Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK Rumors

+37
da master
Sai
GMKDynamis
DonFer
Souba
fa11en
Darth Vegeta
Brother Ezekiel
Primarch
Jaykay
Brother Blutcher
librisrouge
Titus
MJSwasey
Xethik
Slind
Driz1
Ceasarian
Aubec le noir
rogueuk
bigbri
Border
Grimhack
DarkRonin
Nausaden
Thorinwhitewolf
edmundblack
raven925
Wilmgard
Aeddon
For the Emperor
Zealadin
Klomster
NemesisForce
Constantine
Rivan
Coyote
41 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

GK Rumors - Page 11 Empty Re: GK Rumors

Post by Primarch Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 am

"Stealth Kustom Force Field"... Is this a Grey Ork Knights Codex?
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:57 am

I thought that too Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 am

in all that logorrhea there must be some truth

The Eversor gets a poison weapon (4+) which also ignores armour saves. He gets +1d6 attacks on the charge.

A Grey Knight character can have a psychic power that helps shield nearby units to replicate The Shrouding. It will give an addition to your cover save maybe.

These two make sense.
Especially the first seeing as we already have it.

Reducing the toughness of Daemons makes sense too, though overpowered depending on the points cost. A different version of 'destroy/banish daemon' basically. But it wouldn't make sense for mortals.

As soon as the person passing on the rumours uses language like "Here is where it gets good," and "some of the reported powers included crazy stuff" it makes me think there's sensationalising and general exaggeration involved.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:44 am

One has to consider from where all these rumours are coming from. BoLS and Warseer are pretty reliable, and have always provided with solid rumours (of course there are some that are total bull). Up until now, all the rumours are pointing in the same direction, even those of BoK that where rapidly dismissed as bull, are being confirmed in these forums. In this regard these last rumours are quite plausible since they add more info to the ones already given. The main idea was alredy disclosed in previous rumours.

Keep also in mind that these are only tiny bits of information which leave out lots of details of every weapon, ability, wargear, etc. So, although we have a psychic power that reduces the thoughness of a model, the whole picture is not clear.

I'm not saying that we should all believe in these rumours blindly. Use of regular amounts of salt is always adviced. However, be it for better or worse, we are starting to see the big picture of what to expect in the new Dex. That is, some version of these rumours will definately be in the new dex.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:38 am

On reflection all of the rumours could be true.

If someone told me 4 months before the Blood Angels codex came out that landraiders were deepstriking I'd have probably told them it was a silly idea. The same goes for Space Marines riding giant wolves.

They are silly ideas, but some tool still put them in the codices.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:05 am

BALS posts anything that could have even a grain of truth, and really these days with the way GWS is going with imperial armies anything goes.

Everyone always forgets all the terribly wrong rumours and suddenly all the ones that could almost fit the new codex if you just changed all the words and their orders are so close that its amazing.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:42 am

Is GW company growing silly??????? lol!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:45 am

Brother Blutcher wrote:Is GW company growing silly??????? lol!

Very much so. They need to go back to the serious days.

When every space marine scout had a mohawk and pistol bigger than his head.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Dec 31, 2010 5:12 am

Sai wrote:
Brother Blutcher wrote:Is GW company growing silly??????? lol!

Very much so. They need to go back to the serious days.

When every space marine scout had a mohawk and pistol bigger than his head.

Oh those days.... They also carried an oversized kitchen knife, for when some tyranid bug went gaga on them... Very Happy
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings brothers but Stick Monkey posted this on Warseer and I figured I should post it here:
Stick Monkey wrote:My sources are saying GK may be much later this year. Sources say that because the DE release was so successful, that's why we are seeing a shuffling to get more DE models out sooner. More a financial decision than production from what I'm hearing. Hope it's not true.
Once again GW have proved they're idiots. If DE proved an old, somewhat unused army line completely redone can be a huge seller then they should be burning the midnight oil to get GK's out. Add a complete redo to the fact they're even cooler than Space Marines and according to the rules will be powerful and pretty much everyone is going to want them. I know I have about £300 GBP earmarked for new stuff without ever laying eyes on it.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:56 pm

Honestly, I know Stickmonkey often is regarded highly, but he wasn't all that on with Dark Eldar, really. I'm not sure if his word is 100%, so we can still look for March/April.
Xethik
Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:31 pm

More rumours up, this time courtesy of Blood of Kittens.
Blood of Kittens wrote:Just a quick heads up for everyone about the latest on GK rumors. Here are some quick clarifications and words of wisdom when you see the latest batch of leaks that will be coming from various other sites.

Expect more specific leaks coming out soon from various forums. Just keep in mind that these leaks seem to be from older playtest of the codex so expect changes to the final print, but nothing too major.

The playtesting phase is done for the GKs

As BoLS and Blood of Kittens reported before about the MC GK has taken the slot away from what was originally given to Penitent Engines. The MC will be an Elite slot that is already becoming quite crowded with units. GK will be the Special Characters codex look for over 10 new special characters to play with at least 1/4 being inquisitorial in nature.

Assume any special powers (not USRs) are psychic powers instead. As an example, if you have Land Raider and it is immune to something it will be a psychic power (not wargear) same goes for Special Character powers. The ability to raise AV is almost certainly out of the codex or at the very least regulated to transports only. The Stormraven is currently still the only Fast Attack unit in the codex. The ability for GKs to teleport once per game is for basic GKs only not for terminators. Don’t believe any stats for the incinerator it is the one major piece of wargear that is still being debated. The special character that makes terminators cheaper can only make one squad cheaper think Tau honor guard.
Damn you Cruddace! Why pimp out the elites slot with too many choices and leave the Storm raven all alone in the FA slot? I also find it ironic that power armoured GK's get the one shot Gate of Infinity like power but terminators(who wear armour designed to be teleported) don't get it lol

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:14 am

i'm a little skeptical here ... i don't know ... wait and see
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:15 am

I bring grave news via StickMonkey on the WarSeer forums and have made the important bit red and bold .......

Nothing positive here...

My sources are saying GK may be much later this year. Sources say that because the DE release was so successful, that's why we are seeing a shuffling to get more DE models out sooner. More a financial decision than production from what I'm hearing. Hope it's not true.

And now for something new,

On the Tau front, sources say ethereals will have a much bigger presence on the battle field and new roles to fill.

On the necron front, sources say the dead will rise when the souls come out to play this year.

On the SM front, Woe be the small pale man who ignores the ides of march, especially when they come early.

On the sisters front, women in armor move slower than men, but they look better doing it. Sisters like their rides.

Happy new year,

StickMonkey
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by itsuperslug Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:24 pm

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

My sources are saying GK may be much later this year
itsuperslug
itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Damned and damned again! GW wil everlastly still remain a buisiness company... if those rumors are true..... Is the original spirit of GW definitly dead???? Sad
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:08 pm

If GW had a face i would punch it Evil or Very Mad
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:12 pm

With the DE success I wouldn't be surprised if Tau and Eldar were redone before GK. Normally I'd be bummed with news like this but I've recently been getting into Warmachine and am tickled pink on how a company cares about support and constantly updates all armies in their range. Kind of takes the edge of the disappointment.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Very disappointing indeed Sad I'm just keeping myself busy w/ my Salamanders for now.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Still a rumor, unless GW says otherwise (officially and not from some 3rd Party), its better to simply ignore these rumor posts to not get worked up over them. In all honesty, everything that has been gathered so far is hearsay from a 3rd party and not solid evidence from GW itself.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:59 pm

Actually Everything dealing with an update from the new models, codex and playtesting to the very idea of an update iitself, is a rumor. We have been hearing rumors of stuff, but in all honesty there is no new codex or models until an official announcement from GW happens. So in that vein the idea of a Tau, Necron, or Eldar update is just as valid.

I have resisted the idea of going the warmachine route when a crap ton of folks at the local game store have. Maybe its time to look into it until there is new Grey knight product in existence.
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:36 am

Yep, and we are still keeping on looking frenzilly for something new on the web: a 3up, a piece of rumor, GW's what's new today (No sorry, this last one is only a commercial advising.... lol! )...

I feel like a poor fool hoping each day to see a sign from the God Emperor.... Crying or Very sad
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:07 am

Brother Blutcher wrote:I feel like a poor fool hoping each day to see a sign from the God Emperor.... Crying or Very sad

Why do you think people turn to Chaos?They actually give damn good signs and gifts,unlike your rotting corpse of a god on that Golden Toilet of his.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:18 am

Brother Ezekiel wrote:
Brother Blutcher wrote:I feel like a poor fool hoping each day to see a sign from the God Emperor.... Crying or Very sad

Why do you think people turn to Chaos?They actually give damn good signs and gifts,unlike your rotting corpse of a god on that Golden Toilet of his.

Lol....oops I mean burn heretic.
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:18 pm

Best thing to do is focus on my other army and wait that sometime this year we get our new stuff. until then I have much painting to do with my BA army.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content