Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

YOUR VICTORIES AND LOSSES

+6
NemesisForce
Amareo Davion
Zealadin
Brother Ezekiel
For the Emperor
Inquisitor Lord
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

YOUR VICTORIES AND LOSSES - Page 2 Empty Re: YOUR VICTORIES AND LOSSES

Post by Ecideus Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:02 am

One of my favourite games was against the good ole ultramarines, and ma boss and me ladz were lookin for a scrap. They sat at da back whilst ma Kopterz and Trukk and Wagon rumbled on. BOOM goes Trukk, BOOM goes Wagon, but here come the infantry. The Kopterz got tank shocked by a Rhino, blew it up but survived, and the Boss proceeded to scythe through the disembarked Tactical Squad. Sloshing through the blood and corpses, bellowing his triumph, for at this point all but the Devastators and Scouts were dead, and of course, whilst he's gloating, rocket lands on his Meganob mate, blows him to the four winds, and he gets his head blown off be a measly Scout!!! Still, once da boyz closed in it was all over for the poor spaceys, who were consequently wiped out in the next turn. Hurrah, ork! WAAAAAAGH! Twisted Evil
Ecideus
Ecideus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Army : Orks, but have repented for my sins and have joined the Grey Knights!!!
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecideus Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:07 am

Brother Davin, the Tyranid you were talking about with the big head is probably a Zoanthrope, a tip is to kill thos beasts quick, the scum will burn your MIND!!! But they can be killed, as can all things, so do it quick!!! Smile
Ecideus
Ecideus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecideus Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:09 am

*Davion, my apologies for the earlier spelling error Rolling Eyes silly me
Ecideus
Ecideus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatus Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:52 pm

Hey guys, first post on the forums so i thought id make it a battle report of a game i played today.

The game was a 1500pt battle annialation game with the 'norm' 12" deployment. The game was between Imperial Guard vs Gray Knights

unfortunatly i didnt really pay as close attention to my opponents list so cant really post it.

My list:

GM ( master crafted + icon ) + 5 termie ret.
three squads of seven gray knights (thats including the Justicar in each squad) also two of these squads had a psycannon and the thrid with no psycannon was deep striking
Land Raider Crusader
Dreadnought ( TLLC + ML )

1st turn ( Guardsmen )
a rather uneventful turn, his Russ attempted to open fire with its battle cannon on a squad of gray knights however, shrouding paid off as he really fluffed his roll, with a roll of a 1, 1, 3. only one guardsmen squad was in range inflicting 2 wounds, which were both saved.

1st turn ( Gray Knights )
The Land Raider ( with the GM + ret inside ) pressed forward into the open towards four guard squads following behind was a squad of gray knights and the other squad diverted around a building hoping to catch the guardsmen unaware, the Dread sat tight and took a pot shot at the Russ failing to hit with the ML and failing to do any damage with the TLLC, the gray knight squads opened up with their storm bolters killing one squad of ten guardsmen.

2nd turn ( Guardsmen )
With the Land Raider getting quite close to the guard line, he decided to turn his las heavy wep team to try and do some damage to the Raider out of the few he had 2 failed to hit and the thrid failed to cause any damage what so ever, the guardsmen all squads opened fire onto a single squad of Gray Knights hoping to kill several if not all of them however, luck was on my side and out of all the guardsmen 40 lasgun shots only 7 hit and from those 7 only 2 wounded which were both saved by rolling two 3's ( phew lol ). His sniper tried to kill one Grak Knight but failed to hit, the Russ also attemtped to hurt the Raider and managed to get a weapon destroyed, he took the melta Sad.

2nd turn ( Gray Knights )
Happy that none of my guys had died to lasgun fire the GK squad arrived on the roll of a 5 and i attempted to arrive near his heavy weapon teams, however i scattered 7 inches and ended up 3 inches away from the heavy weapons teams and also his command squad which was in a building near by. The Raider once again moved up ( now very close to the guard line ) again followed by a gray knight squad and the other squad came fully into view from the other side of the building forming a kind of V shape with the Raider at the apex. Shooting was eventful for me this turn, my Dread managed to wreck his russ with a good shot from the TLLC the deep strikers killed off all the heavy weapons teams with a hail of stormbolter fire, the two squads behind the Raider managed to kill another 7 guardsmen.

3rd turn ( Guardsmen )
again some very unlucky shooting from the guardsmen a melta failing to do anything against the Raider and again failing to cause any casualties to the Gray Knights... Gray knights nave taken none so far ( The Emperor Protects )

3rd turn ( Gray Knights )
The GM + Ret got out of the Raider and made ready for the assault the two GK squads advanced toward the guard lines and the deep strikers moved into the building the command squad was sitting in, assault the GM + Ret moved to assault commissar yarrick and the 8 stormstoopers he was with, my GM killed commissar yarrick and his ret. killed all of his stormtroopers and moved on towards the next guard squad that was near by, the deep strikers failed to get into the assault with the command squad just coming up short of their goal.

4th turn (guardsmen)
not a huge amount of movement again from the guard (none at all really lol) in his shooting phase he turned all guns in range against the GM + ret, the guard managed to inflict 12 wounds plus 1 that needed to be an inv. save from a plasma gun two termies were felled Mad and his command squad killed a single GK with a laspistol...

4th turn (Gray Knights)
unhappy that two termies were felled from the guardsmen shooting i moved all squads in range towards the remaining guardsmen, the GM + his now 3 termies and the two squads of GK's opened fire killing a whole squad and then 6 from another... (not a really good round of shooting from these guys buy hey...) the deep strikers shot at the command squad killing 3 guys and doing a wound on the commander, the GM + ret and the two GK squads all charged different guard squads, the GK's proved too much for the guardsmen and were all butchered all three then moved 3" each towards the last guard squad in a bastion the command squad didnt fair much better than the rest of the guardsmen, all but the commander were killed during the attack who was now on a single would

5th turn (Guardsmen)
My opponent knew that victory or even a draw were a massive distance away, still wanted to fight on (hes a friend of mine and were both the same and will fight till the last guy has been slain) he shot at a GK squad with his guard in the bastion and killed another Gray Knight his commander was killed by the Gray Knight Justicar and decided to sit tight in the building.

5th turn (Gray Knights)
The last turn everything fired at the last squad sitting in that bastion my friend gave the order to go to ground but even that was not enough to stop all the 8 guardsmen from being slain.

overall result - winner Gray Knights 10 kill points to 0

any comments would be much appreciated.

Avatus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Impressive intro to the forum there Avatus. Congrats on the crushing victory. Always nice when our archaic dex owns one of the newer ones. I noticed you never mentioned Chimeras at all and melta guns only a few times. Kudos to the IG player for not going that cheesy route.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Avatus Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:36 pm

yea, he never brings alot of mech to the boards only in a few games hes used any Chimeras at all, thats just how he plays i guess Smile, and thank you

Avatus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-15

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:05 am

Nice batrep and congrats on the win! Welcome to the forums btw Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:16 am

this WE i played a game of 1500+ points ( about 1570) against a Tau army of a friend of mine.
it was KP and range battle (?) = bataille rangée
my list : i wanted to try Mordrak and an alpha assault list, but i missed SR ( they aren't mounted yet ! Embarassed Embarassed ) and wanted to try a Psyfledread for the first time.

HQ : Mordrak + 5 GhostGKT + Libbie (MCstave, summoning, MoT, Warp rift, Veil
TR : 2x 10 GKSS : 2 psycannons each + all halberds + 1 hammer each
FA : 1x 5 GKIS : 2 incinerators
HS : GHLR + warp stabilisator + MM + light + EA
HS : Psyfledread + warp stabilisator + psyammo + 2 TLAC

His list as i remember it (note the fact that i don't know well the Tau Codex)

HQ : Command unit of crisis armour with an IC (shield, +1WS, and all the cool stuff) + 2 crisis w/ TLTau plasma and Missiles
TR : 1x 6 fire warriors (including a sargent with the "aimer" HW => +1WS, knife) in a devilfish with 2 attack drones + all the tech (+1WS...)
TR 1x 10 fire warriors (sargent with "aimer", knife), half impulsion rifles + half carabins
EL : 1x 8 targeters(?) aimers(?) = cibleurs with half railrifles + half impulsion carabins in a full-option devilfish
EL : 1x6 stealth with the impulsion cannons and the sargent with the melta.
HS : 3 braodsides with TLRailGuns.

I win the Toss and he couldn't size initiative, so i let him begin.
I made with GS 3 (lucky roll) of my troops scout : The dread, the GKIS and one of my GKSS : the dread and one of the GKSS on the table with the extra move the GKIS in reserve.

I won't make a per turn bat rep, but give you the highlights.

pre-battle thoughts : i have the advantage of the scenario : annihilation is easier for me because he had more KP (including "easy" KP), but i will be wary of the broadsides and the stealth, that hurted me big time before. my deployment depending of his.

deployements :
he began and let his HQ, "aimers" in dev and the fire warriors on dev in reserve.
He choose his side, with 1 ruin on his left side, one rocky building on the center and one forest one his right side.
He put his Broadsides beneath the forest, the fire warriors on the rocky building in a shooting line the stealth in the center of the table in 18" of my troops.

I put the LR with one GKSS unit in it (one of my errors), in my right side beneath a rocky Hill, i had a forest in the center of my zone and a big bunker in my left (with the entry on its back) i put the dread beneath the right side of the bunker while the GKSS were on the left side.
I used the extra move of the GKSS to partly climb cluster of the bunker and move my dread to hide him (i tried to bluff my opponent in letting the dread visible in my first deployment).

the highlights :
His first turn first shooting phase, first shoot of his first Broadside => result : explosion of my dread, despite, a 3+ cover and so on ... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
he shoots the other broadsides on the LR but did nothing (i get lucky there Wink )
it's not beginning very well ! Razz
but i let few targets so when i enter Mordrak and Libbie i entered them on his back... i knew that wasn't a very clever move because they will support at least 1 or 2 shooting phases alone. But that was a gambit. That gambit prove to be successful : never underestimate the resilience of GKTs with 2 ICs.
I shoot at the stealth to let them with the sarge and one guy (but they pass their moral roll Neutral )
i move my LR knowing that putting the GKSS was a big mistake because the LR was very far from action and i knew that this unit won't do a lot for the win.
what i knew too, just after putting my libbie and ghosts on the back of the Tau, very near of them, is that i was too close to summon the LR ... i need to better use DP and summoning so i have to try this list again. On the center of the table would have been more clever.

after on the second turn, he entered the dev with warriors, near his broadsides with a Hit, near the forest, he shoots nearly everything on Mordrak and co except one Broadside that immobilized my LR ... far far away (i knew i made a mistake !! Razz Razz )
the guy and his fellow GKs stayed proud, i loose 1PV on mordrak, 1 on the libbie and one GK that came back with a good roll. I think my pal played his Tau too static and too defensively at this point.
I entered my reserve GKIS with a lot of prudence but not very cleverly, on the center of the table near the remaining stealth, and shoot those guys without doing nothing.
i moved my libbie next to his big fire warriors unit and nearly blew it with warp rift. But they stayed Evil or Very Mad (well 4 of them anyway)
I shoot with mordrak the stealth and didn't have to charge them to destroy them.
My GKSS on the bunker shoot its Psycannons on one broadside destroying its 2 protection drones.

He entered his HQ next to his broadsides, were the stealth was. Then he made a big mistake imho, his separed his drones from his vehicles and he told me that they were now. independant unit (aka easy KP)
He shooted mrodrak with all he had again : i loose 2 GKT , 1PV on mordrak, then 1 GKT get back ! Twisted Evil
I shoot and charged 1 broadside with mordrack destroying it.
I warprifted the remaining fire warriors to ashes, an destroyed the one 2 drones unit with my bunker GKSS, the other GKSS wandering and trying to get some action.... Rolling Eyes
My GKIS used their shunt to move beneath the other fire warriors burning them and another drone unit to ashes.
the third turn saw him doing quasi no harm to me, during that time i destroyed 1 dev, and lasercannoned his defense HQ drones then i destroyed his Heroe with a warp rift shoot
That's were my friend surrender. it was something like 7-1 KP.

post battle thoughts : i made mistakes but he made biggest, i'm not very lucky with my dreads ...
I love warprift and psycannon.
And i'm impressed by the resilence of Mordrak and his ghosts.
I played not so well my GKSS with the LR Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com