Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

+2
shadow
Kaduku
6 posters

Go down

1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated Empty 1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by Kaduku Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:29 pm

Thanks for all the help so far but now I took a stab at making a 1500pt list

HQ

Mordrak
-4 Ghost knights with Halberds
TOTAL: 360

Librarian
-Telehomer
-Mastercrafted Nemesis Sword
--Might of the titan
--Quicksliver
--Sanctuary
--The Shrouding
-- x1 Servoskull
TOTAL: 195

TROOPS

10 Terminators
-2 Psycannons
-Justicar: MC Hammer (lol)
-4 ND Hammers
-5 NF Hammers
-Banner
TOTAL: 480

5 Terminators
-Justicar: MC Halberd
-Falchions
-Psycannon
-2 Halberds
Total: 230

HEAVY
Dreadknight
-Teleporter
-Incinerator (because its cool)
TOTAL: 235

GRAND TOTAL: 1500

I just started playing but please tell me if this is a sound strategy.
DS with Mordrak & Librarian attatched (Cast Shrouding if able)
Be able to DS the termies to Librarian's area or servoskull
Have the DK make a mess of things.

I'm going to usually play against my buddy's 1500 Mobile Tau or a space marine army. If anything I can add 2 more servoskulls, psybolt ammor for the 10 man termies, and remove the dreadknight for a storm raven

Thanks to Devon_Boy for inspiring this list.

Also I was thinking of making a Draigo army because of the Paladins as a troop choice look nice but don't know where to start.

Keep in mind that I'm a beginner so if you think a Draigo list is better please give me a cookie cutter list, I'm sticking with the termie theme because I already have 15 models. I've been proxy'ing for what I don't have.

Thanks!

Kaduku
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-10-18

Back to top Go down

1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated Empty Re: 1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by shadow Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:10 am

Hi,

I'm gonna assume ur gonna put the Libby with Mordrak however, the ghost knights already have stealth so not sure if shrouding will stack onto that.

If you want a draigo wing, you'll need something like this:

Draigo
10x Paladins ( banner, 4x psycannons and then a mixture of gear to wound allocate )
3x Psy Dreads

I will say though, I think that Tau is a bad match up for us as they can bring a lot of S8+ shots which double out paladins and railguns. It's odd that 1 of the most powerful codexes in 40K can fear 1 of the worst.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated Empty Re: 1500 lists: Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Post by Requiem Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:31 am

yup paladins against a tau? would advise against it considering the sheer amount of str 8+ weapons

i like the terminator list, but imho you're forgetting one thing. He has a mobile tau army, and you have no transport whatsoever... so once you deepstrike, he blasts away (ok some shrouding would help) and then gets the hell out of your range! he can simply outrun you and blast away for large portions of the game! Agreed: you have a dreadknight with teleporter, but he can only use that once. So you'd have to be really strategic to limit his options in running away from you! tau really are a bad match for grey knights
Requiem
Requiem
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 196
Army : Grey Knights and Daemons
Registration date : 2011-07-27

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:00 am

Why try to outshoot Tau and IG like you would most other armies. You might have more luck having a more mobile army with a few personal teleporter units and using them to assault rather than to supress with bolter fire. For me an Interceptor squad is essential in any build.

You could take 2x5 Terminator squads and with a few less MC weapons get an interceptor squad. I know you already have the models but 5 more terms wont give you anything more than the other 15 (terms + ghosts)

10 Interceptors would:
- make you more of a threat in objective games - even though your sacrificing a troops choice for them
- allow you to drop Mordrak and friends/NDK/Interceptors all on the enemies lap T1 which at 1500 would be more than a distraction for anyone

I would also suggest footslogging the terms rather than leaving anything to chance with the reserve rolls (you will get more psycannon shots per game) This means no need for a tele homer or skull.

Jump troops = winning
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sneakybert Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:35 am

Correct me if im wrong but i think your unit of 5 terminators costs 235 points.
(MC, Falchions, Psycannon)
sneakybert
sneakybert
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 28
Army : Grey knights. A few Orks.
Registration date : 2011-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:13 pm

I like the interceptor idea, but if you are playing against a mobile tau army, you should probably try a couple of proxy psyflemen dreads. They would be objective holding vehicles and drop enemy transports without having to move from the objective, so that would force your oponent to fight on Mordak's terms(no pun intended.) They would also agument your flying dreadknight and when your opponent is out of vehicles they still have enough shots to make a dent in infantry formations. Try with proxies first before you spend the $100.00 or so dollars on the walkers though to see if you like them.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down