Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of

+3
Aubec le noir
Rivan
DonFer
7 posters

Go down

Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of Empty Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of

Post by DonFer Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:42 am

Hello fellow Knights, I come back woth a small battle report. This was THE WH40k event in my city, where all of the players come together for a good day of fun and gaming.

I took the Crowe list I presented a few weeks ago for your consideration in the Army lists section. I used 2 NDKS, 2 VenDreads and 4 Purifier squads in RBs. Crowe of course was there.

I must say that this time of the year is pretty hot down here, so in the s[irit to wear as light as possible for the tournament I decided not to bring my camera. So I must appologize for the lack of photos.

So the tournament was 4 rounds but because I won the qualifiers the week before I got to play only 3 of the four games. Neat.

+ First my round was Capture and Control with a Spearhead deployment. My opponent: Tyranids.
How did it go: His list was full of Tervigons (those guys that spawn more little creatures) and other MCs that are very annoying to handle. In the first 3 rounds he managed to pop 60+ termagaunts, so you can imagine I say the battle going uphill for me. But then my NDKs did their job and wiped out his MCs, specially with the NDFs which are great to handle those monsters. VenDreads provided the much needed fire support from behind lines and my Purifiers managed to approach his objective, while my opponent was left with only one Tervigon and a small wall of Termagants at the end of turn 5.
Result: Draw. I could't reach his objective, and on the turn 6 roll off, we got a 2 so it ended right there. Pitty. Victory points was the second objective so I won about 1600 to 160 (he managed to kill one of my NDKs).
Lesson Learned: Be more agressive against Tyranids. They don't stand a chance against Force Weapons.

+ My second battle was against Black Templars, Pitched Battle and mission was Annihilation.
How did it go: His list had one LRC, rhinos and LasCan Predators. I moved to control the center of the table and from there hold it and see what his move would be. I lost an NDK in the second turn (great rolls he got) and one RB inmovilized. On my turn I managed to shake his predator enough for my remaining NDK to blast it into pieces. His LR and troops moved forward for the assault but got blasted apart by my RBs and Purifiers which got off their transports to use those nifty Psycannons. The game went down to the 7th turn by then the only model left to my opponent was a lonely Termiantor.
Result: I won. Annihilated except for that Termi.
Lesson Learned: GK can shoot a lot!

By now things were pretty hectic in the Toruny. People who won their firts battle lost their second and some drew. So it was going very well for me, despite my previous draw. If I win this last round and got lucky I could be first... (or so I thought...)

+ Last game was against Eldar, a friend of mine with whom we were playtesting before the tournament. Mission was Seize Ground and deployment was Pitched Battle.
How did it go: I must say that this was one hell of a battle, not because of the dice we rolls (we both had spectacular results during the game), but because we both knew our weaknesses and strengths. Tactically speaking this was one of the best games I have ever played.There were three objectives to be taken. I knew that my opponent was going to try the "shoot from afar and last turn turbo boost objective contesting, so I had to place my objectives (two of them) as close to the center of the table as possible, to force him to get out of his hole. During the first 4 turns I controlled 2 of the three objectives, and managed to destroy 2 of his three fast contesters. I had one chance to assault his last objective, wipe out his last troops and win the game. But then I forgot to move my unit and because of that I was out of assault range.... Man how I regret that now! Ok rookie mistake, I know, but believe me, that will never happen to me again. Long story short, he turbo boosted, and contested one of my objectives.
Result: Draw. A very painful one.
Lesson Learned: It ain't over till is over.

So in the end with that result I placed 5th out of 36 guys. Not bad but could have been up there. The list is great, very resilient to firepower and can deliver quite a rain of fire. The NDKs were great for MCs and though Vehicles (LRC), and the Incin was a bliss for those pesky eldar rangers and their 2+ cover save. I enjoyed the tournament and won myself some respect (this was the first serious tournament I have ever been to). So thanks for reading and thanks again for your help with this list.

Cheers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of Empty Re: Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of

Post by Rivan Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:48 am

That was awesome Brother! Congrats on placing very high. Well done Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of Empty Re: Crowe - NDK 1750 pts Battle Report... Sort Of

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:58 am

very well done brother !
believe me those hard and painful lessons learned in tournaments are now carved in your soul forever !! Twisted Evil
you won't do that mistake again ... as i won't do mine ! Razz Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:13 pm

Thank you Brothers! I surely won't make that mistake again. Cheers!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:42 pm

Nice stuff, its a shame about missing that movement, its one of those lessons you have to learn the hard way (I'm stilling learning it Razz).

Great to hear the Vens and DKs went so well!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:13 pm

Great job and congratulations!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:30 am

Great work with a juicy little list. Well done on the high finish
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 am

Thank you all. NDKs do add a lot of punch to the list. Very Happy
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Chorster Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:30 am

Reading your battle report makes me want to leave work and get my army finished! Congrats on your placement brother!

- Chorster
Brother Chorster
Brother Chorster
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-12-13

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down