Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on

5 posters

Go down

Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on Empty Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on

Post by Spartan Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:36 am

Ok so met up with my brother who lives in Ireland, he plays white scars any way he beat me 3 games to zero but hey we had a laugh but I had a look through the new SM codex and came up with what I think is a good list, see below and comment:

Vulkan He'Stan
10 man Tactical squad with Multi melta and flamer
Drop Pod
5 man Scout Squad all with snipers and camo cloaks
Land Speeder Storm
Land Raider

Two 7 man Grey Knight Squads
Grey Knight Grand Master
3 Terminator retinue with Thunder hammer and storm shields

Total 1483
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on Empty Re: Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on

Post by Klomster Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:09 am

The thunder hammer storm shield will still be gk ones.

Otherwise i dunno, i suck at army lists.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on Empty Re: Space Marines as Parent List and GK tagged on

Post by For the Emperor Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:31 pm

Spartan wrote:Ok so met up with my brother who lives in Ireland, he plays white scars any way he beat me 3 games to zero but hey we had a laugh but I had a look through the new SM codex and came up with what I think is a good list, see below and comment:

Vulkan He'Stan
10 man Tactical squad with Multi melta and flamer
Drop Pod
5 man Scout Squad all with snipers and camo cloaks
Land Speeder Storm
Land Raider

Two 7 man Grey Knight Squads
Grey Knight Grand Master
3 Terminator retinue with Thunder hammer and storm shields

Total 1483

Traitor! Razz You went for the Hero with +2 strength noooo.
Also your terminators would need the Stormshield rules from SM codex to be worth them all having them.
It looks alright, try it out!
Personally IMO the Scout suck, I hate BS3 models sorry.
Also give your GM a Hammerhand pyschic Power to deal with pesky dreadnoughts.
Does your irish friend by any chance play dwarves too? Razz
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:50 pm

Are scouts Bs 3?
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:37 am

I have to admit it was more the 3+ invulnerable save that drew me to him but also the fact that he grants all thundehammers in the army mastercrafted and all flamers heavy flamers meltguns and multimeltas as twinlinked.

Yes Scouts BS3 and WS3
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:37 am

Not Space Wolf Scouts, they are still awesome BS4 scouts, but you can only get 6 of them in a squad (7 with a Wolf Guard Pack Leader, but he's in Power Armour/Terminator Armour).

They're BS4 because the Space Wolves give the lastest recruits Power Armour and call them Blood Claws, the scouts are experianced Wolves who don't have the pack mentality that most of them do, or most of their packs have been destroyed. Another thing about the Wolves, Packs(squads) never get re-enforcements they stay with the same members untill they all get killed, unlike other space marine squads, who can take on new recruits. How would you feel if your wolf- brother whom you've known scince before you were even a Blood Claw was killed and replaced by someone you don't even know. He might accidently get pushed under a passing Land Raider.

That means that if most of the pack is killed, the remanining members can go into the Wolf Guard if they are good enough, and lead new packs, or protect the Wolf Lord. That or they can go into the scout comany if they are feeling particulary emo about it!!!

That was a long post just to boast about Wolf Scouts (whom we know know to be Emos, lol.)
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:32 am

Spartan wrote:I have to admit it was more the 3+ invulnerable save that drew me to him but also the fact that he grants all thundehammers in the army mastercrafted and all flamers heavy flamers meltguns and multimeltas as twinlinked.

Yes Scouts BS3 and WS3
I don´t want to disappoint you but your GK will not profit from He´Stan´s special rule. Chapter Tactics only replaces Combat Tactics. Models with Combat Tactics will lose them and instead all TH are MC and all Flamer weapons and Melta weapons are twin-linked. This also mean that SM vehicles with such weapons are also not twin-linked.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down