Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List

4 posters

Go down

Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List Empty Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List

Post by sephiroth00055 Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:07 pm

I have been a fan of the Grey Knights for years. I love the way that they look, and their fluff. I am also a fairly competitive player as well. So I figured I would come up with a Grey Knights list to try and satisfy both. Here is my list:

Brotherhood Champion - 100

Purifier Squad, 2x psycannon - 140

Grey Knight Strike Squad, 5x additional grey knights, 2x psycannon, daemon hammer - 230

Grey Knight Strike Squad, 5x additional grey knights, 2x psycannon, daemon hammer - 230

Purgation Squad, 4x psycannon - 180

Total - 1750

A total of 61 Grey Knights and 24 psycannons. I feel that this list will give any mechanized army a run for their money. It is also very good at getting rid of land raiders. I am interested in your opinions on this list and the competitiveness of Grey Knights in general. I am open to discussion , so please comment, Thank you.

sephiroth00055
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List Empty Re: Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List

Post by Zealadin Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:37 pm

If you want this kind of list I would suggest:

Upgrade (*cough*) the BC to Crowe.
Purifier squads (10) 4 PsyC, 4/5Halb, Hammer x3
Strike Squads (10) 2 PsyC, Hammer, PsyAmmo x3

You lose 6 PsyC, but your purifiers will be reasonable in CC, everything is scoring, and you can combat squad them and they are fearless. Your strike squads also get PsyAmmo (although you might need to tweak points to get this) but its a huge boon.
You lose astral aim though.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List Empty Re: Potential Grey Knight Players 1750pt List

Post by Corennus Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:08 am

actually he doesn't have to upgrade to Crowe, what he DOES need to do is downgrade the HQ to Inquisitors and give the army some Rhinos.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:21 am

actually he doesn't have to upgrade to Crowe, what he DOES need to do is downgrade the HQ to Inquisitors and give the army some Rhinos.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by sephiroth00055 Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Here is a redone version of the list that seems better:

Castellan Crowe

Purifier Squad, 5x additional grey knights, 4x psycannon , 5x nemesis force halberd, daemon hammer - 295

Purifier Squad, 5x additional grey knights, 4x psycannon , 5x nemesis force halberd, daemon hammer - 295

Purgation Squad, 1x additional grey knights, 4x psycannon 2x daemon hammer - 210

Purgation Squad, 1x additional grey knights, 4x psycannon 2x daemon hammer - 210

Total - 1750

I am unsure of what to do with the purgation squads. I had 60 points left over and decided to give the purgation squads each an extra grey knight and 2 daemon hammers. I would like to know if this is the right call. All comments and criticisms are appreciated.

sephiroth00055
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2011-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm

Corennus when I see a list with no vehicles I make the assumption that the person who created the list probably had this in mind because I do similar.
People don't just forget to give their whole force vehicles, they build it that way.
I prefer to help people work on their list rather than replace it.

That second list does look good, you can sit the Purgs totally behind cover and out of LoS if you need too, and you have a heap of PsyCannons with good combat punch.

It will be an extremely hard list to play, just because you will be susceptible to AP3 (blast) weapons.
You also aren't going to be highly mobile, but you have enough bodies to cover quite a bit of the feild.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:01 am

Personally I liked your first list better, but it's just a matter of taste. The sheer amount of Psycannons will definately destroy any vehicle there is, but only through focus fire. I'd also put some hammers on the Purifiers. One is enough for each squad.

For your second army, I would loose the hammers on the Purgs. If you like, try to squeeze them in a rhino for extra mobility. They can use the rhino as cover and astral aim your opponent's units to oblivion. The purgs are your fire support and IMHO you should include three units instead of 2. A librarian could also be a great addition to your army, but that'll require a little bit of tweaking.

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down