Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know what i wanna have for Christmas!

+4
Rivan
Aubec le noir
Constantine
Dark Bjoern
8 posters

:: Community

Go down

I know what i wanna have for Christmas! Empty I know what i wanna have for Christmas!

Post by Dark Bjoern Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:13 pm

Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

I know what i wanna have for Christmas! Empty Re: I know what i wanna have for Christmas!

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

I know what i wanna have for Christmas! Empty Re: I know what i wanna have for Christmas!

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:15 pm

I saw that too it's awesome but quite expensive i guess !! cheers
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:14 pm

I want one too!!!! bounce
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:54 pm

pfft il get a 3d printer&scanner and redefine the world of the tabletop ! muhahaha
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:57 pm

pretty cool, love that it projects on the ceiling. I want a land raider that has the same functions.
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by xFallenx Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:38 am

Souba wrote:pfft il get a 3d printer&scanner and redefine the world of the tabletop ! muhahaha
^^ This. I've already started stockpiling sprues for the grinder.
xFallenx
xFallenx
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 162
Army : Grey Knights, SoB, Deamons, Bretonnians & Druchii
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:30 pm

The 3D printer and scanner definitely look interesting.
I wonder how many GW models you would have to make before it payed for itself? scratch
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:10 pm

considering that i am one of 12 people to win one of 2 of those scanners it starts at the first print Very Happy

i tested a scan already at my ex-work aswell as a print and oh boy. god those things are awesome. its so simple to scan a miniature in, edit it and reprint it that i think if it gets easier to obtain moneywise GW and any other minature factor will get serious problems. getting designs from models online is allready not that hard to find.

just wish me luck to get that thing. friday the 22nd i get to know if i won it or not.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:19 pm

Of course you have my good luck wishes!

So................ You scan a figure, and then press print and it makes a figure for you? scratch
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:36 am

EDIT: here is a report aswel as a vid http://hothardware.com/m/Reviews/The-Definitive-3D-Printer-Roundup-Cubify-Up-Solidoodle/default.aspx

Exactly. You can also scan a Miniature, edit the 3d model with editing software and reprint it.

For example its really easy to copy the heraldry fromgk models and paste it on other models. Want hooded gk and use dark angel models? No problem. you want to create your very own types of close combat weapons or any other bit? edit it once with the right software and press print. No cutting or remodeling for every model. Designs can also be shared with others.

The printing looks stunning. You might want ro look at a example vid on youtube
The "ink" is a plastic mix that hardens the second its "printed".
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:19 am

It's quite interesting, but companies are starting to push 3D printing to the legal side of things. It's certainly something amazing, but mass production of these babies could and will initiate a legal war on copycats and such.

It's a shame, since this is a very usable tool. But since most users will use this for copying copyrighted material, the use rapidly degenerates into something ilegal. I read that the first prototypes of 3D printing were released on 2009-2010, at a price of over 10k dollars. Now there is a cheaper Kickstarter version for 3K. It was quite a success.

Perhaps "for personal use only" should be one of the things one should consider.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by xFallenx Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:11 am

DonFer wrote:It's quite interesting, but companies are starting to push 3D printing to the legal side of things. It's certainly something amazing, but mass production of these babies could and will initiate a legal war on copycats and such.

It's a shame, since this is a very usable tool. But since most users will use this for copying copyrighted material, the use rapidly degenerates into something ilegal. I read that the first prototypes of 3D printing were released on 2009-2010, at a price of over 10k dollars. Now there is a cheaper Kickstarter version for 3K. It was quite a success.

Perhaps "for personal use only" should be one of the things one should consider.
The same was said for personal printers when they were first brought into the home. The same will be said when future replicators replace the 3D ones we're excited about now.

Current & future lawyers must be licking their chops.
xFallenx
xFallenx
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 162
Army : Grey Knights, SoB, Deamons, Bretonnians & Druchii
Registration date : 2012-11-06

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:46 am

DonFer wrote:It's quite interesting, but companies are starting to push 3D printing to the legal side of things. It's certainly something amazing, but mass production of these babies could and will initiate a legal war on copycats and such.

yeah for personal use its fine. my friend at work scanned in a space marine with missle launcher and printed 5 of em. painted them and now plays with a whole new 5 man unit of missle launcher long fangs. there is no difference wich is quiet funny actually. also the weight of the models is almost the same. there is a slight difference that the printed ones are a little bit more heavy but noone will spot the difference on the tabletop.

i think its a nice tool if you want to customize your army. creating own heraldric on the full chassis of a landraider is a nice example here (fully covered in scales for salamanders as example). nothing GW can sue you for as long as you dont put it up on the market.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:15 pm

Yeah, i saw some videos of these 3D printers working. It's actually amazing. Let's see how this develops though, saddly the abuse potential of this hardware is limitless:

http://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21571910-regulatory-and-legal-challenges-posed-3d-printing-gun-parts-ready-print-fire

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down