ago (maybe more) there was some direct GWS sources that stated as much. That being said forgeworld and GWS might be the same organisation but their releases are totally independant.

If you look over at B&C you might be able to find the references to the sources.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilmgard Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:41 am

Hay guys i have not posted much, but I spoke with a red shirt about GK. He had some interesting rumors but remember to take ALOT SALT to this.

1. The new PAGK in plastic will make the new death company models look outdated.
2. Brother Captain Stern can bypass eternal warrior rules on models and kill them instantly with force weapon.

The Stern rumor is just out in left feild but, hay killing Abbadon or a Greater Deamon in one hit!! I will take that any day.

I did ask about stormraven. He didn't answer but i did catch a smirk from him before he changed the subject. I believe he might of been playing with my mind but hay would be nice to have it.

Thoughts?
Wilmgard
Wilmgard
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Necrons, Chaos Marines (Tzeentch)
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 am

Yeah, these are part of a whole plethora of rumors that have been circulating for a while. Most of these were allegedly "made up" by someone just for the sheer prank of it.

All I do is remain realistically optimistic but at the same time not holding my breath as to when and what we will get. Although, IF we do get plastic GK's, I know they will be awesome just based on the new BA models we've seen Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aeddon Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm

New from Stickmonkey on Warseer...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=269877

It all looks pretty much in line with what I've heard before with a couple small eggs in there. I'm really liking how this looks but as always, trying to keep a bit of salt on hand. So here it is...
So there's been some buzz elsewhere about GK, and it's been a while for me here so here's some bits and pieces.

Heavy rumors of Jan release. I cannot deny this possibility, but I might be personally inclined to say March, only because some items I expect to be released arent far enough to see how they could be done for Jan release.

Release items:

Codex: there is much less focus on Inquisition aspects, and no SoB. No Allies. A GK army.

Boxes:
Storm Raven. obvious choice. Options for BA, GK and ???

TA knights: 5 pack, Paladin upgrades, squad upgrades. Psycannon, NFW, SSTH, banner?

PA knights: 10 pack, justicar upgrades, squad upgrades, extra bits. NFW, psycannon, incinerator, banner?

walker: There have been some rumors of a GK driven walker. I have not personally seen this in any incarnation. However, there is a boxed walker of some type. I suspect this is a dreadnaught box set that will also have bits for BA.

Tank: I have not seen mention of a GK troop transport. Rhino based with psycannon options has been in some PT. I list this as possible, but unlikely, 4 box sets of this size are about par for a release, 5 would be a surprise.

Blisters:
New Stern

New Chaplain?

Justicar upgrade character

Paladin upgrade character

Inquisition character

2 other blisters unknown contents

Other:
Later release of GK themed terrain set? Concepts are out and some "preview" shots are floating around if you hunt. Nothing more I can say on this.

Rule bits, these are very subject to revision, but not for much longer, to hit a Jan/Mar window codex needs to be tied up and sent to printers soon:

NFW lose the changing abilities based on rank of user. standardized to PA NFW is PW with special abilities vs Daemons, TA NFW is FW with same.

Some interesting Psychic abilities. just about all squads have psychic options. Heavy on they disabling side. Enemy psychers beware.

Not a lot of Mech. But quick to deploy.

Psycannon profile PT changes to 24" H3 AP3 S6, special against daemons and psychics. or if unmoving 5" blast 36" range

Army wide. Daemonic Infestation makes summoned demons less instable?

No allies from/to other Codii. new fodder units in codex. not same as guard units.

New options for Dreadnaughts including libby. psycannon arm. Purge weapon...large pie plate, special abilities include forcing instability test for daemons, including DoC armies, pinning in other armies.

All for now.

enjoy

StickMonkey
Aeddon
Aeddon
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 215
Registration date : 2008-07-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:30 pm

im really excited about the psycannon, sounds good...
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content