Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tau, Tau Tau, Shoot, Shoot and shoot some more

+7
Vindicare
DonFer
bigbri
Embolden40k
SmokinBrown
Souba
first strike
11 posters

:: Tactica

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Tau, Tau Tau, Shoot, Shoot and shoot some more - Page 3 Empty Re: Tau, Tau Tau, Shoot, Shoot and shoot some more

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 8:20 am

So i have been going through the posts and I noticed Tiberius you mentioned Vector thrusters give the unit hit and run. Now they are only allowed 3 systems which need to be split between weapons and support systems so in order to do the hit and run the entire unit needs to make vector thrusters as their support system, if one guy doesnt have it does that mean the squad does not get the hit and run rule?

Now to address the whole draigo wing survival, has imperial armor been cleared to run in regular 40k games? If so, spartan assault tank would do the trick. 14 AV all around, 25 capacity, ceramite plating making it more resilient against melta and it has 5 hull points along with other upgrades, it should be able to get the squad up there safely.

Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 68
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, High Elves, Red Scropions
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Tau, Tau Tau, Shoot, Shoot and shoot some more - Page 3 Empty Re: Tau, Tau Tau, Shoot, Shoot and shoot some more

Post by Sai Tue May 21, 2013 8:44 am

The Spartan is still experimental for 40K games, but isn't available to Grey Knights. http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/Spartan.pdf

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 9:13 am

The rules are in the new imperial armor 12. Along with the fellblade and updates for the storm eagle, thunderhawk etc...

With it being unavailable to the grey knights I think that's up to the players in my opinion. As I dont recall seeing the actually armies which can take the spartan assault tank in the Imperial Armor. IF there is no specific armies listed then in to me its open game. Now if we wave that opinion. Can we not take a ally detachment of space marines and then embark the pallies in that transport? Or do they need to be brothers in arms for that to take affect?
Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue May 21, 2013 9:25 am

'Not even battle brothers use each other's transports'

I guess from a background point of view the Grey Knights wouldn't have any Legion equipment as all of theirs was manufactured separately and in secret. We don't get contemptors either.

That said I've got a shadowsword. I don't want to be running up to that new Eldar Knight with sharp sticks and hammers after all.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 10:19 am

The rules for the Spartan assault tank have been made official in the new Imperial Armor 12. From what I have read it says all space marine armies, it does not specifically say grey knights but i am sure if you are given permission from your opponent its allowed. In friendly games I am sure you can run it.

But assuming we dont get permission then that possible solution is out of the picture Sad It sucks how grey knights get shafted by imperial armor, even though fluff says were suppose to have access to the best. lol ah well.

I have seen on I think Dakka Dakka, someone mentioning purifier spam as a possible solution? Has anyone tried that list out?

Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Vindicare wrote:I have seen on I think Dakka Dakka, someone mentioning purifier spam as a possible solution? Has anyone tried that list out?

No matter what the question is - 50 Purifiers with psycannons, halberds and hammers can always be the answer!
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue May 21, 2013 4:33 pm

No matter what the question is - 50 Purifiers with psycannons, halberds and hammers can always be the answer!

What if the question is "what army selection will not make an opponent roll their eyes at you?"
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue May 21, 2013 6:26 pm

want a simple sollution against tau? use a 5 man unit of jokaero with 3 crusaders 3 plasma servitors and a added inquisitor with the primaris divination power. yes you dont get the jokaero roll but.. *shrug*

played that twice against tau.. both times won. both players wont fight my GK again.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 pm

That is 335 points though :s

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Tue May 21, 2013 6:44 pm

Vindicare wrote:So i have been going through the posts and I noticed Tiberius you mentioned Vector thrusters give the unit hit and run. Now they are only allowed 3 systems which need to be split between weapons and support systems so in order to do the hit and run the entire unit needs to make vector thrusters as their support system, if one guy doesnt have it does that mean the squad does not get the hit and run rule?

Now to address the whole draigo wing survival, has imperial armor been cleared to run in regular 40k games? If so, spartan assault tank would do the trick. 14 AV all around, 25 capacity, ceramite plating making it more resilient against melta and it has 5 hull points along with other upgrades, it should be able to get the squad up there safely.

Actually, Hit and Run only requires a single model in the unit to have the rule for the whole unit to benefit. Also, the test is taken on the highest initiative, which happens to be Farsight's of 5. So it remains very viable. Razz
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue May 21, 2013 7:01 pm

SmokinBrown wrote:That is 335 points though :s

SB

and? it kills far more points than it costs. riptides, crisis units.. those aint cheap.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 21, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah I suppose, my friend who plays tau doesn't use suits though, except for his commander, and if he does he takes shield drones and always passes the invuln saves cos hes jammy :p it just didn't seem flexible enough to me. I run a unit with two jakaeros and 3 plasma, so same just smaller I suppose. Whatever works for your own style I guess.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 8:34 pm

[Actually, Hit and Run only requires a single model in the unit to have the rule for the whole unit to benefit. Also, the test is taken on the highest initiative, which happens to be Farsight's of 5. So it remains very viable.]

lol thats just wrong...damn tau...(grumbles)
Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3