Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pgk advice (thread correction)

3 posters

Go down

1500 pgk advice (thread correction) Empty 1500 pgk advice (thread correction)

Post by Klauzer Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:19 pm

Greetings Brothers, I have come to this forum seeing as there is much friendly banter and advice to be heard for new players such as myself. I have been doing research on other players, tactics, army builds, etc, and have finally come up with an army list of my own. Players at my local store generally play 1500 point games and I now have the funding to join the fray Very Happy . I seek the knowledge of PGK veterans and comments on how to make this build as versatile as possible. I'm not looking to go just shooty or just assult, but instead want an army that can play reactively. So far, from much reading and planning I have two possible ideas:

Army 1

HQ:
Librarian: 3x psych powers (Might of Titan, Shrouding, Sanctuary), 3x skulls (190 pts)

Troops:
10x GKSS: MC DH, 2x Psycannons, Psybolt ammo, Rhino (295 pts)

Elite:
6x Paladins: MC DH, 2x MC Psycannon, 4x Halberds, 1x Brotherhood Banner (410 pts)

Heavy:
Dreadnought: 2x TLAC, Psybolt ammo (135 pts)

Total: 1460 pts (40 pts for extras)

Tactics:
The GKSS are best for capping objectives and laying down both anti tank and infantry fire. The paladins can deep strike successfully thanks to the skulls and begin to wreak havoc upon the heretics. I've seen squads of five pallies without a banner decimate almost 1000 points of enemy armies and have decided to take a squad myself Twisted Evil The Psyfleman dreads will provide support from range and aid in anti tank fire. I feel this covers close, mid and long range while giving me a lot of options against a range of enemy tactics.

Army 2

HQ:
Librarian: 3x psych powers (Might of Titan, Shrouding, Sanctuary), 3x skulls (190 pts)

Troops:
5x GKSS: MCDH, 1x Psycannon, Razorback--> AC, Psybolt ammo (225 pts)
5x GKSS: MCDH, 1x Psycannon, Razorback--> AC, Psybolt ammo (225 pts)

Elite:
6x Paladins: MC DH, 2x MC Psycannon, 4x Halberds, 1x Brotherhood Banner (410 pts)

Heavy:

Total: 1480 (20 points for extras)

Tactics:
Same idea as army 1, but this lets me spread out more and, when necessary, cap more objectives.

Notes: I understand this game can really come down to the dice, however I'm confident that proper movement and use of cover can counter such irritations. Please let me know what you think, and help me hit the ground running! I look forward to purging the galaxy of heresy and flith!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 pgk advice (thread correction) Empty Re: 1500 pgk advice (thread correction)

Post by Tiger10 Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:18 am

im not a veteran but I\'ve played a few games now and i think it lookes good

i tend to overspend on points for paladins but yours looks fine
one thing that i have done is given the librarian quicksilver (if you have a banner) and arm the paladins with deamon hammers, only five points extra and they can smash through practicaly anything, even fast troops and elites
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 pgk advice (thread correction) Empty Re: 1500 pgk advice (thread correction)

Post by Zealadin Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:27 am

Quicksilver doesn't work with Hammers, hammers always attack at I1.
You can stack HH and MoT though, for normal S6 halberds, at I6, or MoT, QS, Falchs, Banner, and HH, for S6 4 attacks base, 5 on charge, I10.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down