Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship

+7
Zealadin
Praexes
Nausaden
belissand
NemesisForce
Rivan
Khargor
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: 1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship

Post by Zealadin Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:52 am

1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship - Page 2 Photo053gnr

You need to link the image directly the link you gave is just to a forum page that you have already posted the image on. Can always check by right clicking an image and clicking properties there will be a 'location: <address will be here, link this>'
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship - Page 2 Empty Re: 1750pts Grey Knights at the European 40k Championship

Post by NemesisForce Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:08 am

Ok, could somebody explain to me how the Kroot player did that?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:31 am

Many thanks Zealadin Very Happy

The mission deployment was dawn of war (up to 1x HQ & 2x Troops can deploy). Petr (whitescars player) decided to bring his whole army on at the start of his first turn so didn't deploy anything. As the kroot are infiltrators the french player just deployed them spread out along petrs baseline - and blocked the whole army from coming on! Shocked
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 38
Army : Grey Knights strike force
Registration date : 2008-04-13

http://forum.northernwasters.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:06 pm

About the battle with TAU. The guy with the whitescars didn't have one only vehicle so he could make a tank shock?

Gravity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:14 pm

Did the White Scars player not field Kor' Khan? If you use his Chapter Tactics you gain the ability to Outflank.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:07 pm

There's been a bit of a discussion about it on the 40k forum at warhammer.org and it seems that opinion seems to fall into two groups - those who find it cheesey and those that don't. I don't think it would be a nice trick to play on a friend or at non-competitive games but it was the ETC so anything goes! Laughing

Here's the link if anyones interested in following the debate (I also get a bit of a fanfare on it from a fellow GK player! Embarassed).

If anyone is interested in representing their country at next years ETC, let me know as I can pass on your details on the captains forum. A lot of countries have qualifying competitions/criteria but its definitely worth doing if you get the chance Very Happy
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:35 pm

Yes, you did get quite the accolade there Khargor. Good to see. Personally, I think it was a trashy move on the Tau players part but since it was perfectly legal there's no real arguing it. What really bothers me is his smirky, smiling face. After pulling that kind of move I think I'd be more low-key about it. I just couldn't be proud of doing something like that. And what up about the bs of not allowing certain named characters? You should allow them all or ban them all.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Gravity Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:20 am

Khargor wrote:There's been a bit of a discussion about it on the 40k forum at warhammer.org and it seems that opinion seems to fall into two groups - those who find it cheesey and those that don't. I don't think it would be a nice trick to play on a friend or at non-competitive games but it was the ETC so anything goes! Laughing

Here's the link if anyones interested in following the debate (I also get a bit of a fanfare on it from a fellow GK player! Embarassed).

If anyone is interested in representing their country at next years ETC, let me know as I can pass on your details on the captains forum. A lot of countries have qualifying competitions/criteria but its definitely worth doing if you get the chance Very Happy

Brother Khargor check your pms Razz

Gravity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-08-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:34 am

Brother Khargor check your pms

Done and replied! Very Happy Very Happy
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Khargor Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:39 am

And what up about the bs of not allowing certain named characters? You should allow them all or ban them all.

The special characters were listed on the etc captains forum and the team captains had to vote for those that were fair and allowed to be used, and those that should be banned. To keep it fair I personally voted to ban all of them after being on the receiving end of characters like Kharne, Eldrad etc in games workshop tournaments but the majority of the captains voted for quite a few to be legal for use (though not eldrad, kharne and a few of the other 'uber-nasties!').
Khargor
Khargor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by skinomyteeth Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:49 am

Fantastic battle reports!!! I love the hints at narrative.

As brother Nausaden righteously states, one extra turn and the Grey Knights would be having Tyranid Battlefield BBQ before loading both Deamontainted objectives onto their Thunderhawk.

Great fighting Brother! Lovely to see our side perform.

skinomyteeth
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatus Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:38 pm

very nice Smile, sounds like an awesome atmosphere to play in... I do feel for you with the all biker list played a game against someone in my local store about a week ago who used a similar list bar one thing..... An ironclad in a drop pod... Sad fun times

Avatus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2