Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight 750 point Army Lists

+2
Coyote
marconious
6 posters

Go down

Grey Knight 750 point Army Lists Empty Grey Knight 750 point Army Lists

Post by marconious Sun May 08, 2011 6:22 pm

I thought I would share some of the lists I have been playing in local Tournies and at the local Games Centre which much success. All these lists are 750pts and while some Lack in areas of armour etc they are designed for forefil roles....

750pts 14th May 2011 Tourny List Main

Grey Knight Brother Captain - Psychotroke Grenades, Nemesis Demon Hammer - 170Pts

Grey Knight Term Squad with Just Anval Thawn - Psycannon - 300Pts

Grey Knight Strike Squad - Psilencer - 100

Grey Knight Strike Squad - Psilencer - 100

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor - Combi-Melta, Term Armour, Psybolt Ammunition - 80Pts

17 Models with no Armour Support. Place BC with Term's Deepstike behind the enermy or flank side to open up a new front and force a split of there forces. Deploy the GKSS's 24 apart use Warp Quake. Place the OM Inquisitor close to one of your squads and keep out of sight until he is needed with the one shot Melta. The only problems you will encounter is a lack of Armour killing. However as most armour is strength 11 or 12 at this point level you should be able to bring your terminators Psycannon or the Ordo Malleus Storm Bolter (Melta) to use and hoperfull with good rolls pull off those wrecks. I use this against Orcs or Nids mostly. Works well so far..

750pts 14th May 2011 Tourny List Main -2

Land Raider Crusader - 255Pts
GKSS - Psilencer - 100pts
Dreadnought - 2x Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Amminition - 135Pts
2x Razorback (one for each GKSS) - 90pts
OM Inquisitor - Term Armour, 1x Servo-Skull - 68pts

This is you cat out of the bag army. Play it to often at this point level and people will be forced to spend on high end anti tank. Pull this list out in a Tourny and watch your opponent spent several round concentrating fire on your LRC while the rest of your army move up and take them out. Start is easy 2 GKSS's into the Razorbacks, Inquis into the LRC move up field with dread supporting against there anti armour. LRC should destroy nearly all things it will come up against with the 2 razorbacks supporting against infantry. Once you arrive at your destination deploy your squads from you razorbacks ad use them as cover and support for your troops. Use the LRC to assault deploy you Inquisitor and try something down in CQC.

These are my 2 lists I will be using so far on the 14th May, I am currently trying to decide which one I will use for my 3rd. More than likely I will go with my Paladin list which was fully to play with

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2011-04-21

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight 750 point Army Lists Empty Re: Grey Knight 750 point Army Lists

Post by Coyote Mon May 09, 2011 12:56 am

Have you heard any cries of cheese for playing a LR in a low point game? I like the lists btw.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Mon May 09, 2011 1:14 pm

Coyote wrote:Have you heard any cries of cheese for playing a LR in a low point game? I like the lists btw.

To many lol, however its like I said to them they may only have 1 or 2 antitank to take it out at range but how many models now adays come equiped with power weapons that can destroy vehicles (alot). Not that I ever give them a chance to get close enough Smile. I've seen a chaos command spend 2 turns running at the LRC only to be killed my it 5 inch's away in my shooting turn before he assaulted. That brought a little smile to my face. A LRC at 750pts can whipe an entire army with ease. I also have a list where I can play a LRC and techmarine and pretty much never loose it or loose a weapon. Adapt and overcome at all costs. Thats my greyknights moto.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon May 09, 2011 1:26 pm

These look like solid lists!
Great job.
I like the LRC list the best.... The LRC and Techmarine list sounds interesting Twisted Evil
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Tue May 10, 2011 12:46 pm

Next List to be added for a low 750pts game includes none other than our chapter master Lord Kaldor Draigo. Believe me when I say you play this right and they dont stand a chance. Think of list as more use against chaos, demon, space marine and Tau armies.

Lord Kaldor Draigo - 275pts
3x Paladins, 1x Apothecary - Nem Demon Hammer - 295pts
Razorback - Twin-linked Lascannon - 80pts

10 Men and 1 transporter. Place Draigo with the paladin squad and deepstrike. Use the Razorback to transport the GKSS and race towards the most lightly defended edge of your opponents board or use the GKSS to cap a control point with the lascannons supporting. Deepstrike the paladins and our leader behind the enermy and proceed to move in cqc when ever avaiable. You will find they will concentrate everything they have on that group and fail to shut them down. At this point level its like putting 3 land raiders on the field in a 750pts game. Draigo and the paladins will eat up anything they come into contact with. I have tried and tested this list against a choas and blood angels player and lost only the GKSS or Razorback during the game. I downed the demon prince on his second assault phase when I deepstriked next to him and he assaulted me. I then proceeded to engage his chaos marine squads one by one and finish them all off.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Tue May 10, 2011 12:55 pm

I love using this list against Imperial guard or Orcs. It takes them totally by supprise that a Grey Knight Player inflicts just as much damage as them on the first turn. This is our One Turn Alpha Strike List, yes we have one.

2x GKSS each with a psilencer - 200pts total
2x Razorbacks each with Hunter Killer Missiles and Lascannons with twin-linked Plasma guns - 180Pts
Dreadnought - 2x Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt ammo - 135pts
Techmarine - 3x servo skulls, Orbital Strike Relay - 149 pts
OM Inquisitor - Term Armour, 2x Servo skulls, Hellrifle - 86 Pts

Just give it a try and see what you think. Unload the HK Missiles, Psycannons, ORB Strike in turn one onto armour and large troops areas. Use the Servo skulls to prevent any deepstriking in your area and force them to ride or walk to you. Castle up at the start (this is always our best tactic when the opertunity arrives).

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Tue May 10, 2011 6:09 pm

i like your lists my fav is the LRC list thats a lot of models any tough things in there

if an inquisitor takes term armour can he still have the hellrifle
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Tue May 10, 2011 7:13 pm

rogueuk wrote:i like your lists my fav is the LRC list thats a lot of models any tough things in there

if an inquisitor takes term armour can he still have the hellrifle

I will go ahead and after looking more into say no so alittle amendment to my list is needed. However if you can replace a chainsword with a hellrifle or a Force Hammer I'm sure you can replace a Force Hammer with a Hell Rifle. If you see my logic in thinking. But if we go by the book which we must then no you can't. So I would go as far as replacing the hellrifle with Psycannon. Lacks the range but deadly once in range as we all know.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Tue May 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Just played an Imperial Guard Force as part of a pre-tourny game to test forces. I used the following list, won easily. Have a look see what you think and I hope its of use to someone out there. I am thinking of making this my 3rd list entry for the tourny.

Brotherhood Champion - 100 points

GKSS (10 men) - 2x Psilencers - 200 Points

GK Terminator Squad (10 men) - 2x Nem Demon Hammers, Psycannon - 450 Points

Fielded 21 Men Capture and Control 3 Points on the board. Combat Squaded Terms and GKSS. GKSS Combat Squads secured 2 victory points with aid of the Champion. Terminators walked on from reserve in turn 3, flanked and engaged in cqc after taking out all his weapon platforms. My champion did his job and died in cqc with his HQ killing them both. Gunned down any units trying to approach the victory points with GKSS's. Battle ended 2-0 to me with last point contested. Looses where 3 Terminators and Brother Champion. His looses where 3/4 of his force.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Wed May 11, 2011 6:30 pm

its stupid how we can only take certain gear in power or term armour not the same gear with any armour

another nice list there 4 troop choices is good in 750 and with 21 men I\'ve had less men in a 2000 pt game
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Wed May 11, 2011 11:38 pm

Heads up I played the above list in a 2v2v2 tonight. I was placed with Chaos (go figure). I wiped out the marine player solo by turn 3 with just my terminators. His commander died to a lucky hit with a demon hammer. What was the funniest moment in the game was turn2 when I deepstriked mt terminators in and scattered right in front of his eldar team mates 3 walkers, 2 transporters and 1 tank that can shot without line of sight. He fired everything at my terminators, rolled at least over 40 dice with rerolls and rewounds from the walkers and failed to kill a single one. Save to say I make sure my terminators stade in cqc for the rest of the turns.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Thu May 12, 2011 12:03 am

If anyone can come up with a cqc list including an eversor assassin give it a quick post here. I'm looking to supprise an imperial guard player with multiple deepstrikes and assaults.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Sat May 14, 2011 10:24 pm

marconious wrote:I love using this list against Imperial guard or Orcs. It takes them totally by supprise that a Grey Knight Player inflicts just as much damage as them on the first turn. This is our One Turn Alpha Strike List, yes we have one.

2x Razorbacks each with Hunter Killer Missiles and Lascannons with twin-linked Plasma guns - 180Pts

Just give it a try and see what you think. Unload the HK Missiles, Psycannons, ORB Strike in turn one onto armour and large troops areas. Use the Servo skulls to prevent any deepstriking in your area and force them to ride or walk to you. Castle up at the start (this is always our best tactic when the opertunity arrives).

I finished the Tourny today sponsored by GW. Came in 3rd place out of 16 only 8 Victory points behind second on 3680 Points. I used 2 Lists and have to say after winning 6 games and only lossing 2 I will not be changing them for any more 750pt games...

Land Raider Crusader - 255Pts
Dreadnought - 2x Twin-linked Autocannons, Psybolt Amminition - 135Pts
2x Razorback (one for each GKSS) - 90pts
OM Inquisitor - Term Armour, 1x Servo-Skull - 68pts

List 2

The last person I played was IMP Guard and hadnt been defeated till my game, he lost twice to List 2. The orbital strike just killed off his armour hitting 3/5 times. He ended up winning with 6/2 but 4200 VP's. I highly recommend both lists. I killed of my first player (Chaos) in a matter of 3 then 4 rounds with list 1

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Sun May 15, 2011 1:52 am

Thats pretty lucky with the orbital strike, considering it always scatters 2d6 and can't ever just hit. he must have had a TON of vehicles!

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkwood Sun May 15, 2011 2:40 am

Agreed, an OSR is nice to have and helps stop armies who camp, but even when I use Barrage Strikes(lge Blast temp) you really do have to be lucky with it!
Hawkwood
Hawkwood
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : PH Death Guard / Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-03-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by marconious Tue May 17, 2011 3:10 am

first game he deployed 3 chimaras with squads and 1 tank. I rolled a 1 and 2 in turn 2 for lance strike on tank. That was a gonna. Turn 3 took out his valk he had also with lance with a 1 and 3 roll if I remember right. Failed a large blast when I rolled over 8. Second game he had 3 valks with squads I game on in full force in turn 2 which pissed him off. Killed a valk with 2 lascannons on razorbacks. Turn 3 killed a valk with lance strike again with a low roll. then my dread just finished off his troops along with stormbolters from my left flanked GKSS. Took him by surprise.

marconious
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down