Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 pt Double Dreadknight

4 posters

Go down

1500 pt Double Dreadknight Empty 1500 pt Double Dreadknight

Post by NotEZBeingGrey Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 pm

I'm looking to do a double Dreadknight army my main opponents will be SM and Chaos(maybe Necrons, which really I've never had too many probs with Necrons). This is a league, anyone tried this? I could downgrade the Razorback and even the DK's to sneak a SS in. I can also put one of the DK's in a 300 point portion of the list that can be subbed between each game(especially if it doesn't work out).The GM makes the Interceptors and as many DK's as he can into troops for objective based games. I always DS my DK to get him stuck in as he can take quite a bit of bruising. I do feel naked without a Librarian. Thoughts?

HQ Grand Master
Coteaz

Troop
3 x Henchmen(3 x Acolytes, 2 meltaguns, 1 plasma)
2x Chimaera
1 x Razorback TL LAS

Fast
Interceptors x 10 (1 Psilencer, 1 Psycannon, 1 TH, 7 Halberds)
StormRaven( AC & MM)

2 X Dreadknight w/Incinerator and Psycannon loadout
NotEZBeingGrey
NotEZBeingGrey
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-07-11

Back to top Go down

1500 pt Double Dreadknight Empty Re: 1500 pt Double Dreadknight

Post by Alladin the Paladin Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:28 pm

I am by no means an expert, but I would reconsider giving both DKs incinerators AND psycannons. If you are using your DKs primarily for CC, the psycannon may not be a good spend in points.

That being said, if running 2 DKs I you could still keep a psycannon on one of them "just in case".. Another option would be to remove both pyscannons and put in a personal teleporter for 1 DK.

I'm sure someone else could offer better uses for points... I liked the idea of adding 5-6 psykers to one of your henchmen mobs in the chimera. That still gives you 20-30 points to play with.

Alladin the Paladin
Alladin the Paladin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2012-07-19

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NotEZBeingGrey Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:56 am

It's tough to give up that capability of plopping a DK right next to an opponent and opening up with the INC and PC. If I dink with it a little bit more, probably I would drop the DK weaponry. Interesting point on the Psykers, could really beef up the Chimaera's "guns"; 70 points for 36" STR 9 AP1 Barrage, if I'm reading the rules correctly. Nice. Other point on Psykers in the henchmen are they allowed to exchange their one power to roll on the charts? That could be really interesting to attach a psyker to every henchmen unit for added support.
NotEZBeingGrey
NotEZBeingGrey
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:24 pm

Its a strange loadout on the interceptors.

The halberds are expensive and not really needed as you now get your hammer of wrath I10 attacks on top of normal attacks

You will only ever fire the psilencer at BS1 because you will spend the whole game on the move

Psycannons/incinerators, psybolt ammo and a hammer are all you need - swords are enough - they are shooty jump troops not assault troops.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NotEZBeingGrey Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:01 pm

Thoughts on the interceptors
A) The Psilencer is free, and I always feel 6 extra shots for showing up is always good
B) I would probably make them a Troop in some games to hold objectives. SO the 6 extra shots to hold off attackers and charging units isn't such a bad idea.
C) See B for Halberds. Sometimes you may have to take a charge to win a game and sometimes you just may take a charge whether you plan it or not. If that's the case I think the survivability of an already expensive squad is worth the 35 points. I could see switching the Halberds for the PBA.
D) Yes the incinerator would be good, but it's not free. But I see your point I could drop Halberds and probably squeeze in the INC and the PBA.

Can the Psykers exchange their Psyker power for one in the book?
NotEZBeingGrey
NotEZBeingGrey
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:45 am

NotEZBeingGrey wrote:Thoughts on the interceptors
A) The Psilencer is free, and I always feel 6 extra shots for showing up is always good
B) I would probably make them a Troop in some games to hold objectives. SO the 6 extra shots to hold off attackers and charging units isn't such a bad idea.
C) See B for Halberds. Sometimes you may have to take a charge to win a game and sometimes you just may take a charge whether you plan it or not. If that's the case I think the survivability of an already expensive squad is worth the 35 points. I could see switching the Halberds for the PBA.
D) Yes the incinerator would be good, but it's not free. But I see your point I could drop Halberds and probably squeeze in the INC and the PBA.

Can the Psykers exchange their Psyker power for one in the book?

A) 6 shots might sound good, except it's kind of naff at AP-, and Interceptors need to me moving, in which case you're only snapshotting.
B) If they're scoring you're going to be using them for last minute Shunting onto enemy objectives in which case the incinerators are a better choice, both for clearing it of enemies and holding it using Wall of Death if you're charged.
C)You're right sometimes you do have to charge/be charged, but Interceptors lack the attacks to make halberds worth it.
D) Just because they're not free in comparison to the psilencer is no reason not to take them. Incinerators are great weapons, and more importantly they're perfect for Interceptors in every way. They have the speed and mobility to make them count.
ALso no henchmen psykers cannot take powers from the BRB.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NotEZBeingGrey Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:28 am

Don't get me wrong if I could squeeze in the INC I will, dropping the halberd to get them is definitely an option. All sound advice.

Also the Hammer of wrath sounds good, but so far it's been pretty ineffective. And anyone that has used it against me has been pretty ineffective. Could just be bad dice rolling, but it hasn't impressed me so much.
NotEZBeingGrey
NotEZBeingGrey
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down