Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000pts army of double cleansing power

+2
NemesisForce
shadow
6 posters

Go down

2000pts army of double cleansing power  Empty 2000pts army of double cleansing power

Post by shadow Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:41 pm

Hi guys, this is what I'm thinking at 2000pts:

HQ: 360

GM - 180
- Halberd (5)

GM - 180
- Halberd (5)

Elite: 750

10x Purifier - 374
- Razorback (45), twin-linked assault cannon (35), Psybolt Ammunition (5), 2x Halberd (4), 4x psycannon (40), 1x Daemon Hammer (5)

10x Purifier - 376
- Razorback (45), twin-linked assault cannon (35), Psybolt Ammunition (5), 3x Halberd (6), 4x psycannon (40), 1x Daemon Hammer (5)

Troops: 500

5x Terminators - 250
- 1x Daemon hammer, 2x Halberd, 1x Psycannon (25), Brotherhood Banner (25)

5x Terminators - 250
- 1x Daemon hammer, 2x Halberd, 1x Psycannon (25), Brotherhood Banner (25)

Heavy: 390

Dreadknight - 195
- Heavy Psycannon (40), Great Sword (25)

Dreadknight - 195
- Heavy Psycannon (40), Great Sword (25)

Total = 2000

Basically, the 2 GM's make either pretty much everything scoring of scouting or a mixture of both. The original idea was to make the 2 units of Purifiers Scouting (before the game starts)and then divide them into 6-4 (psycannons) put the 4 guns somewhere static up the field for 32 S7 shots goodness/turn + the 8 from the Razorbacks. Make the Dreadknights scoring if need be to hold own objectives or blast away. The Terminator have a GM each and walk up the field, depending on the scenario these could be scouting instead of making the dreadknights scoring and pump out an extra 8 S7 shots whilst moving up the field.
So that's 48 S7 shots + the 2x S7 large blast template from the dreadknights cheers .

What do you guys think?

Last edited by shadow on Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

2000pts army of double cleansing power  Empty Re: 2000pts army of double cleansing power

Post by NemesisForce Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:59 pm

I like it. Those are a helluva lot of psycannon shots you're going to put out so don't expect to win any popularity contests anytime soon. Smile I was a little dubious on 2 GM's but realize you're gonna need them for 'scouting' to get your guys quickly in range to off-set the low model count. Man, it's so weird seeing these crazy builds now for GK.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

2000pts army of double cleansing power  Empty Re: 2000pts army of double cleansing power

Post by shadow Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:10 pm

Could change it, could replace the dreadknights to psyflemen dreadnoughts and then have more room for extra equipment for the GM. More shots then Wink
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:50 pm

The psyflemen dreads can definitely work although the NDK's are probably more resilient. But the extra gear like rad grenades on the GM's can definitely tool them up if some nasty CC unit makes its way to you Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:48 am

Are you allowed to buy a razor back for ten marines I thought they could only fit 6?
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:14 am

@ Rivan, I see what you mean, I just don't know where to trim the points, could change the swords on the NDK but don't think the hammers are worth it. The only other way is to loose the brotherhood banners but I like the idea of +1 A for unit and auto hammerhand for unit.

@Madbakery, you are correct only 6 marines can embark on a razorback, that why I'm planning on splitting the squads into 6-4.

On another note, the terminators have Hammerhand and will give +1 S to Independent Characters but the GM has it also has Hammerhand so does that give a auto +2 S to the unit?
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:30 am

You can't split squads into 6-4, combat squadding splits the squad straight down the middle 5-5, non negotiable.
You can just choose which models go where.
Unlike the DE codex you can buy a vehicle for a squad larger than would fit inside.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by shadow Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:42 am

@Zealadin, thanks brother, didn't know that, I guess they will have to be 5-5
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:17 am

Its still good, and means if you add a special character of some type your ok. Although most stuff in our codex is in terminator armour :p
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:34 am

So far, people weren't able to find anything supporting the stacking of 2 Hammerhands. We know that Hammerhand can stack w/ Might of Titan but it doesn't say one way or the other if Hammerhand can stack.

Also, the Brotherhood Banner only makes the force activation of their force weapons (basically the force-kill ID) automatic. It doesn't make their normal psychic powers automatic. Still, I love them as well! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:36 am

Only IC's that you can take with them would be either an Inquisitor or the awesome Brotherhood Champion.

I would have to say that hammerhand doesn't stack with others for now until it's been FAQed. Though what I would do is use Hammerhand from the GM to boost the squad and then use the squads Force Weapons to finish off anything.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down