Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 GK List - Double Dreadknight

3 posters

Go down

1500 GK List - Double Dreadknight Empty 1500 GK List - Double Dreadknight

Post by 1ale4 Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:54 pm

Hi guys,

First of all, since english is not my native language I’m sorry if I’ll write badly, but a forum completely dedicated to grey knights sounds too good to me! I’ve started after six years of inactivity a new grey knights army: I’ve just fallen in love with the models as soon as I saw them, they look great!

I’ve read that razorspam or MSU are the most competitive 1500 pt GK lists but I’m looking for something different, even if this will mean a weaker army: since I don’t care about winning tournaments it should be not a problem, I just aim to a list that is good enough without being stomped by everybody. Also, I really want to use both my dreadknights because they are wonderful models: I know that psyrifle dreadnoughts are OP but I think that they are very ugly (I know GW: in a few years, as soon as they’ve sold enough dreddy they’ll make them useless and I don’t want dust-keeping shitty things in my collection).

So… Here’s my 1500 pt list!

HQ

Kaldor Draigo (275)

TROOPS

5 Paladins (315)
1 Psycannon, Hammer
1 Psycannon, Halberd
1 SB, Sword
1 SB, Halberd
1 SB, Hammer

5 Paladins (315)
1 Psycannon, Hammer
1 Psycannon, Halberd
1 SB, Sword
1 SB, Halberd
1 SB, Hammer

HEAVY SUPPORT

Dreadknight (235)
Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter

Dreadknight (235)
Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter

TOTAL: 1375 pt

With the remaining points I've thought about giving some extra stuff to my Paladins, for example MC the 4 Psycannon and the 2 Hammers (+30 pt), and give Great Sword to the NDKs (+50 pt). Or I can remove the PT to the NDKs, give them a Great Sword and investing the remaining -roughly- 225 pt into a 10-man Strike Squad with 2 psycannon or an Interception Squad. Maybe change pala to termy and draigo to GM could works Question

Suggestions? Also tactic-tricks are welcome because, as I said before, I didn't play WH40K in the last 6 years No

Thanks all in advance!

1ale4
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-24

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 GK List - Double Dreadknight Empty Re: 1500 GK List - Double Dreadknight

Post by SmokinBrown Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:46 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile
I'm afraid you only have 125 points left to play with, not 225 =/
Thats an extremely low unit count, even for GK's. definately consider taking more dudes, either just a strike squad or maybe some purifiers.
SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:49 pm

With the list is it current form I think that it will have trouble working, the dreadknights are a big threat and will draw a lot of firepower, the rest of the army has to be able to benifit form this and get in there face or remove threats with firepower, yours will not, the squads may have to be made into strike squads or crow purifiers with fast moving transports. Do not make them full squads, arm them with halbreds and a hammer, do not worry about psy cannons (maby one per squad).
The way I play them is at 1750, is with a land raider and 2 rhinos with a termie squad in the land raider (crusader) and the G.M, a strike squad and a purifier squad with 2 dread knights, the G.M can give the dreadknights scout but this in not necessary as they have a 30" move in the first turn so it is better given to the strike squad and the puri squad to get them 12" up the board before you start, or to hand out scoring to as many units as posible (puri squad first as the dread knights are not expected to live throught the game), I cannot see a point in deep striking the dreadknights or ourflanking them as they will not be on the board and drawing firepower from the rest of the force.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by 1ale4 Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:48 am

Thank you for the answers!

@SmokinBrown

SmokinBrown wrote:I'm afraid you only have 125 points left to play with, not 225 =/

Maybe it was a little messy, but I meant:

1ale4 wrote:Or I can remove the PT to the NDKs, give them a Great Sword and investing the remaining -roughly- 225 pt into a 10-man Strike Squad with 2 psycannon or an Interception Squad.

So 125 pt (remaining from the list) + 150 pt (2 PT removed) - 50 (2 Great Sword added) = 225 points

@first strike

Very good suggestions, I need a little time to change my list but today it'll be hard (I have guests and I have a lot of work to do) so I'll to do it tomorrow. So far I have in my "collection": 1 Crowe, 1 Draigo, 10 Terminators, 10 SS Grey Knights, 2 Dreadknight, 2 Rhino, 1 LR Crusader. There should be a way to make a nice 1500pt-list with double DK Very Happy

1ale4
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-03-24

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:29 pm

Have revised my list after some games on the weekend.
Mordrack, with 5 normal terminators
2 x Dread kinghts with incins and warp jump (keep them cheep as you will lose them and cannot get anything to make them harder)
Strike squad in a rhino (swords and a hammer and a psycannon, not a full squad)(this squad is there for objective holding and some fire support)(also this one is one of the lowest threats in my army)
Intercepter squad, 10 man one hammer, halbards and psy bolts
Psy rif dread (I know you do not like them but one is O.K., 5 is just plain wrong)
Vindie assissian.
This give you 2 to 3 units for fire support(psy rif, strike squad and vindi ass), and 4 units that are in the opps face from turn 1 (Mordrack and terminators, 2 x dreadkinghts and the interceptors)
I cannot recomend takeing the jump packs of the dreadkinghts (have played without them and the will not work (to slow and people can just ignore them for the first 2 turns and take the rest of the army apart)
Make sure that the dreadkinghts, mordrack and the interceptors are in the same part of the enemy line or they will be taken out one at a time.
Remeber, this is my list and the way that I play (I do not like gunline)you will find what you want. Play some games and see what come to the top.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content