Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OUR SUGGESTION FOR THE NEW DAEMONHUNTERS-GREY KNIGHTS CODEX

+41
edmundblack
Brother Blutcher
Nausaden
Aubec le noir
Grimhack
Primarch
Grey Wolf
Rivan
Zealadin
VindicareAssassin
Wilmgard
Coyote
Cerium
Praexes
Andarius the Red
hunter
Aeddon
For the Emperor
Constantine
The Legionnaire
Snowfire
jester
Brother_Marine
Aubéron
albedoc
Emperors_Will
Holywarrior16
Gioz
Sondosia
Crassus
Dvil
HOBO
belissand
Pyriel
Justicar Dionitas
Angelus Mortis
NosMo
Klomster
Brother-Captain Validi
NemesisForce
SIRSEAN
45 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

OUR SUGGESTION FOR THE NEW DAEMONHUNTERS-GREY KNIGHTS CODEX - Page 5 Empty Re: OUR SUGGESTION FOR THE NEW DAEMONHUNTERS-GREY KNIGHTS CODEX

Post by For the Emperor Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:06 pm

Storm Shield and NFW option for Terminators
Eternal Warrior - Grandmaster, Ws 6
Exciting pyschic powers. Gives: Fleet, stronger shrouding, reroll failed to hit in close combat... maybe more complicated that effects the GK squad aswell as the enemy but we use our Aegis Suit to defend ourselves??
Land Raider Redeemer - Burn the herectus scum
Grey Knights - Deepstrike option turn one (half army) for all Grey Knights
Pyscannon - Cheaper or give it rending, I would laugh at TH/SS terminators if this happened
Pyschic Power - Justicar
Grey Knight Vehicle - Shrouding like a special machine spirit something unique basically
More DS reliability - Teleport homer, unlimited range, reroll the scatter dice.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

OUR SUGGESTION FOR THE NEW DAEMONHUNTERS-GREY KNIGHTS CODEX - Page 5 Empty Re: OUR SUGGESTION FOR THE NEW DAEMONHUNTERS-GREY KNIGHTS CODEX

Post by Klomster Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:37 pm

Same rules and scatter for orbital strike, but it can change targets!

T 4(5) for grand master. Or option to make so!

(T 5 right off is too powerful)

Cheaper stuff overall.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:41 pm

Personally, I'd like the shrouding to be like the stealth abilities that other races have just to generize it (ie Harlequins, Tau Stealth Suits, Vindicare Assassins) 2d6X2 is far more preferable! The Aegis and Rites of Exorcism need some updating also like maybe a built in psychic hood (Aegis) and prefered enemy against Daemons (Rites). Incinerators and Psycannons are way to expensive, perhaps a drop in 10pts each would make them worth it, and lastly a rehashing of the psychic list and the availability to those powers (justicars=1 power, captain=2 powers, etc)
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Praexes Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:28 am

I would rather have a large, Multi-Ordo codex than only one or two codexes for Grey Knights and Sisters.

For 40k overall, I think there needs to be some kind of 'mob' army, to represent an Imperial City gone mad to chaos and mutation or under the sway of any number of Xenos manipulators from the merchantile Tau to the 'O Emperor! It's inside me!' Tyranids.

That kind of army would in turn make an Arbites force (oh please Jesus! lol) a viable, fun, and 'desirable' for army the average gamer to pick up.

Imagine a Apoc battle in a ruined city, between Imperial Guard Allied with Space Marines and Arbites against a city full of mutated locals supported my invading Nids, with a guerilla warband of regular citizens caught in the middle of it all.

Or for that matter, reverse the roles and make GK, IG and Arbites on one side with mutants and CSM on the other, with normal militia in between. The GK/IG/Arbites need to purge everything, the Nids/half-breed stealers want to eat, and the militia want to survive. So much richer and a more interesting game than just SM vs IG 1500pts.
Praexes
Praexes
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 192
Army : Ordo Malleus 1000 pts, Pre Heresy Death Guard and Mechanicum (W/PIP)
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:37 pm

An army i think would be insanely cool is...

The adeptus mechanicus.

Just think about it.

THE ADEPTUS MECHANICUS!!!! Insanely cool, or is it just me who thinks that way?
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Praexes Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 pm

http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/iron-brotherhood-c-36_43.html

I ordered some of these today. Can't wait to paint them.
Praexes
Praexes
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:49 pm

Those are very very wannabe mechanicus.

Some of the stuff from microart is real cool.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Praexes Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:44 pm

Yeah, they look awesome though.

Here's a plog the guy who sculpted them made: http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96161
Praexes
Praexes
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:36 pm

Wow!!!
That guy has done some fantastic work!!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:44 pm

That is one sweet army. I find it kind of a shame though that GW doesn't at least do an AdMech pdf. codex. They're more than just a minor part of the 40K world.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Praexes Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:01 pm

Daemonhunters work really well as them.

Think about it: an inquisitor with lots of tech-artifacts, and storm troopers with lots of flashy gear.

Of course, that's just rules wise; you can do so much in terms of modelling them.

My Death Guard (pre-heresy) have a contingent of Adeptus Mechanicus with them. Smile The 'Inquisitor' is an Archaeo Techmagos with lots of funky weapons and 3 servitors with Archaeo Tech cannons (plasmacannons, for rules sake) as well as a targetting servitor.
Praexes
Praexes
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cerium Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Not so much a suggestion for the codex as such, but with every codex release there are always new miniatures. how about plastic GK's for starters

Cerium
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:44 pm

I've already posted this elsewhere, but this thread always comes up in the top five when I google "Grey Knights Codex"... So just on the off chance there's a GW employee brainstorming about the new DH Codex I'm putting here too.

Ok so normally I like to focus on what I can do with what I have rather than wish listing what I'd like to see in the next DH Codex, but today for some reason I'm fixated on it. Besides what I've already mentioned about Dreadnaughts here are my 3 gems for today:

1. Psychic Network - After thousands of years of teleportation experience the Grey Knights have learned to use each other as beacons in the warp in order to more accurately triangulate there target destination on the battlefield. For every Grey Knight unit to include vehicles on the board the teleporting unit may subtract one inch from their roll if they scatter.

This is well balanced. For a list using only 1 or 2 GK units DSing isn't so risky because their model count is high. For a pure GK list the opposite is true.

2. Shrouding - Unlike many other players I don't feel like this is a broken rule. It keeps my GK's from getting picked off at long ranges where I can't retaliate and forces my opponent to come into a range where I can more easily deal with him. Not a game winner but nice to have. HOWEVER, adding something to it might make it a more useful rule. So why not make the shrouding have the same effect as assault grenades in addition to what it already does?

3. This is my favorite. To fix the horribly lacking fast attack catagory in the DH Codex I would love to see an Inquisitorial variant of the Vendetta Gunship loaded out with 3 twin linked psycannons instead of twin linked lascannons.

In fact I like that idea so much I sent a request to Forgeworld to make the kit and I'm thinking about making my own datasheet for the next friendly game of apocalypse I play.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilmgard Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:09 pm

hi i am new to this forum but not to 40k nor the GK.
Overall the Grey Knights are good but as many have stated is the fast attack is lacking. Yes it would be nice to see more fast attack but what about
heavy support? I have played games against daemons form the new codex i lost that game due to the fact that i had little options for heavy support. Right now all i have for heavy support like lascannons are my dreadnoughts. The dreadnoughts should be venerable also. they are GK for heaven's sake. The crusader is a great asset but a redeemer would be nice. Would a predator be to much to ask for? A Predator With autocannon and heavy bolters with psycannon bolts upgrade would be very useful to have.

With heavy weapons for the troop choices, it would be nice to have another weapon available. The incinerator and the psycannon can handle the infantry but what about larger creatures or vehicles? Would a rocket launcher be to much to ask? It would also have no inval saves against the shots from it.

another thing with troops is that they should have more choices or give the GK feel no pain. That would assist with the survival rate from a distance and in combat.

Terminators should be able to have two heavy weapon choices if the squad numbers ten. Just like in a normal Space Marine terminator squad.
Also the storm shields need to change from 4+ inval to a 3+ inval.

New psychic powers and better rules for the GK in general. My friend plays space wolves and since the new codex is out they have 4 attacks on the charge while the GK can only have 3 and only 3. That is unfair.

With the characters, they are fine but more would be nice. Also they need to be able to be in par with the chaos characters. My first army is chaos and Abbadon is a beast. Why can't Brother-Captain Stern be in the same league as Abbadon?

A new codex is really need since this is 3rd edition i believe. Even the nids are getting a new 5th edition codex. WTF the don't even need it.
Lets hope we see a new codex soon.
Wilmgard
Wilmgard
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Necrons, Chaos Marines (Tzeentch)
Registration date : 2009-10-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by VindicareAssassin Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:58 pm

I think that Grey knights should be able to take space marines as allies. after all, the 4th ed says that inquisitors can call upon legions of space marines, or requisition whole worlds if they so wish.
VindicareAssassin
VindicareAssassin
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Grey Knights/Daemonhunters and Dragon Guard
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:48 pm

You can..... you just have to go main army list SM and ally some GK's on.
Inquisitors can call upon space marines as well. The GK are only present when SM aren't going to cut it.
Its fluff, but it makes sense and adds some flavour.

Personally I wouldn't like the elite GK club being flooded by SM players who want some GK goodness
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:05 pm

@Brother Wilmgard: Welcome to the forums!!!

I can understand the need for more options in many of our FOC choices and also agree that our codex is way behind the power curve.

One thing I don't think GW will do though is turn the GK's into "just another SM" army w/ pretty much all the same choices and options but w/ added stuff like our str 6 attacks, aegis, etc. I for one don't necessarily like that either. There's a reason our force and weapon choices are different, because we are NOT just like any other SM army. Granted, like I said, we need updated rules, but I think the changes need to support our fluff and background. As it is, even with the new 5th codices like SW, I think we can still hold our own, albeit it will be more challenging (but that's why we play GK's in the first place right?). I haven't studied the SW codex yet but if I'm not mistaken, Khorne berserkers also get 4 attacks on the charge (base 2 attks +1 for BP/CCW & +1 for charging) AND they have Furious Charge. So, tactical solution: deny them the charge as much as possible Very Happy

That being said...an Inquisitorial Vendetta w/ 3 TWL psycannons would be AWESOME!!! cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Welcome to the forum Wilmgard. Yes, those are all the type of goodies all of us would like to see. One day in the dim and distant future the GK's will level the playing field without hopefully sacrificing too much of our unique status. I think that it would be very nice gesture for GW to give us Flamestorm Incinerators as an infantry weapon 'cuz we deserve it for waiting so long and so patiently. Very Happy
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Now, if they give us flamestorm incinerators for our purgation squad, I guess I'm going to reduce to a 2 LR list instead! Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:25 pm

I don't know what a flamestorm incinerator is Sad
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:26 pm

It's the one mounted on the GK LRR. STR6 AP3 of holy burning goodness!!!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:27 pm

Oh THAT one...............

Yes, me likey likey.

That better be in our next codex (the LRR) or I'm gonna be very angry with GWS
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilmgard Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:08 pm

I agree with the LRR for the GK. I am wondering if the GK can use Drop Pods. I have read the GK book and they only use thunderhawks from what I have read. Yes DS is nice but what would be better is a thunderhawk. The forge World rules for the GK one says that you can replace all of the heavy bolters with psycannons that are TWL.
cheers

I understand that the GK are not at all like SM, but more power is all nice. Also, the GK are great at close combat, so shouldn't they get Furious charge and or counter-attack??

I like the vendetta idea alot. I was going to take Valkyries and use them as transport for my GK in apocalypse.
I am even working on a super heavy tank for them also.

Over all i still say updated special rules and more choices.
Wilmgard
Wilmgard
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:13 pm

Yea I definately agree on the update with new special rules and more choices.
Infact even if we where given a more updated teleport option but more along the lines of "Thunderhawk Drop Off" where you could be landed with slightly more accuracy, stricter rules of how close to an enemy, but with the ability to shoot and assault that round. Maybe make it cost 1-2 points more per model, or make them not scoring.

I'd definately like some more CC orientated rules too, or at the very least a movement buff, because lets face it, with all the mech lists these days, you generally have to join them to beat them which isn't always fun. Making GK's a bit more mobile without vehicles would be amazing!
Something along the lines of Fleet of Foot, which gives the PAGK furious charge would be really good. Your giving up your storm bolter shots, which do alot of damage, to engage someone faster for a slight CC advantage. Could be quite interesting.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilmgard Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:33 pm

I like the Thunderhawk Drop-off idea alot. Maybe apocalypse datsheet?? Wink

The thing with the stormbolters is that they are AP 5. Sure 2 shots every time but when i play against anything else i can't pen armor as well.
Many have stated that the Stormbolters should be AP 4 at least. Just to be funny but why not make it a Assult 3 weapon Laughing
It would make the AP 5 more reasonable at least in my eyes. Also why not make all Nemesis weapons power weapons?? I think that would be nice but I think it will never happen.
Wilmgard
Wilmgard
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next