Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK/Tau 1750 list

3 posters

Go down

GK/Tau 1750 list Empty GK/Tau 1750 list

Post by DonFer Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:53 am

Ok guys it's me again with another list for your consideration. This I'm planning to take to 2 tournaments in August so I really appreciate your input.

Without much further ado:

GK/Tau List:

Primary: GK
Coteaz (Warlord)
10x Purifier Squad (4xPsycannons, 5xHalberds, 1xNDH)
Rhino
10x Purifier Squad (4xPsycannons, 5xHalberds, 1xNDH)
Rhino
3x Acolites (3xPlasma Gun)
Chimera
3x Acolites (3xStorm Bolter)
Razorback+Psyboltammo
Razorback+Psyboltammo

Allies: Tau
Commander (2x Fusion Blaster, PEN, target Lock,XV8-02)
XV104 Rptide (EWO, Ion Accelerator, TL-SMS, Stimulant injector)
6x Firewarriors
6x Firewarriors
XV88 Broadside Team (3x TLHeavy Rail Rifle, 3x TL-SMS, 3x EWO)

Now the objective is to build an all-commers' list, playing to the strenghts of both armies. I know the Acolites feel a little out of place in there but points limit really is messing up my options.

I reckon the Tau force will stay in Terrain, shooting at everything within LOS, while GK mop up CC targets and light infantry. With PEN, the Broadside team becomes a serious threat to Vehicles, and specifically fliers. Against mass infantry I have the Riptide, and Purifiers. Flying MC's and MC's alike will be dealt by the Riptide, Purifiers and broadsides with the Commander (PEN again).
I was also considering using Purgator Squads, by reducing the size of the Purifiers, for some Psycannon spam, but Purifiers are so good is hard to not use them at full strength. The full GK part could be something like this:

Coteaz
5x Purifier Squad (2xPsycannons, 2xHalberds, 1xNDH)
Rhino
5x Purifier Squad (2xPsycannons, 2xHalberds, 1xNDH)
Rhino
Razorback+Psyboltammo
Razorback+Psyboltammo
Razorback+Psyboltammo
5xPurgator Squad (2x Psycannon, 2x Incinerator)
Rhino
5xPurgator Squad (2x Psycannon, 2x Incinerator)
Rhino

Same ammount of bodies on the table different purpose. Purgators are great but reduce my chances of fighting CC. However, I would love to use them in a list.

I can't seem to find the perfect balance in the GK side (in fact the list is  4 points over the limit, which I can trim down by discarding two halberds, for example) so if you have any comments or suggestions, as always they're most welcome.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GK/Tau 1750 list Empty Re: GK/Tau 1750 list

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:35 pm

First off I think the Tau side of the list is solid, save maybe for your lack of markerlights.

I would be tempted to add a drone controller and two marker drones to the commander to aid the Riptide and add ablative wounds on the the commander / broadside squad.

Personal preference but I would also swap the commanders twin fusion for twin missiles as the acolytes can provide you with melta.

As for the GK portion, I feel it is a little confused.

GK list 1:

9 Acolyte's are your only scoring models in the primary detachment. I see this as a weakness.

If you want to run 20 Purifiers then do so with Crowe and make them scoring - he would actually be useful in a counter assault capacity hanging out with your Tau. I feel like 600pts of infantry that could be scoring should be scoring.

Purifiers mesh well with Tau because they prefer to shoot but hit just as hard as our Terminators in assault.

If you want to run Cortaez then take more Acolyte's and attempt to shoot the opposition off the table.

GK list 2:

For me a mix of Purifier's and Purgation's call for a GM leading them - again to increase your scoring numbers. This would mean dropping the Acolyte's completely though.

So - after musing this for the last 30 mins and fingering through the Tau codex I came up with this:

Cortaez

2 x 1 Palladins / hammer (solodins - to counter assault with hammers and harass with holocaust, basically dreadknights in training)

3 plasma acolytes / 2 multi-melta servitors / 5 bolter acolytes / 1 mystic / chimera (Cortaez here to divine some more accurate shooting)

2 x 3 meltagun acolytes / 8 bolter acolytes / 1 mystic / chimera (more melta, so you have 3 scoring chimera's in total - 35 acolytes + Cortaez)

5 Terminators / 1 psycannon / 3 halberds / 2 hammers (can deepstrike next to mystics same as the solodins)

Psydread (because more guns are a good thing and the twin linked will help with flyers as you have no velocity trackers)

Commander / 2 missile pods / PEN chip / target Lock / drone controller / iridium armour / 2 marker drones

Riptide / ion accelerator / TL-SMS / EWO /  stimulant injector

2 x 6 Firewarriors

3 Broadsides / TL Heavy Rail Rifle / TL-SMS / EWO

1746 pts (I think)
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:08 am

Thanks Borther Dom! Definetaly the GK side is still a weakness in my list. I reallty like your idea, I´ll toy around with some other options, but I think the inclusion of Paladins is a nice touch to the force. I´ll come back with another version shrotly!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by appleunit Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:26 pm

i reckon u should remove ur weapons for ur commander and give him multispec and penchip SO ur bside max firepower and ignore cover(he doesnt need to fire). in this edition, i prefer no solodins and 1 more psydread(good against vehicles) as ur solodins will die to rapid fire anything plasma
appleunit
appleunit
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2012-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down