Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts

5 posters

Go down

Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts Empty Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:44 am

Hello all I've been working on a Blood Angel army for about a month now, almost done too. I decided on an elitist army since it offers so much more punch for the point cost and sanguinary guard have a LOT of punch!

HQ
Commander Dante
225pts

Troops
Sunguinary Guard
Death Masks
Infernus Pistol
Chapter Banner
265pts

Sunguinary Guard
Death Masks
Infernus Pistol
235pts

Sunguinary Guard
Death Masks
Infernus Pistol
235pts

Sunguinary Guard
Death Masks
Infernus Pistol
235pts

Death Company x 9
Jetpacks x 9
Flame Pistol
Thunder Hammer
Chaplain Lemartes
505pts

Fast Atack
Landspeeder Tornado
Multi-Melta
Assault Cannon
100pts

Landspeeder Tornado
Multi-Melta
Assault Cannon
100pts

Landspeeder Tornado
Multi-Melta
Assault Cannon
100pts

total: 2000 points

I decided on 3 independant landspeeders to give a more flexible anti-infantry/armor force and a ten man death company for both a diversion and mob tie-up for anything my guard can't or shouldn't deal with.

Any thoughts?
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts Empty Re: Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:18 am

Are you sure that you want to use Death Company?I mean theyr Frenzied which could be fatal for them or worse,make them useless.Other than that are you sure you should field as much infatry?Or for that matter all Sangunairy Guard?I mean I have never played against them or with BA and don't have the codex,but relying on a single unit as the basis for the whole army kinda makes me wander is the unit really that powerful and if it is and is a troops choice I call Bullshit on the Codex makers.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts Empty Re: Andarius's Blood Angels army attempt 2000pts

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:42 pm

Battles are won with troops not artillery, and besides they are quite impressive in terms of combat prowess. master-crafted power weapons, artificer armor, jet packs, AP 4 storm bolters and death masks (failed leadership test results in enemy being WS 1) make them hard to ignore or forget.

besides that the death company as stated above is meant to be a distraction/crowd control.

If my opponent has something that was meant to fight hand-to-hand and do it well, than my death company will be their first test on the field.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm

Yeah I totally calling bullsh*t right here on that Sanguinary Guard.I need to start building a NO BA BULLSH*T sign in the front of the rented hall we use for most of our games.

Last edited by Snowfire on Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Profanity)
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:08 pm

I'm sure the army will look cool but personally I don't like the use of special characters. That and I have a personal vendetta against blood angels.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:31 pm

Primarily yes my decision was based on appearance, the intimidation factor alone would garner some points towards victory.

As for special characters I like them! Adds flavour to an army and lets you take different approaches to fighting. Its one of the reasons I always use Stern in my Grey Knights, he's an under-dog some tend to leave at home but he always grants me a win on the table.

However I wont be able to know for sure until I test my army on an opponent...

Dante is a juggernaut on the table!!! Master-crafted power weapon, infernus pistol, jet pack, artificier armor, iron halo and death mask (descibed earlier) coupled with his stats make him scary to face.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:18 pm

Just saw this and noticed you went for jetpacks on your DC, extremely pricey!

I've seen alot of people add a model with liturgies of blood and give the squad 2-3 power weapons (rest bolters), which means while they still have to follow the rage rules they can move and shoot the bolters either 24 or twice at 12, they get rerolls to hit and wound on the charge, and they can pretty much wipe out a normal MEQ squad on the charge just with those few power weapons.
I've also been considering adding 2 plasma pistols to a DC squad, so if anyone foolishly tries to kite them with a vehicle gets too close they can wipe it out.

But it looks like your going for the full jetpack approach which to me is awesomely cool.

Honestly all the QQ about named characters and BA is getting tiring. I don't think anyone in this forum likes hearing noobs crying about our GM force weapon instant killing even eternal warriors...
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:14 pm

I thought that jetpacks would certainly make them more aggressive in battle, a fearless 'feel no pain' 4 attack beast would be more deadly if it had double the movement speed, besides Lemartes makes them even more terrifying by making their charge a re-roll in hitting and wounding/penetrating as well!

As for those that complain about characters and new armies I look at them with some disdain; I've seen new players use characters poorly or worse completely outside of their combat role. Leaving them to just stand there and wonder how they lost when they had a 250 point HQ character on the field.

I remembered when the Tau first came out and the first players chose options that were the coolest looking but didn't put any thought in their use; Kroot were deployed out in the open, crisis suits were set up with every weapon choice but no specific role to carry out, upgrades were bought simply as point filler rather than any practical use. You've got to know what your doing and how to do it, otherwise what was the point? The complaints after the fight just try my patience.

If you want real advice on how to deal with new armies or characters just follow this motto:

"When you see a hill that looks too high to climb don't cry at the bottom of it, just climb the damn thing!... The view is lovely up here."
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:42 am

I think your force looks great.
I was considering a pure Sanguinary guard force for a while (Which would require Dante, a "character" Shocked )

I think that no matter what list you propose somebody will have something negative to say about it or point out some devastating flaws in your logic.

The point is that you have obviously put a lot of thought into this build...of course there are weaknesses, but there are also strengths, just as there are in ANY force, we as Grey Knight players should be MORE than aware of that!

I think that with the SG, Dante, JP DC, and your anti tank LS your force will be quick, manouverable, and very nasty to defend against because of all of the targets to choose from.

Let us now how it plays! AND give us some pics Very Happy

One question..............Are you going to paint everything besides the Death Company gold? sunny

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:40 am

Its not the individual characters I'm conserned about since,they don't win you battle,no matter how good they might be.But the units that seem to be better at everything than normal,like the Sanguinary Guard,seem like a hell of a deadly unit on its own,then if there is an army of them...urgh
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:51 am

Brother Ezekiel wrote:Its not the individual characters I'm conserned about since,they don't win you battle,no matter how good they might be.But the units that seem to be better at everything than normal,like the Sanguinary Guard,seem like a hell of a deadly unit on its own,then if there is an army of them...urgh

I understand where you are comming from, but they are not THAT tough.
They don't have invulneralbe saves, and they only hang around in fives.

They CAN be killed, and using them effectively takes skill, so if it's a new player fielding them....... Sad bye bye shinny marines.

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:38 pm

To answer yor question Constantine yes, everything except the death company will be gold. I've even bought an extra box set of the SG for the land speeders for customization.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:16 pm

Andarius the Red wrote:To answer yor question Constantine yes, everything except the death company will be gold. I've even bought an extra box set of the SG for the land speeders for customization.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!
It is now manditory that you post tonnes of pictures!!!!!!!!!

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:22 am

How is this project comming along Brother Andrius?
I think we are due for an update Very Happy

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:06 am

Yea I would love to see an update too!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 pm

Boy did that take FOREVER to do...

sorry I haven't updated in a while had personal stuff that took priority. But I can say now that I've completed my army, its just a matter of sending pictures and play testing it.

Should have that done by the end of the week.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:34 am

Can't wait to see the pics!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:33 am

I tested my army against Space Wolves yesterday...I lost

I have found that a slight change might be in order but the results were interesting to say the least, so what I had in mind was to replace the assault cannons on the speeders with typhoon missile launchers to give more range and anti infantry/tank firepower.

pictures will be a coming don't you worry!
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:07 am

Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down