Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6500+ army for apocalypse

3 posters

Go down

6500+ army for apocalypse Empty 6500+ army for apocalypse

Post by SaintOfKillers Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:49 pm

I am preparing for an epic awesome apocalypse game in a few weeks and this is the army im planning to use, though we havent decided exacly what size the army will be yet, it will probably be round 10 000-14 000 points (4 players 2v2 game). I will be using some new stuff i have recently purchased. Here is the list:

Grey Knight Apocalypse Army

HQ
Grand Master Holy Relic, Icon Of the just, Sacred Incense 210
5 Terminators + incinerator 245

Br Cpt Stern 141
5 Terminators + incinerator 245

Elite
Br Cpt 61
5 Terminators + psycannon 255

Troops
Justicar
9 Grey Knights + incinerator, psycannon 310

Justicar

Justicar

Justicar

Justicar
9 Grey Knigths + incinerator, psycannon 310

Justicar
9 Grey Kninghts + incinerator, psycannon 310

Heavy Support
Land Raider ext arm storm bolter 265

Pre Heresy Land Raider ext arm 265

Crusader + Multimelta ext arm 280

Therminus Ultra Pattern ext arm 315

Redeemer ext arm storm bolter 295

Dreadnought + lascannon, missle launcher ext arm 155

Dreadnought + lascannon, missle launcher ext arm 155

Dreadnought + psycannon incinerator ext arm 150

Dreadnought + assault cannon ext arm 125

Dreadnought+multimelta incinerator ext arm 150
Dreadnought drop pod teleport homer 60

Purigationsquad
Justicar Targeter
4 Grey Knight + 4 psycannon 271

Justicar Targeter
4 Grey Knight+ 4 psycannon 271

Super heavys:
Warhound Titan Plasma blaster, Turbolaser 750

Total 6534

My ally will probably be playing IG and he usually use a LOT of tanks (for example he got access to 5 baneblade/shadowsword, a lot of different leman russ tanks executioner, vanquisher, demolishers and the normal battle tank along with some bassilisks) but he do lacks guardsmen, think he have round 100 models plus some karskrins. And me being grey knight we do lack some objektive holders/takers.

Our opponents will be Orks and Chaos, and the Ork player have of course a lot of infantry along with some nobs and mega armoured nobs and some other Ork units i cant remember (ca 200 in total). He got some various Ork vehicles, but he also have 2 stompas, dunno exactly witch type they are, one of them is the big mechs and the other is the one with a belly gun.
The Chaos guy has also a huge load of infantry, think he had more than 100 csm and maybe 70 khorne berzherks, not sure about the numbers, havent played his army that much. Also think he got some dread and a land raider. He also have one Stormblade.

So there is no doubt we will have a huge tank advantage, but it will be the opposite of infantry. My plan is to get all my troops out in the start and leave my terminators in reserve along with the one dreadnought in drop pod. Hopefully my grey knights will be able to hold our positions along with the IG guardsmen, maybe i will put some of my grey knights in the redeemer and crusader to push forward and take ground later in the battle when my terminators and dreadnought have created some carnage in their midst. I fear they will use the strategic asset witch make it hard to deepstike closer than 48 from it (cant remember the name of, disrupter beacon?) Otherwise i think we will just try to shoot out as much of their heavy vec at first and then go for the infatry, the stormblade will be prio target one for my warhound. And hopefully my dreadnought with multimelta in dreadnought drop pod will do some real damage to them and turn their attention backward.

I was also thinking of using Hector Rex in the army but i dont have enough models to give him a decent retinue and it seems he must be accompanied by his default henchmen so i cant put him in a terminator or grey knight squad, or can i?
I also have access to another 5 man squad of terminators.

Please feel free to give some feedback on my army and strategy. Should i be more offencive/defenisve, hold back more troops in reserve etc?

Looking forward to be enlightened by your wisdom in the art of war brothers!

Oh and also if you notice anything wrong in the list plz let me know. I dont get to play very often so sometimes i forgot things, like rules and such.

SaintOfKillers
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 40
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

6500+ army for apocalypse Empty Re: 6500+ army for apocalypse

Post by Rivan Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:23 pm

affraid That is a BIG freakin' list!!!!

I really haven't played much apocalypse but your planned strategy seems to be spot on. I guess the only variables are the different strategems that will be used.

Can't wait to hear the batrep! cheers
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:15 am

And you have all this stuff? Shocked Looks good from what I can see though I've never played Apoc before. As Rivan said, you have put some thought into your tactics. I don't envy you though against IG with all those nasty pie plates I'm assuming you're going to be eating.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintOfKillers Sun Oct 25, 2009 10:59 am

Thanks for putting trust in my martial skills brothers!

Seems like we will be playing this game next weekend so i will get a bat rep up with pictures some time next week. But it also seems my ally will be using both his IG and SM not just IG, he said he will use a tank company along with an SM army ( round 66% IG 33% SM) so our modell count will probably be even fewer than i thought from the beggining.. I also spoke to the Chaos guy yesterday and it seems i was wrong about his number, his army is 110 models in total so not that many.

SaintOfKillers
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 40
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down