Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HQ's - and their impact on the game.

+10
nevek
Akoni
stormknight
first strike
DonFer
bigbri
Souba
Sai
Aubec le noir
DOMIN4TRIX
14 posters

:: Tactica

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Which Grey Knights codex hq choice do you use?

HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 17 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 21% 
[ 17 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 10 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 3 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 24% 
[ 20 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]
HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 11 ]

Total Votes : 82

HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Empty Re: HQ's - and their impact on the game.

Post by Sai Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:25 am

You only get the 3++ in cc. 4++ against shooting.

True.
Then again, if I let my HQ get into a position where he can be shot by a mob of unfriendlies or AP2 weapons I'd lose the game by forfeit after facepalming myself into unconsciousness.

Unless it's part of a cunning plan to make my opponent focus his entire armies attention on my terminators while my strike and interceptor squads claim the objectives.
But there would still be facepalming to continue the misdirection.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

HQ's - and their impact on the game. - Page 2 Empty Re: HQ's - and their impact on the game.

Post by Overlord Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:58 am

I'm in complete agreement about Coteaz... best bang for the buck HQ we have. I take him and my GM in every game I play. They work so well together.
Overlord
Overlord
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 120
Army : Grey Knights/Chaos SM/Orks/Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:43 pm

Hey all great feed back so far, I believe this poll here can help some people when choosing Hq's and why.

Was wondering if anyone would like to post up there load out for their gm since its te second most popular choice behind coteaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:11 pm

i play mine cheap. incinerator, rad & psychostroke grenades. done.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 am

on the contrary i play mine heavily loaded : all grenades, psycannon, sword for a minimum and more depending the foe... Wink
I like to think of my general as a powerful Hero that can make the difference and can use any gear available... after all he's my 40k alter ego ! Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:18 am

My minimum is a halberd and rad grenades. The sword is good for the 3++, but I'd rather have a go at chopping the opposing characters in half before they get to make a move rather than hit at the same time. Also, my GM looks pretty chilled out resting the halberd on his shoulder which supports the alter-ego idea.

Then I add a couple of servo-skulls usually. I don't tend to deepstrike or use blast weapons, but denying the enemy the ability to infiltrate an objective evens the playing field when my units can't either. And they look cool.

If I've got the points kicking around I'll throw psychotrokes in too because they remind me of the good times my arbites had 2nd edition.

I see the value of the incinerator and more so the psycannon, but he looks pretty neat pointing out targets with his stormbolter. Also, it means he doesn't draw attention to himself so he's more likely to survive to contact. If playing an all human daemonhunter army in cityfights taught me anything it's that the unseen blade causes the greatest woe.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2