Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game

2 posters

Go down

Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game Empty Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game

Post by DRaiGoWING Tue May 15, 2012 3:26 am

Hi guys,

I used to collect when I was younger but stopped about 7 years ago. I've kept in the loop somewhat but not with the rules and gaming or modelling, just the odd White Dwarf and checking out the Games Workshop site. I've recently decided to start again after having a child a year ago and needing something to do for myself. I decided to start Grey Knights as they sparked my interest as soon as they were released years ago.

The Tournament I've decided to work toward will be a 1750pt tournament over the course of 2 days. If anybody could please check it out and let me know of any mistakes or unwise decisions that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

HQ

Grand Master 205
Empyrean Brain Mines, Rad Grenades, Blind Grenades.

Librarian 180
Teleport Homer, Might Of Titan, The Summoning, Vortex Of Doom

Elites

Paladinx5
DH, MCH, H, MCFF, NFF

Troops

Terminatorsx7
Psycannon, DH, NFF, MCH, Hx3

Terminatorsx7
Psycannon, DH, NFF, MCH, Hx3

Fast attack

Interceptorsx10
MCInc, Inc.

Heavy Support

Dreadnought
2xTwin Linked Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo

The plan is to attach a HQ to each squad of Termies and use the homer to guide the deep striking Paladins. This will save the 5 models being shot to nothing from the beginning. The dread will provide covering fire, taking apart heavily armoured opponents and vehicles. The Interceptors will be made scoring by Grand Strategy and provide a nuisance from early on with the 2 Incinerators. Apparently two thirds of the games will be Take and Hold so I'll need as many scoring units as possible.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

DRaiGoWING
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 8
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game Empty Re: Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game

Post by DRaiGoWING Tue May 15, 2012 3:52 am

Also just came up with this alternatively.

HQ

Draigo 275pt

Librarian 180pt
MOT, Vortex, Summoning, Homer

Troops

Paladinx10 645pt
BB, Psycannon and Halb x 2, MCHx2, Hx2, Psybolt Ammo

Paladinx5 295pt (I include the NFF because theyre already made up)
MCNFF, NFF, MCG, H, DH

Fast Attack

Interceptorsx10
MCInc, Inc

comes to 1700 I think. so still a few points to spare. Maybe Psychic master 3 for Librarian or more MC Weapons.

DRaiGoWING
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game Empty Re: Help with 1750pt List for local upcoming game

Post by first strike Tue May 15, 2012 4:48 pm

Ok list 1
G.M- Rad and blind are great, not so brain mines, get psychoke if you can, also a NF Halb over the sword as it will have you striking at I7 Master craft it.
Lib- Tele hommer will work with Deep Striking but will not work with summoning (check FAQ), shrouding and scantuary are good spells to have and buff the army a lot more.
I would look at droping the palidins all together, and bringing the terminator squads up to 10 men each, this would give you the option to combat squad them for objective missions. Psy bolts as well.
Interceptors- Would like to see them with psycannons (I have seen them work with incins) and psy bolts.
Dreads- All good.
List 2
This list will have so little firepower that I cannot see it working.
Drop the 5 man squad
add an Apoth (for feel no pain) to the 10 man, add scrouding and Scant to the lib, drop homer and Summoning.
Add 2 single man paladin squads for extra scoring units (most people will just ignore them)
Drop the interceptors down to 5 man squad (more if you can afford them) and add some Psi Rifle Dreads.
The 10 man squad will take most of the enemies firepower but with a 2+ armour save, and you should be able to get a cover save against most shooting so you will have a 3+ cover save and feel no pain the should be able to handle it.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DRaiGoWING Tue May 15, 2012 5:16 pm

Great thanks mate, helps a lot

DRaiGoWING
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down