Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 list.

2 posters

Go down

1750 list. Empty 1750 list.

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:29 am

HQ - grandmaster
- level 2
- incinerator
- rad grenades
- 1x servo skull
Total 235

HQ - coteaz
Total 100

ELITE - 10x purifiers
- 1x hammer
- 7x halberds
- 2x psycannons
- psybolt ammo
Total 304

TROOPS - 10x strike squad
- 1x hammer
- 7x swords
- 2x psycannons
- psybolt ammo
Total 250
DT - razorback
- psybolt ammo
Total 50

TROOPS - 10x strike squad
- 1x hammer
- 7x swords
- 2x psycannons
- psybolt ammo
Total 250
DT - razorback
- psybolt ammo
Total 50

TROOPS - 9x acolytes
Total 36

HEAVY SUPPORT - Dreadnought
- TL auto cannon
- TL auto cannon
- psybolt ammo
Total 135

HEAVY SUPPORT - Dreadnought
- TL auto cannon
- TL auto cannon
- psybolt ammo
Total 135

FAST ATTACK - Stormraven
- TL multi melta
- TL las cannon

This is my revised list that I've been rocking around with lately. C&c always welcome!

Back to top Go down

1750 list. Empty Re: 1750 list.

Post by first strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:37 pm

Ok feedback.
First of all I would like to here what plans you have for the army and where you would be attaching the characters.
But will give some imput anyway.
2 H.Q are not a good idea unless you have a use for them, i would say drop coteaz as you are not useing the inquisitorial toops in this list (one 9 man squad armed with chainswords and las pistols will do little in a game but give away a kill point). I would also look at giving rhinos to the strike squads for transport, they are there to hold objectives, take the purifers, split them, give them 2 psy canons and a hammer each and give them the razors.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:57 pm

Where to begin. My grand master go with the purifiers either in the Stormraven or on foot. I use that unit as an assault/counter assault unit. And depending on what mission, I'm either making that unit scoring or I'm buffing the damage. I had 36 points left over and I could use more bodies. I can always leave them in reserve or inside the razorbacks as a late game objective holder. Coteaz in this list is a nice support. With 2 psychic powers he can buff 2 squads. Plus that added chance of going first.
I like my gm. He adds so much to the army. With his grand strategy, his flamer for building and he's a hard to kill warlord. I might possible drop lvl 2 on him and the acolytes for something better, haven't thought of much though.

Perhaps some suggestions. Personally I think there's are few things I am willing to do. Drop coteaz for a cheap oxi. Drop mastery lvl 2 on the gm and drop the acolytes.

I can drop the acolytes and mastery lvl 2 and replace the raven and with a lrc.

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:23 pm

Stormravens are not my cup of tea for transports, if it goes down you can kiss goodbye anything inside it (I have had them shot down by agis lines in the past and it was not good) for you it would be a loss of 744 points. I would be willing to pump my entire army into it to get that kind of damage on you in one turn. The inquisitorial acolytes I will normaly delay them and bring them on as counter units as they are to soft (they also bring 2 las razors and a chimera to the table in my list).
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:30 pm

Yeah my original list had a lrc and not many people could pen it. It was transporting my gm and purifiers. I haven't actually used above list yet. I was heading to games workshop today to play so league games.. No one is smart enough there to bring an ADL Lolz! Therefore I was going to get it out. As an assault vehicle I totally agree that the raven sucks. But I was hoping to redeem it. With a slight reshuffle add in the lrc for the raven and that's the list I've Ben running without the acolytes. It's pretty solid. It's got me 4 wins 0 losses and I'm leading some stupid league at GW.

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric Greywolf Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 pm

Make the GM lvl 1, and give bolters to the Warriors. It's the best single point to spend in the game, I think. This will let them shoot occasionally, and have twice the shots in Overwatch. (Some flamers would also help in OW)

Also, your GM should have blind grenades. For 5pts, it denies your enemy all those charge attacks, and it also gives the unit Stealth when the enemy shooters are within 8". Deep Striking into cover next to the enemy gives you a 4+ cover save (or 2+ if you go to ground, just to be annoying!)

I've dropped my Stormraven lately. First Strike was right, it's very sad when your 5 termies (or 10 Purfs) + GM go down on turn 2, losing 650-750 pts, 3 kill points, and Warlord. (I hate Broadsides!)

I have lately found that deep striking, instead of being in a transport, is a viable option. You'd have to use Termies instead of Purfs, but I don't think your Purifiers are getting their full usage as they're listed above. I would have more psycannons. I think Terminators are more viable in CC, now that power weapons are AP3. Even if a smaller terminator squad can't give as many wounds, it can survive longer, forcing the enemy to commit more units to the combat without you getting shot.
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:32 pm

This list is old, thanks for your input though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down