Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brotherhood Champion a Must Have?

+3
Souba
Aubec le noir
xxunphasedxx
7 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Brotherhood Champion a Must Have? Empty Brotherhood Champion a Must Have?

Post by xxunphasedxx Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:49 am

Hello brothers, after a few games with my brotherhood champion i have been blown away by how much more of a threat he has become in 6th edition. His 2+ 3++ in close combat alone in a challenge is amazing but when he uses his blade shield he becomes a terrifying tar pit. I move him up the field with a terminator squad to improve his odds before he unexpectedly leaves the unit and engages the challenger in single combat.

In my last 6 games i have used him as a secondary HQ, in all 6 games he has earned double or triple his points back. In my first game he faced the traitor Abbadon. Now this was a terrifying challenge at a first glance, but Abaddon spent 4 turns stuck against my 3++ re-rollable save until the game ended. That game, my champion survived 16 wounds from Abbadon.

The next Match up was Belial and a squad of death knights who deep struck next to my terminator squad. I charged them and the cowardly Belial denied my challenge and instead he engaged my champion with the knights who used their feat. this did nothing but tickle my champion. After 2 more turns of all of their fail ap3 weapons bouncing off my 2+ re-rollable i decided he had enough and killed Belial with his force weapon in the challenge. and after he just tied up the knights.

Next on the chopping block was the Avatar, after one turn of his 3++ his luck finally ran out and he was killed but not before he dragged the daemon into the warp along side him. He also Denied the witch twice when the opponent tried to doom him.

After the next 2 games he was short on epic challenges but earned his points back by charging into a squad of 23 boys with a Squad of Purifiers, challenging a nob and quickly doing away with him. next he was out of place and just kept a Necron Overlord away from The charge he hoped to have.

In my most recent game he did the absolute unthinkable, he faced a Swarm Lord. He tied the Hive tyrant up while my purifiers handled the horde that surrounded the battlefield. After two turns i dealt with the horde of Tyranids that surrounded the battle and i thought i would try to end the event with bang. My Champion landed two hits, one wound and activated his force weapon sending the beast to the warp.

I will admit on these occasions i rolled fantastically well, and i have had games before hand where i lost him right away, but any Character has had those games. I believe that his strength is in his cost, at a measly 100pts he is a steal. And with only a 2+ 4++ and 1 wound from shooting he can die easily from a unlucky roll. but if you can get him into a challenge with your opponents nasty Character, he can hold up the best of them. He is even amazing against any horde unit, i have had him take whole mobs of orc boys single handed with his 2+ re-rollable and survive. And Worse case scenario he has at least a 50% chance of eliminating anything in the game in close combat as he dies. I am not saying take him as your warlord or ignore the other HQ choices, but he definitely is at least worth the consideration if you have 100 points left and don't know what to spend it on.

Thats my two cents on him anyway, What do you guys think? is he one man tar pit? or a waste of points?

xxunphasedxx

xxunphasedxx
xxunphasedxx
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 20
Army : Grey Knights, Blood Angels, Vanilla Marines, Death Guard, Tau
Registration date : 2011-06-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Brotherhood Champion a Must Have? Empty Re: Brotherhood Champion a Must Have?

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:44 am

It's been months that i said that the Champ is greatly underestimated... people say that he only has 1 wound, and clearly could be easily killed in one lucky shooting phase... it is true, but i, as a deamon hunters codex veteran, remember that our HQ Brother Captain only had 1 wound and performed well without all the advantages of the Champ ! Twisted Evil Wink
So yes i like the Brotherhood Champion and will use him (when his painting will be finished) for small points list (500-600 points) and as secondary HQ ith the same frequency as the Libbie that i like too ! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:37 am

the Brotherhood champion is my favorite HQ. even above the GM. he is dirt cheap. got a awesome save, especially in close combat. can tarpit the badest of foes with relative ease and if he dies he is almost always able to take the big bad one with himself.

combine that with purifiers with rerolls to hit (yeah a inquisitor can do that too but he simply sucks in a challenge) aswell as being in non terminator armor allows your unit to still sweeping advance what almost every GK HQ cannot do.

especially with the addition to challenges in the 6th he became even better.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:25 pm

+1. BC is great, not to mention he can LOS with a 2+ on another character and reroll failed saves to boot. Oh and he can absorb so much damage for any squad he joins allowing it to strike back at full force. Nice!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vecuu Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:23 pm

I've been running with a BC in my most recent campaign, and, I must say, I am terrified of that 1W factor.

He has died a couple of times after a single round of combat due simply a bad roll+reroll.

He's got his perks, for sure, but I would never take him as a Warlord, which, unfortunately, means that I'd have to have two HQ's, which can be a really heavy point tax that I don't necessarily want to pay.
Vecuu
Vecuu
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Tyranids, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:53 am

Bad rolls + rerolls happens ... But good too ! Wink
You can't deny the BC plus as i can't deny his weaknesses either ! Very Happy
Anyway for his low price, he's generally worth taking.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffersonian000 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:24 am

I've always had good luck with my BroChamp, when I bother to take him. He is a vengeful tarpit, and a great HQ for footslogging PAGK. Unfortunately for him, I've been running my Ghostwing these many months, with Mordrak and a Challenge-Mode Libby in tow.

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 107
Army : Knights of the Word
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vecuu Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:05 pm

One thing I will give him is that he can be quite the terror into a large Purifier Squad that charging out of an assault Vehicle. The rerolls to hit for the entire squad who's getting three attacks on the charge, is very potent.

Shame I don't usually run Purifiers Sad
Vecuu
Vecuu
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Tyranids, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:02 am

it's a shame indeed ! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyroa7xhavik Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:15 am

I've only used him a few time and most of the time he got shot to death but I love the ideas and I love me some purifiers aswell
I'd have to agree and never make him my warlord tho
Pyroa7xhavik
Pyroa7xhavik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 59
Army : Grey Knights , some Nids and SM
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down