Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Horus Heresy!!! NO SPOILERS PLEASE

+23
DarkRonin
Valten
Hawkwood
GMKDynamis
Thorinwhitewolf
rogueuk
Aurelius
Brother Ezekiel
Immortal1
Nausaden
Ecideus
ferrochrome669
Snowfire
Captain Tarvitz
Praexes
Brother_Dherid
Spartan
Klomster
Brother-Captain Validi
McScooby
The Legionnaire
Dark Bjoern
Constantine
27 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The Horus Heresy!!!  NO SPOILERS PLEASE - Page 4 Empty Re: The Horus Heresy!!! NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Post by Nausaden Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:00 am

Congratulations my good Brother Snowfire! I have read the first 3, and it is a very interesting story with plenty of twists to keep you hooked. I hope you also got Tales of Heresy, it's got the Emperor himself in a chapter by Grahm Neil I think. Good stuff.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

The Horus Heresy!!!  NO SPOILERS PLEASE - Page 4 Empty Re: The Horus Heresy!!! NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Post by Snowfire Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:57 am

I didn't order that one on the basis of it would be too tempting to read it first and potentially spoil my reading later. I'll look at getting it as I get near the 8-10th books (its only about a weeks worth of reading once they all arrive)
Snowfire
Snowfire
Archivist
Archivist

Number of posts : 530
Army : Tayledras 13th Imperial Guard (Armoured, Mechanised and Airborne)
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

The Horus Heresy!!!  NO SPOILERS PLEASE - Page 4 Empty The books are outstanding

Post by Immortal1 Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:15 pm

Fulgrim was one of my favorites. It really showed the demise of the Emperor's Children. I cant wait to read the rest of the series.

Immortal1
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:58 pm

I finished Fallen Angel yesterday. It was a good.read. Much better then Decend of Angels. But my opinion about the. DA had not changed, heretics all alike.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:11 pm

I'd say if you want heretiv loyalists then why not look into Raven Guard,Corax knowingly created and used mutants,one of the very things the Emperor abhorred as a stain on humanity.Or why not Space Wolves,theyr unruly behavior should be more than enough to brand them as traitors.And tho half of the Dark Angels turned to Chaos,the loyalists still actively hunt them with vigor and zeal unlike any other.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:32 pm

LA LA LA! I'm not listening! LOL Razz
Still trying to convince us to come over to the dark side eh Ezekiel?

Just so you know Ezekiel...the Blood Ravens did the same thing! Shocked In the end of teh last novel I read about them, their CM saw a newly "born" marine with tenticles instead of hands, and he just told him to put his gloves on!!! BAD CM!!!

I almost found Fulgrum's fate to be sad. He ended up realizing that he loved his brother that he just killed AND was trapped in the back of his own mind (probably for eternity)completely powerless to do anything about it Sad Porr, poor, pretty Primarch Razz

BC
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:37 am

Fulgrim should have been blond
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurelius Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:50 am

Blonde Fulgrim? So many bad blonde jokes coming up in my head x.x

Eidolon: Why is the Phoenician staring at that canister of promethium?
Random captain: It said "concentrate" on the front label.

Blonde jokes aside, Tales of Heresy was an awesome read. I especially loved the last story of Angron meeting his legion for the first time. Poor Kharn! Laughing

Aurelius
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:40 am

i love horus heresy and yes the angron tale was good kills alot of his men then asks why they arent fighting back
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:11 pm

Three weeks ago i finished Fallen Angel. Now Descent of Angels makes sense. The battles had been an enyojable read. And it shows how corrupted the DA really are.
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:15 am

CORRUPTION?? THATS EXTRA HERETICAL!!! Razz

But they do have cool cloaks...
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorinwhitewolf Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:34 am

Brother Ezekiel wrote:I'd say if you want heretiv loyalists then why not look into Raven Guard,Corax knowingly created and used mutants,one of the very things the Emperor abhorred as a stain on humanity.Or why not Space Wolves,theyr unruly behavior should be more than enough to brand them as traitors.And tho half of the Dark Angels turned to Chaos,the loyalists still actively hunt them with vigor and zeal unlike any other.

No some of the loyalists turned to chaos in the end but most worship him on terra.
Nemesis is a fantastic book just finished it. Fantastic otherwise I would say legion is a fantastic one
Thorinwhitewolf
Thorinwhitewolf
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by GMKDynamis Tue Jan 18, 2011 10:54 pm

This may be a late reply Brothers but I almost done with the second book of he Horus Heresy "False Gods" I am very impressed and pleased with how the story line is going. I plan to cntinue and have my own black library. Haha.
GMKDynamis
GMKDynamis
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 508
Army : Grey knights, Inquisition, Flesh Tearers
Registration date : 2010-09-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hawkwood Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:34 am

Let's get this thread up to date, have just finished First Heretic - Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
am now onto Prospero Burns and i'm finding it difficult to get into, I hope it gets better!!

any comments on the latest novels?
Hawkwood
Hawkwood
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 88
Army : PH Death Guard / Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-03-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:36 am

Prospero Burns is a little difficult to get into. I'm about 70 pages from the end.

It starts off really weird. But it all starts to make sense about half way through.
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:09 am

Yea, my only problem with Prospero Burns is how it begins. I was under the impression that it was skipping between two characters in two completely different settings during the beginning of the book. Though after I got over the first arc, it became easier to read.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:33 am

Hawkwood wrote:Let's get this thread up to date, have just finished First Heretic - Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
am now onto Prospero Burns and i'm finding it difficult to get into, I hope it gets better!!
any comments on the latest novels?

The First Heretic = cheers
I thought it was a great book. It never stops upsetting to read about how chaos has lured primarchs and marines into it's embrace, and they only realize what has happened when it is too late affraid

Prospero Burns = study Sleep scratch
Like some of you have said the beginning is "different". I am not finished it yet, and I am finding it hard to pick up to bve honest with you.
After William Kings SW novels I was confident that I had found a chapter that was great to read about.........now, I am not so sure. Leather masks? really? what is up with that?.............Anyways..............
I am just getting into the second half of the book so we will see where it goes. One thing I know for sure is that it can't get any worse! Laughing
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:29 pm

Well don't forget that its during the Great Crusade and Abnett really went off on what the Wolves were based on: VIKINGS!!! I haven't read the Space Wolves novels, but I feel that Abnett did a decent job here.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:22 pm

Prospero Burns is not bad. A little hard to understand, true. It's probably the first book by Abnett that didn't really blow me away. I still liked it but it definitely didn't do anything to make me like SW more. Hmmm, maybe that was the intent... Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valten Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:11 am

Finished the book last night, and although the start was fairly poor I am impressed how the plot picked up and the ending was great.

Spoiler:
Valten
Valten
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 552
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-02-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:51 am

Spoiler:
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:30 am

Damn!!!!!!!!! Now I have to finish the book so I can read what you posted in the "spoilers"!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz

But seriously, Thank you for doing that.

@ DarkRonin

I haven't forgetten when the novel is based.
William King's SW novels also kept with the Viking background, but didn't put people in leather masks all over the place.......
I am hearing that the concensus is that the book gets better, so I will take everyone's word for it and continue.
Like I said before, it can't get any worse
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:48 pm

@ Dark Ronin and Valten

I just finished Prospero burns. I liked the last 1/2 - 1/3 of the novel. The first portion of the novel was not cutting it for me AT ALL Sad

Spoiler:

@ Rivan

I must admit that the beginning of the novel left me pretty upset with the images being painted about the wolves. I am still not really impressed with the image of them all walking around with leather armour.

I do still have a strong like for the wolves because in the end of the novel Abnett redeemed himself. Lots of heroics, and honour = WIN cheers But the novel as a whole is still pretty weak.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:09 pm

@Constantine
Spoiler:
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Spoiler:

Don't know how much that really needs a spoler, but i did it anyway.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next