Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list.

5 posters

Go down

1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list. Empty 1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list.

Post by For the Emperor Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:51 pm

I'm going to a tournament 28th june.

I havent had a rules pack yet, so I'll be able to tell more about it tomorrow. I know so far that I can choose any unit to be my scoring unit. Hopefully this list will allow me to see how I fare in preperation for the GrandTournament at the end of this year.

GrandMaster
Incinerator, Hammerhand, Sacred Incense, mastercrafted NFW
6 Grey knight terminators - Incinerator

Fast attack
Grey Knights (Cool frag grenade
2 incinerator

Grey Knights (9)

Land Raider + EA
Land Raider Crusader + smokes

It's a spearhead list, so I'm mostly going to place my objective in my opponents half or enroute of my convoys destination.

I was going to use IST's but I will have to order them tomorrow afternoon and have them half done for sunday.

I am also converting a Thuderhammer/stormsheild Grey Knight Terminator for the retinue.

I'm never sure about the size of GM+retinue and the Troop choices other than GK+LR at the moment.

thanks in advance.

EDIT:

My force organisation is 1 HQ mininum and upto 2 troop, 6 fast/heavy/elite choices.

I have to choose a type of unit to capture i.e. fast attack.

3 missions, capture and control, ahnilation and another with 3 objectives each.

Last edited by for the emperor on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list. Empty Re: 1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list.

Post by evileyevirtue Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am

Argh! A GM with an incinerator?!?! You've just wasted those points to get a better BS to use a weapon where it doesn't matter! I would stick with a SB w/ psycannon bolts or a psycannon. He has that good BS... use it!

Other than that, it doesn't look too bad.

I, myself, usually just pack 4 for the retinue so they can fit in a LR. That and I try to make as many squads as I can from the PAGK's just to split fire and/or give me options to shoot. Unless I want to keep all my guys in LR's.
evileyevirtue
evileyevirtue
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 78
Army : Grey Knights, Salamanders, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list. Empty Re: 1500pts Daemonhunters + Grey Knights tournament list.

Post by For the Emperor Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

Thats true! But an incinerator will do more damage. It hits more and can ignore invulnerable and cover and is cheaper.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by evileyevirtue Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:47 am

Psycannon bolts are cheaper. Still, I'd opt to keep his shooting skill around.
evileyevirtue
evileyevirtue
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 78
Army : Grey Knights, Salamanders, Eldar
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:47 am

It's really just a trade off. If you plan to get your GM in CC as fast as possible (which I think is your intention anyway), then you won't really miss the BS5. A well placed incinerator can toast up to 5 or 6 enemy models befoe CC and can definitely tally more kills than a stormbolter or pyscannon right before assault.

I personally prefer the psycannon but that's because I usually shoot from long range as long as possible. But that's just me Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Jun 26, 2009 5:32 am

Its very situational, realistically you want GKT in combat, thts where they are most effective, for rushing a incinerator wins as the most effective gun hands down if they are being transported in a LR variant.

If your using the GKT as a defensive unit or slogging them its an entirely different matter, you might get several rounds of psycannon shooting particularly if the squad has a few.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:21 pm

It was a good day! I came 2nd, 1 pt away from 1st place out of 8, I got two massarcres but one of my matches was a draw against a deathwing army because the Inquisitor Lord failed to burn and then hold off 5 Deathwing terminators. after shooting 7 flame templates he killed two and his hammerhand failed to hit 4 times on 3's! my GK's inside the LR werent in a good position.

But yeah I have aconspiracy that they didnt want me to win because i was from a different local store.
Anyways I learnt how to own white scars and deny them the iniative and I learnt the sheer power of guard .nd there week bodies,
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:34 pm

Nice result. Not too shabby at all. If you have the time please post some batreps. We don't get near enough of those. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:16 am

NemesisForce wrote:Nice result. Not too shabby at all. If you have the time please post some batreps. We don't get near enough of those. Smile
Sure I'll have a go Smile I was a little disapointed about my Inquisitor and Retinue but then again the emperor knew the Grey Knights + Land Raider did very poorly on there duty.

I should be able to get them done tomorrow night.
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down