Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

+10
Vecuu
Tiberian
DonFer
Souba
DOMIN4TRIX
Rivan
Sai
bigbri
first strike
Klomster
14 posters

:: Tactica

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all - Page 2 Empty Re: one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:26 am

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:Interceptors are great, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the shunt. That is such a power play option over your opponent.

I totally agree with what your saying, with shunt> positioning and line breaker/ objective denial. I think it's great.

So with that in mind..... Who wants to write up a post for the interceptors? Wink

I'll put one up. should have it by tomorrow Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all - Page 2 Empty Re: one tacticia to teach them ... one tacticia to rule them all

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:27 pm

Here's my tactica input for Interceptors:

Unit Type: Infantry (Jump)
Unit name: Interceptor Squad
Rating: 4

Brief description: Jump troop version of our Strike Squad. Equipped exactly like the Strike Squad (power armor, NFW, stormbolter and grenades) with the addition of Personal Teleporter packs. This makes them jump infantry and allows them a once/game shunt of up to 30”. They also have the same special abilities and psychic powers as the strike squads (see Strike Squad entry for details).

Brief Tactica: Just like the strike squad, the interceptor squad is NOT a close combat unit. They are better used as a “run and gun” unit, keeping their distance and using their movement and weapons range to create an effective 36” threat range bubble. Whether you go with small 5-6 man units or full 10-man units, they provide outstanding tactical flexibility that is far superior to any other infantry unit we have that is not using a transport. They can be made into scoring units (using a GM’s Grand Strategy or if using The Scouring mission scenario) and are perfect for late-game objective grabs and/or contesting objectives. For units with at least 7 models, psybolt ammo is a good investment—effectively giving you mobile/assault heavy bolters. Coupled w/ 1 or 2 psycannons, they’re perfect for sniping side/rear armor. Alternatively, you can equip them with 1 or 2 incinerators and take advantage of their 12” movement or their 30” shunt for a well-placed S6 template—perfect vs. hard to dislodge units like eldar pathfinders, SM scouts w/ camo-cloaks, etc. Lastly, they are the only unit that can disembark from a stormraven using Shadow Skies with no chance of scattering—ensuring an accurate drop beside a unit that deserves holy cleansing. Since they are +6points/model more than a strike squad, they can get expensive fast so it is better to use upgrades that will enhance/improve their shooting and minimize spending on close-combat gear. A halberd for the justicar is advisable (for challenges), as well as 1 to 2 hammers for the squad depending on the size of the unit (to deal with the occasional walker or beastie).
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Great job!

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 am

Great write up Rivan - you covered everything. Low-balled on the rating though!

The codex ratings acording to DOMIN4TRIX

Draigo 4 (for eternal warrior and a storm shield alone)
Mordrak 3.5
Stern 2
Crowe 3.5 (all about the Purifiers unlock)
Cortaez 5
Valeria 2
Karazimov 3
Librarian 3.5
Champion 2.5
Inquisitor (any flavour) 4 (fully customisable, cheap and gives you a henchmean squad)
Grand Master 4 (grand stategy)
Brother Captain 2

Techmarine 3 (grenades)
Palladins 3.5 (a nice idea but too prone to instant kill)
Purifiers 5 (power armour Palladins that don't care if their instant killed)
Vindicare 3.5 (effective but vulnerable and expensive)
Eversor 2
Callidus 2
Culexus 2
Ven Dread 1 (nerfed with 6th edition hull points)
Henchmen 4.5 (cheap, customisable and scoring)

Terminators 4
Strike squad 4.5
Razor 4
Rhino 3.5
Chimera 4

Im doing this from memory - whats next in the codex?

Stormraven 4 (in 6th they are suddenly a 4)
Interceptors 5

Dreadnought 5 (psydread is a GK staple)
Landraider (any variant) 3
Dreadknight 3.5 (just my opinion)

For what its worth. Probably missed a load - discuss!

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 am

It's all good you giving your opinion Dom, but that doesn't mean much with out a back up. Why have you rated each unit that? I'm not saying I disagree with your scores... Well some, but just would like to know your thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:43 am

Going back to Interceptors, I think now they're even better with the kind of armies we're seeing now in Tournaments.

Against daemons, Warp quake is a blessing. Of course it can fail, but when it doesn't it's party time.
Against CronAir, units that teleport into it's deployement zone means less opportunity to manouver flyers and keep units on the table.

I'm still not sure which config is better though. Incins are perfect these days with all that cover saves running around (Power fields, Invisibility, Tau), but psycannons are great all rounders. Still both choices are great.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:17 am

Actually, I would PERSONALLY rate them a 5. However, I made an allowance for playing style since some players might lean towards purifiers, henchmen, multiple SRs, etc. Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:01 am

Grandmaster Arratak wrote:It's all good you giving your opinion Dom, but that doesn't mean much with out a back up. Why have you rated each unit that? I'm not saying I disagree with your scores... Well some, but just would like to know your thoughts.

Agreed, I fully intend to add to your tactica page Arratak - I think it's a very good idea to have the codex review all in one place and all the entries so far have nailed it.

As for the ratings they are completely subjective and mean nothing really, i'm just giving Rivan a hard time because Interceptors are my favourite unit! Very Happy I lobby for a 4.5! Laughing
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:26 am

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:As for the ratings they are completely subjective and mean nothing really, i'm just giving Rivan a hard time because Interceptors are my favourite unit! Very Happy I lobby for a 4.5! Laughing

They're my favorite unit in 6th ed too! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:59 am

Unit type: Walker
Unit Name: Dreadnought
Rating: 5

Description:
The Grey Knight itteration of this Space Marine staple is possibly one of the finest support choices in the game. Powerfull, durable and portable via the Stormraven; it is superior to it's vanilla cousin in 3 significant ways.

1. Fortitude.
5 points of the difference in price between GK vehicles and those from a standard codex. It is a psychic power which allows you to ignore crew shaken / crew stunned results on the damage table. In the previous edition of the game this was a very powerfull upgrade saving you from fire suppresion through glancing hits, in 6th edition with the advent of hull points the benefits are less pronounced though usefull all the same.

nb. The changes to the glancing hit system have affected the Venerable Dreadnought most dramatically. You pay a 50 point premium for a marginally increased statline and marginalised re-roll on the damage table. By the stripping of hull points it is now common to see a vehicle glanced to death, with the damage table roll (if penetrated) proving a bonus rather than the objective.

2. Reinforced Aegis.
A psychic null zone projected from all GK Dreadnought's conferring a -4 Ld modifier on all powers targetted at units within it's 12" sphere of influence. This is cumulative with the inherant Aegis every GK has, generally providing a -5 deterrent to anyone trying to beat us at our own game.

3. Psybolt / Psyflame Ammunition
As with all GK weaponry, for a nominal charge we can increase the strength of selected weapons by a point. We can turn our assault cannon into a psycannon - our heavy flamer into an incinerator but most commonly you will see our autocannon's upgraded in this fashion.

Double twin-linked, psybolt augmented autocannon's is the default loadout for this unit. It offers a 48" range, S8 threat, to an army that is happiest within 24" and normally at S7. The twin-linking helps against flyers and combines to make this one of the most reliable hull point strippers in the game.

It can be made a scoring unit via the Grand Master's grand strategy.

The relatively modest points cost in comparison to other support entries cements the Dreadnoughts place as an auto-include for most GK armies.

Tactica:
When armed with the preffered weapon loadout of two twin linked autocannon's with psybolt ammunition the tactica is simple - sit at the back on an objective, wrapping your aegis comforter around a unit or advance with the main force whilst dropping an enemy vehicle a turn. The 'psyfledread' is less effective in isolation as it sacrifices it's combat weapon for greater ranged threat and therefore is vulnerable to assault, you also lose the benefit of reinforced aegis. If deploying without a support unit nearby psydreads work best in elevated positions, idealy offering a better vantage point, a cover save and a hindrance to any enemy assault troops.

The dreadnought can be transported via the Stormraven though in this instance would benefit from a shorter range loadout with added combat ability and isnt without it's dangers. A destroyed Stormraven means automatic penetration to the rear armour of any dreadnought in its grapples.

Last edited by DOMIN4TRIX on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Excellent post there Dom! Brilliant points and spot on.

One small thing? Can you edit that post and split those into a description, and then a tactica. So I can just copy paste.

Definitely an auto include with the psyfle dread!

On the thread: thanks for that. I think it's gonna benefit this site a lot, it's definitely a positive.

Speaking of which..... KLOMSTER!! I think it's about time to sticky the tactica thread, pretty pretty please Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Edited Arra, if you need me to tweak anymore let me know.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:19 pm

That's great dude! Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:34 pm

+1 to Arratak, great initiative!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Thanks bro! Hope this helps! Plus it's good for us to discuss opinions and find new insights

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Inquisitor Valeria
Inquisitor Valeria will be overlooked in most armies for Coteaz or a Grand Master, but if you want to get up close and personal with your victims and not just sit back and shoot or do a little of both, then Valeria is the one for you.
Valera is a mid point character, with average stat lines. She is designed to get up close and personal with the bigest thing the enemy has on the board, and yes she can handle it.
She only has a 3+ armour save but comes with a 4++ inv save, so as good as characters costing 50 points more then her.
She gets a las pistol (yay) and a nifty little Gravation gun, a 1 shot rail gun (pistol) with short range.
In close combat you get the dagger of nidnight, a powerweapon that gives an extra 2 attacks takeing her to a base attacks of 5, now those 2 attacks can hit her on a roll of a double to hit but remember that if you roll a double 1, 2 or 3 then you miss yourself. She also gets a Hyperstone Maze, one use per game, one model in base to base contact with you must roll equal to or under their remaining W or be removed, yes that means you to Eternal Warriors, now this happens at your I step so be carefull. Usefull tips on useing her include telling your opp what she is going to do before the game, and then watch as Abbadon runs form a girl.
Last but not least are the Ruins of Destiny, this one requires your opp to reroll all his saves that Valeria requires him to take from shooting and hand to hand, when you have a character with 5 to 6 attacks in close combat, this is solid gold.
She like most inquisitors has the stubborn rule and is not a psyker.
Tactics. Place her in an assult vechile with a Strike squad, point at the largest threat on the board, get out when in range, pop an enemy transport or take a wound or 2 of an enemy monsrtous creature (the squad should have some firepower as well), and then destroy the enemy in hand to hand, repeat till game is over.

Last edited by first strike on Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:24 pm

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:
2. Reinforced Aegis.
A psychic null zone projected from all GK Dreadnought's conferring a -4 Ld modifier on all powers targetted at units within it's 12" sphere of influence. This is cumulative with the inherant Aegis every GK has, generally providing a -5 deterrent to anyone trying to beat us at our own game.

I could be wrong but almost sure it doesn't stack. Wording on Reinforced Aegis says "...are increased TO -4," not "...are increased BY -4." So far, all the GT and local tournaments I've attended rule the same.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:40 pm

1+ Rivan, it does not stack, people complain enougth about it without that.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:55 pm

Yeah your right, I totally missed that, thanks for picking that up.

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Jan 23, 2013 5:34 pm

News to me on the Aegis - I thought otherwise but dont have my codex to hand, and as always, bow to the wisdom of the forum.

Someone might want to edit the post in the other thread accordingly.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:11 pm

I already did it Very Happy

Also, just wanted to say thanks so far to the people who have helped this far, and to the people that participate and encourage this thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:11 am

True, max -4 to psychic tests against GK.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:59 pm

Hey guys, just wanna get an opinion on the venerable dread? It's taken quite a hit in. 6th edition, with the whole hull point thing and what is it? 175 points base? Don't have the codex with me. Bs5 isn't worth it when you have twin linked weapons. The standard dread just beats it hands down.

So in saying all that. I'm probably gonna rate it a "2" or if there's someone that wants to rate it a "1" I certainly won't stop you.

Anyway, discuss your thoughts:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Don't take it, take the normal Dread instead.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:07 pm

IMO, for 6th ed, no use for the ven dread when you can get a normal dread.

BS5 is good but the best value for the points it had was re-rolling the damage result--now useless w/ hull points.

I agree with 2 and don't even mind giving it a 1.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next