Truly horrific lists?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Truly horrific lists?

Post by PurityinFlames on Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm

Are there any lists you have considered fielding that have just stopped you dead in your tracks for being too...well, for want of a better word - cheesy?

With the impending tourney here in February, I did consider fielding Draigo, a Purifier, a Vindicare and a Callidus...

I still don't think it would come to 875 points, but it's certainly a horrific thought...

As much as I like winning, I do prefer fielding lists that I consider 'fair' although that's entirely subjective...

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-11-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Truly horrific lists?

Post by bigbri on Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 am

Personally I field lists based on what I want/find fun rather than what people consider broken/fair/cheesey etc. That being said I do sometimes deliberately field cheese lists for various reasons, although my two favourite times were actually with BT and SW rather than GK.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Takei on Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:36 am

Well, the last game I played was a team game with each player fielding 750 points. I brought Draigo and a squad of Paladins with Apothecary and optimised for wound allocation (it was back in 5th). I probably won't play it again as my CSM friend across the table got progressively more and more irritated as they munched through most of the opposing 1500 points, finally taking down a Daemon Prince - all for the loss of 2 Palies. He still talks about the cheesy GK and their excess of special rules but oddly enough not about the fact that I had a deepstrike mishap when they arrived on turn 2 (but luckily went back into reserve, arriving safely on turn 3!)

Takei
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-05-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:29 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top