Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k

3 posters

Go down

Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k Empty Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k

Post by librisrouge Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:55 am

Well, I've been away for a very long time (not that I was that active a member I suppose.) I went back to my first army, Imperial Guard, and though it is fun I find myself leaving the honeymoon phase. They just have all of the problems I remember them having that drove me away from them to begin with. Too many models to play with and to paint (I'm not a fast painter by any measure.) No CC potential. Loosing men by the droves, while fun, means you're constantly pulling models off the table, which can be something of a bummer after a while.

To see if getting back into Grey Knights is the right move for me I've been making some lists lately and this is what I've come up with. It's rough but fun and I'm mostly interested in its potential for competitiveness, not its ultra-kill power aspect.

HQ-
Malleus Man - Tactical Dreadnought Armor, Psycannon, Nemesis Daemonhammer, Psyker Lvl 1 (Divination)

Brotherhood Champion

Trp-
Strike Squad x10 - Psycannon x2 and Nemesis Daemonhammer

Strike Squad x10 - Psycannon x2 and Nemesis Daemonhammer

Strike Squad x5 - Psycannon

Terminator Squad x10 - Psycannon x2, Brotherhood Banner, and (as of yet undetermined amount of Nemesis Swords/Hammers/Halberds)

Fst-
Interceptor Squad x10 - Incinerator x2 and Nemesis Daemonhammer

Stormraven Gunship - TL Lascannon and TL Multimelta

Stormraven Gunship - TL Lascannon and TL Multimelta

Extra Pts. - 25 - Thinking about Psybolt Ammunition for a squad.

Battle Plan - Strike Squads form up and begin the dakka. The Brotherhood Champion goes with whatever squad seems most likely to encounter a big nasty. His job is to charge solo and either speed bump or assassinate HQs. Interceptors assassinate Quadgun or Icarus emplacements, using their shunt, and the fact that fortifications are deployed ahead of time, to setup a nasty attack against whomever is manning that gun before they get free shots at my air support. Terminators are joined by Inquisitor who gives them 12 re-roll to hit shots and another Daemonhammer to the show. Stormravens do what they do (Air Superiority, Tank Hunter, Psyker Assassination, etc.)

What do you guys think?
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k Empty Re: Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:41 am

I like the list, a few considerations:

- No heavy support choices, I don't think I've seen a list before without any.

- For the cost of the two hq's you could get one GM and make the Interceptors scoring.

- Transports? How will you get the bodies in range or will you DS?
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k Empty Re: Maybe Rejoining the Brotherhood at 2k

Post by librisrouge Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:12 am

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:
- No heavy support choices, I don't think I've seen a list before without any.
I'm a rogue, what can I say. pirat I just don't really see the need for Dreadnoughts when they'd be my only vehilces. They'd die way too fast.
- For the cost of the two hq's you could get one GM and make the Interceptors scoring.
The Grandmaster does tempt me but he can't give Prescience to the terminators. I am, however, tempted by the prospect of dropping the Champ and the 5 man Strike squad but he'd only give the interceptors scoring, which is a bit underwhelming. On top of that, the champ is an answer to the local meta where it seems every army have some death monster/character designed to eat whatever you decided to place on your objective. Champ, either via combat or suicide kill, takes care of that.
- Transports? How will you get the bodies in range or will you DS?
Walking. 24" + 6" move should be enough, especially since many armies will be closing on me as well.

Thanks for the comments.
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jb317 Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:05 pm

This looks like a very "vanilla" yet solid list. Just be wary that at 2k you are more than likely to encounter significant anti-air capabilities. Losing your Storm Ravens in this setup will drastically reduce your anti-armor capabilities. Counting solely on a squad of interceptors to negate this risk might not be wise.

You might argue that the hammers provide vehicle-busting redundancy, but moving strike squads in range to use them means no Heavy fire mode for their psycannons.

jb317
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2012-12-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down