Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 pts - Crowe List

+7
Requiem
bigbri
MJSwasey
Aubec le noir
stormknight
Rivan
DonFer
11 posters

Go down

1750 pts - Crowe List  Empty 1750 pts - Crowe List

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:02 pm

Hello fellow Knights, it´s been long time since I didn't post a list.

The main WH40k event of the year is coming to my city and I will certainly be playing. This time I wanted to try a Crowe list in order to field my recently painted Purifiers (hope I can upload the pics anytime next week). I need some advice with this list since I can't seem to complete it and don't know exactly what else I can add to it to make it perfect. Dreads and RBs are going to provide some nice fire support with S8/S6 shots every turn, while Purifiers can sit inside until the time is right or just jump off and add their firepower too. Interceptors add mobility to the list, outflanking or contesting objectives late in the game. I reckon the anti tank is a bit short but today's environment only offers AV12 as standard (DE, Necrons, Space Wolves, etc.), so I reckon it is enough.

HQ
Castellan Crowe

TROOPS
6x Purifiers (2 Psycannon, NDH, 3 NFH) + Razorback (HB, Psybolt Ammo)

FAST ATTACK
10x Interceptor Squad (2 Psycannon, NDH, Psybolt Ammo)

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Psyfle Dread

This leaves me about 120 points to play with. But have no idea what else to include. Should I loose something and add another? Any advice is most welcome. Thanks in advance!

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1750 pts - Crowe List  Empty Re: 1750 pts - Crowe List

Post by Rivan Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:24 pm

I like your list. One suggestion I have is to swap out 1 psycannon for an incinerator for your Interceptors. With their ability to move about, applying a S6/AP4 template to snipers/pathfinders can be really useful.

For the extra points...not sure what else to add. If only you have an extra 15pts you can have a 3rd psyfleman dread. How about taking 1 purifer out and adding a Brotherhood Champion to one of the squads? This will still leave you with 36pts.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Thanks for the advice Rivan,! Very Happy . I too was thinking on a BC, but Purifiers die just too easily to count them as a pure assault unit. I think he can function better on a Termi unit or a bigger Purifier squad... mmmh still it is an interesting idea.

Adding a third Dread is also interrsting, I was aiming at adding more bodies but full auto is also a great option. I'll post the possibilities soon.

Cheers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:16 am

you could upgrade both dreadnoughts to venerable dreads for those 120pts.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:26 am

Great idea. Are VenDreads really worth the points increase? I mean, WS/BS 5 is great, but additional 60 points is a lot IMHO.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:58 am

i think i saw a post aswering to this question : basically it's a number of shooting turns' difference.... the "normal" dreads shoot more for cheaper points but vendreads shoots longer (because of the AP 13)... 1 or 2 turns longers if you're lucky ... so it depends on your play style (agressive or defensive) and on the points you have to make in it
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:27 am

i think you're a little confused - the ven dread doesn't have armor 13. What it does have is the ability to make someone reroll their result on the damage table.

The analysis is basically correct though - Ven dreads will often survive a bit longer, which combines with psy pilot means more shooting. In reality, for just shooting efficiency you'd go with regular dreads, and only if you want the increased survivability (such as with grand strategy to make them scoring, or if you dont have many other vehicles to shield them/take shots, or for some other reason).

That said, theres something awesome about hitting on a 2+, twin linked, and then wounding on a 2+. I love it.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:47 am

you're right about the vendread AP brother... i didn't remember the post very well and use finally few dreads (though i love them as models Razz ) thanks for correction
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Interesting, never considered VenDreads. Ok. I just came up with the following list. Removed the Interceptors but added more punch.

HQ
Castellan Crowe

ELITES
2x Venerable Dread (TL Autocannon, TL Autocannon)

TROOPS

HEAVY SUPPORT
2x Nemesis Dreadknight (Nemesis Doomfists, Heavy Incinerator)

Now this version does have a very low model count which troubles me a little. But the firepower and the ability to assault with heavy hitters makes me like this list. Advice is always welcome!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:50 pm

You might be low on models, but you have great target saturation. First turn your opponent has to choose between popping the razorbacks, dealing with the dreads, or dealing with the NDK's all of which are capable of putting the hurt on him. My only concern is you lack a little in the CC department with only 3 halberd guys per squad. Although as long as you avoid dedicated CC units you should still be able to mom up most things. Make sure to let us know how it goes when you use it, would like to use this as a base for my own list.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Requiem Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:06 am

might be stating the obvious, but you forgot the psybolt on the dreads ^^

you are rather low on model count for a 1750p game, but i can imagine this list working!
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:49 am

Woops, thanks brother R., though I had considered them in the points.

Excelent points Brother Bigbri. I have played a different Purifier's list, with 1 paladin squad, Librarian and a Stormraven instead of the walkers and I found out that purifiers are not good CC units. They are capable of putting some hurt on average CC units but will never win against dedicated ones. So your advice is quite accurate. Avoiding CC as much as possible could be the best way to go.

Squeezing one GM in for scoring purposes was also considered, but frankly I think this could be streching the list too far.

I'd like to know your take on NDKs. I find them to be great CC units but with limited usability. Any advice on how to use them? The other alternative could be adding two squads of Purgators for extra fire power.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:22 am

i know it will cost you an eye (or both !! Razz ... with augmentics it's not a problem Wink tongue ) but the NDK works a lot better with the teleporting device !! more versatility and mobility.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:16 am

I preferred the 1st list with the Interceptors but as Rivan said with a Flamer even though I still love the Dreadknight model Wink.
You could add a Rad OXI and 6 DCA for 120pts just to have a counter assault unit that can deal with Thunderwolf Cav.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:23 am

Great idea, I overlooked the posibility of Inquisitors+Henchmen. Will prepare a new iteration of the list and post it soon. Still have some time left before the tournament.

Cheers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:43 am

Ok the tournament is this weekend and had a couple of battles agaisnt Eldar and Dark Eldar last weekend. The list I used was with the twin NDKs and VenDreads.

I must say I had little confidence in the low model count, although four scoring units are quite enough. But since my scoring units are also my spearhead, contesters and sometimes hard hitters I reckoned something could go wrong.

Missions were Anihilation against Eldar and Size Ground against their cousins.

I must say I was surprised since I won both. The ammount of fire power this list can deliver is amazing. Against eldar, both NDKs were out of the table by end of turn 2 (I started with them on the table), but this sacrifice allowed the rest of my army to stomp the eldar into oblivion. Choices are hard once you have so many priority targets on facing your army. RBs were able to glance a few vehicles, enough to have the space and time to move to good positions.
Against Dark Eldar, very shooty Dark Eldar, I won by controling 1 objective out of 3, and destroying his entire army. Really, in the end he was left with one Raider, no weapons.

So I must say I am pretty happy with this list. I'll certainly bring it to the tourny and will post a complete report after that.

Cheers and thank you borthers for the advice!

Last edited by DonFer on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:47 am

Congrats on your victories last week and good luck with the coming tournery! Looking forward to reading the batreps Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by sabian Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:06 pm

I really like the revised list, a lot of fire power and survivability.
sabian
sabian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 123
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:40 am

As someone else said you have a really solid list there and it should do well against most opponents!

No easy target priority choices, because whatever you kill something else is just going to come bite you on the ass.
I would hate to face this list with my DE, and they are designed to be mech killers.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Dec 01, 2011 11:50 am

Thanks borther! But I must say that without the help I got here this list could have never crossed my mind. So thanks again for the advice!

Report to come... Very Happy
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:27 pm

Hi, I'm new to the forum and 40k. I've been trying to get a Crowe list together and I really like your list.

However, I wondering why you decided to take razorbacks instead of rhinos. With rhinos you get two firing points, which means you could use the two psycannons off of your purifiers. Wouldn't that be stronger than a heavy bolter and save you at least 20 points?

Also I was curious about what Aubec said about being a defensive player and whether or not to choose a venerable dread. I usually find myself waiting for the other army to come at me (I've only played 3 games that were less than 1500 points) and then shoot at them and then charge in after they are committed into coming into my assault range. So did you think the venerable dreads were worth their points?

Lastly, I was considering throwing a techmarine into my list, but I wasn't sure if I wanted him with purifiers for close combat or sitting with the dreadnaughts equipped with a conversion beamer.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down