Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GRAIL KNIGHTS BACKGROUND

+4
NemesisForce
Brother-Captain Validi
The Legionnaire
SIRSEAN
8 posters

Go down

GRAIL KNIGHTS BACKGROUND Empty GRAIL KNIGHTS BACKGROUND

Post by SIRSEAN Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:43 am

OK, here is a short back ground for my chapter. remember that my mother language is not english, but I'll do my best on this: (sorry in advance for my 'weird' grammar and mistakes)

ORDO MALLEUS SACRUS: GRAIL KNIGHTS

Origins:

When the demons try to invade the Empire, the Grey Knights Go to battle, and, of course, all the space marine chapters are always ready.

During the battle ro recover the world of Karnax, Kane, a Blood Angels Librarian was alone... he was the only survivor of his company, and the demons were coming... he was ready to dia in battle, and charges...

when he was ready to find the peace of the Emperor, something happens... a silver figure save his life, and beat the demons. he was Sean, Grey Knight Grand Master. he and his retinue defeat the unholy beings, and rescue Kane.

Later, Kane, now safe, tell Sean that he has now an alley forever.

25 years later, Kane was in Baal, and recieve a message: Sean was in prison in Titan, and the Inquisition wants to execute him, beacuse his body had been corrupted...

As soon as possible, Kane arrives to Titan, and ask for his friend, and the henchmen tell him the story:

Sean was send to an unknow planet with his retinue of terminators, and there, they fight a weird creature, that was close to kill them all with fire and claws. Sean had lost his nemesis weapon, but manages to kill the beast with a local spear in a final charge. the fire that the beast breathes on him erase the silver of his armor (now crimson), and even worse: Sean now has wings, like an angel...

and because of the wings, the most radical inquisitors of the order choose to kill him, in order to stop corruption, but the life of noble and good service of Sean to the Ordo, keep him alive a bit more, until a final decisiĆ³n is taken.

Kane was impressed. the wings of Sean make him look like his beloved Sangunius. He quickly find people willing to support Sean: the Brother Anibal (member of his retinue, and eye witness) and the Inquisitor Bohemod, who also believes that the wings of Sean were a sign of Holyness, not corruption, and member of the high inquistorial counsil.

The trial begins the next day, and Sean, as usual, shows calm, and willingnes to accept his fate. Anibal tell to the court that the beast had two heads, and breathes fire to them when they were scouting and old chapel, that had images of a 'Grail' and images of native warriors. Sean take an old weapon and charge the beast while screams 'For the Lady', like he read in the banners of the chapel, and when he do that, the wings appear on his back, and saves the lifes of his retinue.

then, when he was lying in the ground, half death, a ghost of a woman appears before him, with a cup in her hands. Sean drinks from the cup, and recovers. then, tha lady vanish, and Sean order the return to home.

Kane and Bohemod remind to the judges the honors and feats that Sean made as a Grand Master, and finally ask for a test of corruption in the high apothecarion of Mars. the court accept the offer, and DNA samples of Sean were send to Mars.

A few days later, tha answer arrives: the sample was clean, and free of all kinds of corruption. As a homage for this, the retinue of Sean chooses to use the same crimson color on their armors, and wear Grail symbols beside the Inquistorial ones.

Chapter Creation:

Sean and his men were very succesful, and use to fight with kave and the blood angels, leraning combat strategies from each other.

Soon, Sean realizes that the enmies of the Empire were more than demons, and the weapons on the Grey Knights sometimes need help.

Finally Sean and Kane decide to create a new chapter, able to fight corruption with all the weapons available. The High Inquisitor Bohemod agrees, and ask to the High Court of the Ordo Malleus. They say yes, but only if Bohemod himself joins the chapter.

The Hihgs lords of Terra were also agree: the new chapter will be part of the militant chamber of the Ordo Malleus, and Sean was named the new Lord of the Grail Knights

Planet:

Vulcano, a planet with extreme weather, wild animals and lots of volcanos, was choose to be the home of the Grail Knights. Vulcano is inhabited by a few tribes of men, that work in mines looking for minerals that use to hunt. thay believe that the Grail Knights are gods that live in the 'Fortress of Solitude', and sometimes, one of their chlidren is choose to go to live with the gods.

Primarch:

a mistery until recently. the gene seed of the Grey Knights is secret, and the Blood Angles were not willing to allow the use of their gene seed to help the Inquisition. when some people start to say that the Grail Knights were too frezy for combat, and that could be because they use the gene seed of Angron, Sean REALLY go frezy, and order a research. Finally they discover that the father of almost all the Grail Knights is Rogal Dorn, of the Imperial Fist. His gene seed was not change for the Grail Knights, and the ability in combat of them is just becasue is hard training.

When it was know, some symbols of Rogal Dorn were added to the heraldry of the Grail Knights.

OK, I have this so far.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.
SIRSEAN
SIRSEAN
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 260
Army : Daemonhunters, Space marines, Blood Angels, Bretonnia.
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GRAIL KNIGHTS BACKGROUND Empty Re: GRAIL KNIGHTS BACKGROUND

Post by The Legionnaire Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Very very good, I enjoyed reading that greatly and you should be proud, some grammatical errors that need correcting but they seem to be the only problems thus far.

Brother I can't wait to see more Smile.

Last edited by The Legionnaire on Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:36 am; edited 1 time in total
The Legionnaire
The Legionnaire
Head Archivist
Head Archivist

Number of posts : 491
Army : DaemonHunters, Black Templars, Elysian Drop Troops, PH Death Guard (PIP)
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother-Captain Validi Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:59 pm

Looks really cool, but I think it would be the Puratian (or something) Inquisitors which would want to kill him, not the Radicals. the Radicals would maybe even be okay with it because the wings could help him fight daemons by making him more mobile. The Purations would all go "Ahhh, random mutation, kill it, kill it!". But then again, the some Purations could be like Bohemod and see it as holy sunny .

I like the Brettonian stuff, I'm eventually going to get some of them
Brother-Captain Validi
Brother-Captain Validi
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 271
Location : Lost in the Warp. Strange, it looks just like Scotland...
Army : Daemonhunters, Space Wolves, 13th Company Space Wolves, Legion of the Damned
Registration date : 2007-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:44 am

Well done SIRSEAN. That's a nicely thought-out background for your army. Too bad Grey Knight heroes can't take jump packs so you can make use of those cool wings.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:26 am

Wow thats a really nice backstory!
When I first read "corrupted GK" I was gonna jump up and down and have a mad fit about GK never being corrupted (jokes) but you certainly brought that together really well!

I mean afterall GK are incorruptable! The wings is truly an awesome touch with the whole 'touched by an angel theme'.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:47 am

I am very split in my thoughts about this.

One part saying a simple blood angels librarian would never get access to Titan, plus, the inquistorial prison is on mimas.
And why a grand master would rooar "for the lady" instead of for the emperor seems a bit weird, but that might be that after their researches they found an old banishment scroll that instructed the reader on how the creature was killed last time.

Another says it is okay, he wasn't corrupted at all, and even though you forgot the psychic check it seemed at least a bit plausable.

I am split in my final answer, check the text and regard my crituiqes, and see if you wan't to change anything.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:53 am

I think I'm correct in reading the fluff in that 'the lady' is a deity who saved the GM and his retinue's lives, by blessing him in some way, and then allowing him to live.
She could possibly be a saint? But would need to be someone who herself followed the emporers teachings for the change of allegiance, perhaps it is some ancient chapel that was in some way related to the initial creation of the Grey Knights much earlier, and the lady was simpy a personage involved who may have some importance.
The daemon possibly destroyed the chapel eons back, and after being cleansed by other GK the chapel was simpy abandoned, till the daemons reappearance.

Also with this kind of fluff your main army would need to be SM with some GK squads added because you can't ally SM with a mainlist GK army.

And also to follow the lore I wouldn't try and make the SM who become part of this chapter too GK'like, because GK are incorruptable, and have much different strategies and focuses, if your heading in the direction of this being a chapter that works on many issues rather than just daemons (as GK do) then that totally makes sense, but the normal SM in the force would never be able to handle full on daemonic influence and battles, and would need to be mind wiped often and probably killed to avoid corruption. I beleive this is part of the reason that SM don't normally ally with a GK main army (fluff wise) because SM are far too easily destroyed by daemons to be wasted on such a cause.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SIRSEAN Sat Nov 29, 2008 5:55 am

thaks for your ideas, brothers.

I'm currently working in the background of my all-purpose chapter, and now they are more a chapet that work a lot with the Ordo Malleus, have heir own traditions, home planet, and different ways to fight.

my Grey Knights are not 'normal' Grey Knights, but a very special unit, members of the 1 company, under direct control of Sir Sean and the Inquisitor Lord Bohemod.

and yes, now I use more SM with GK allies.
SIRSEAN
SIRSEAN
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 260
Army : Daemonhunters, Space marines, Blood Angels, Bretonnia.
Registration date : 2008-02-18

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:22 pm

If you use the gk rules for a special organisation within the 1rst company it's chill!

Rules and fluff are as far from each others as things might get (sometimes)

You could perhaps just skip the part with the grand master beeing "corrupted" and joining the chapter and just have.

"The silver angel who saved the entire 1st companys life"

After all, the emperor is A god i 40k, and space marines are his angels.

And gk are silver deamon-ass whipping angels of power that smites the foul heretics again and again, until there is no more to smite!
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Amareo Davion Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:17 am

Finally Sean and Kane decide to create a new chapter

Only the high lords of terra can decide if there is going to be a new chapter or founding, SMs can't just decide if there is going to be new one. other than that its ok.
Amareo Davion
Amareo Davion
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 144
Army : Space Marines
Registration date : 2009-04-23

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:04 pm

For gaming generally you can create your own chapter as long as it follows the rules of another chapter that it will be representing just under a different name, as long as your not trying to pick and chose special rules from different places there shouldn't be an issue.

Stand in army or something, they have a special name for it
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ecideus Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:01 pm

Fantastic fluff, really impressive, I think that the story behind it is great and the angelic sean is just brilliant
Ecideus
Ecideus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Army : Orks, but have repented for my sins and have joined the Grey Knights!!!
Registration date : 2009-09-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down