Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Army 1750pts

2 posters

Go down

Grey Knight Army 1750pts  Empty Grey Knight Army 1750pts

Post by Embolden40k Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:05 pm

Hey,

So I thought I'd post my list up for some feedback, I've played a couple of games with it so far and I feel quite happy with it, but can anyone think of away of improving it??

Coteaz - 100
Inquisitor - Terminator Armour, Hammer, Psycannon, Psyker, 3 Servo Skulls

10 Terminators - 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo - 470
10 Strikes - 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo - 240
10 Strikes - 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo - 240
Henchman Squad - 8 Acolytes, 1 bolter, 4 Multimelta Servitors - 73

Dreadnought - 2 Autocannons, Psybolt Ammo, Searchlight - 136

Aegis Defence Line - Quad-gun - 100

The basic idea is the Inquisitor joins the Terminators with prescience, they push into the midfield as does the 20 Strikes, Coteaz then joins the Henchman and they man the quad-gun together hopefully catching out anyone thinking they're an easy target for deep strikers, the army is the backed up by the 3 Dreads who we all know are good at what they do.

Things I'm considering are bringing back the Dreadknight which I had inplace of a Dread for a while when I was running Paladins and it did well, but I'd have to drop a Dread and then about 100pts worth of stuff and I'd like to keep the defence line tbh.

Another option would be something like a Storm Raven, maybe dropping 5 Terminators and taking that as a transport for them, then taking a Inquisitor with Rad, Psyk-choke n'ades for an mean assault unit.

At the moment I'm having fun exploring what this list can do.
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Army 1750pts  Empty Re: Grey Knight Army 1750pts

Post by first strike Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:31 pm

Storm ravens do not make good transports, there is a chance that they can be destroyed when flying and then you lose the unit inside, not worth it. The terminators provide better fire support marching up the field.
I do not have my book in me but from memory I think you can only have 3 M.Melta servitors in a squad.
Cannot see a Dreadknight doing much for this army.
I always like to have a warding stalf in my terminators (not on character models he is there to protect the squad from hammers) and a hammer on the srtikes (again not on the character as he can be taken out in a chalange) but you would have to find the points for this.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down