Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kill team lists (200pts)

+6
jb317
Aubec le noir
bigbri
Souba
DonFer
Omenos
10 posters

Go down

Kill team lists (200pts) - Page 2 Empty Re: Kill team lists (200pts)

Post by jb317 Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:44 am

I forgot about the special rules you can apply. It's a pity you can only apply any special rule once. Double relentless psycannons would be obscene!

I don't think assault termies would do well at all vs. that much heavy shooting. You're guaranteed at least one round, if not two of shooting. Then they have to wither a round of snap shot fire as they charge which you're looking at (on an average day) at least one 6 for a Rending wound. Then you have 6 Halberd attacks which strike first. I don't like the termies chances.

I'm trying to think of any unit that could seriously threaten a squad of purifiers mounted in a razorback at this points level. There's very little, if anything, that can out-shoot it and having a transport means you can kite assaulty units fairly well.

jb317
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:39 am

purifiers are strong in assault and cc but not so strong in defense (pallies are way stronger in that matter) and fighting is about striking, yes, but it's about surviving to strike back, too !!
anyway you're right about the strategic asset that the rhino could be at 200 points...
i don't know, maybe i a too big fan of the Pallies ! Razz Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:47 am

jb317 wrote: wither a round of snap shot fire as they charge which you're looking at (on an average day) at least one 6 for a Rending wound.

Rending on a snap fire shot makes me laugh. No precision shots but you still manage to find a kink in someones armour to ignore it....
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jb317 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:30 am

The way I see it a stray/hip-fired shot can find a vulnerable point in a target just as well as a placed shot can. I don't think Rending "fluff" revolves around a particularly well-aimed shot - I think it's more that the shot just happened to hit a weak point. But I do understand your point of view. Maybe in the case of Overwatch it would be more fair if you had to roll a seperate D6 for Rending to occur to represent the fact it would be less likely to happen.

I would be quite scared of taking pallies in such a low points game. Losing just one makes a massive difference whilst losing a purifier (one without a psycannon preferably as they should be behind the halberds imo) isn't any where near as damaging. Plus Purifiers are Fearless (are Paladins?) which means at 200 pts you get to really squeeze out every bit of value from them.

It would be interesting to see 200 pts pallies vs purifiers. I think it depends on how quickly the pallies can get into combat. Then again if you still have a hammer purifier up the playing field is leveled a bit.

jb317
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:45 am

purifiers in a razorback will never get into combat with pallies it'll just keep running away, purifiers will always win wont they. Pallies can't take heavy weapons to comfortably crack the razorback....

Also can you compare losing one pally to losing one purifier. One is a single wound, one is 2 wounds. So comparing losing two purifiers to 1 pally, suddenly it's a whole new ball game....
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyroa7xhavik Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:26 pm

I ran a 3 paladin kill team a few weeks ago it was really fun and I ended up winning my buddy did endup killing one of them tho
Pyroa7xhavik
Pyroa7xhavik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 59
Army : Grey Knights , some Nids and SM
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupus_Maximus Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:06 am

I'm joining an escalation league at my local club starting with 200pt Kill Team followed by 400pt Combat Patrol and have been looking at the lists above.

I was under the impression that 2+ armour saves weren't allowed in KT and CP is that right?

Lupus_Maximus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2014-06-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:52 am

Lupus_Maximus wrote:

I was under the impression that 2+ armour saves weren't allowed in KT and CP is that right?

Yeah it often is. And this F***er who run the 500pt tournaments doesn't allow them as if he has a personal grudge against 2+ saves.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down