Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Point Grey Knight Terminators

4 posters

Go down

2000 Point Grey Knight Terminators Empty 2000 Point Grey Knight Terminators

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:58 pm

I know that some of you have been trying to figure out how to really make the GKT lists work, and I think that this might work out.

It's all infantry just to let everyone know ahead of time.

2x HQs - GM's - Master-crafted NFW (Halberd/Sword), Rad Grenades, 3x Servo-skulls each, and an Orbital Strike Relay each
3x Elites - Techmarines - Orbital Strike Relays
4x Troops - Grey Knight Terminators - 1x Master-crafted Daemon hammer, 1x Psycannon, Psybolts (each unit has the exact same upgrades).

The idea is to hang back and shoot and let loose FIVE Orbital Strikes a turn. I know that they will always scatter, but I'm bound to wreck something. I still have some 45 odd points left to spend on trinkets, but I'm not sure what to do with it really. Each Techmarine will get to be part of a single GKT squad while the GM's are part of another, and all will just drop shots on whatever is in range. If something is nice and juicy to take out at the sweet spot for GKTs, then I'll let them rip. Other then that, it's meant to shoot, and shoot and shoot.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2000 Point Grey Knight Terminators Empty Re: 2000 Point Grey Knight Terminators

Post by shadow Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:58 am

@DarkRonin, interesting thought process, I like the idea too, it's like loads of Manticores. you could also switch a GM for Inquisitor Karamazov.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:56 am

Vindicators will destroy you!! but otherwise I think this would be a fun list to play!!
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:09 am

Well I think that'll depend who gets 1st turn because if DarkRonin does, he'll probably use the Lance orbital strike and get rid of Vindicators
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:22 am

He is cheaper and would useful to have to support the GKT other then a GM. Gotta admit though, that his use of OS which doesn't scatter over friendlies would be awesome, especially when the GKT's have 2+ armor (Against Barrage, no way I'm using either Lance or worse, Psyk-out!). Even better now that he's an Independent Character and not a Monstrous Creature so it's easier to hide him.

I wonder though, if he remained a monstrous creature, woud you be able to use both the OS and his MM in the same turn?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Thu Mar 24, 2011 6:14 pm

i like the idea with the points left personally i would drop a techmarine and add a vindacare to support the terms and pick off any bad looking dudes heading your way
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content