Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do?

4 posters

Go down

Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do? Empty Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do?

Post by arkmm Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:34 pm

Hiya, used to play a few years ago when it was daemonhunters. Now back and needing to write a 1750 list for a tournament coming up soon. Only just getting used to the new codex so after some advice on how you'd write the list.

I have the following models, please reply with some 1750 suggestions.

1x Stern (Although I always used to use him as a GM)
1x Inquistor
3x GK Term Justicar (all with halberd)
3x GK Term Incinerator
1x GK Term Psycannon
9x GK Term (50/50 swords and halberds)
2x GK Power Armour Justicar
2x GK Power Armour Incinerator
2x GK Power Armour Psycannon
6x GK Power Armour (halberds)
1x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Sergeant
7x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper (lasgun)
2x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper (grenade launcher)
2x Greyknight Dreadnought (Left arms either Doomfist+Hflamer OR Missile, Right arms either Assault OR Lascannon)
1x Land Raider
1x Land Raider Crusader (with multi-melta)
1x Techmarine
2x Gun Servitor
2x Servitor

So I would be appreciative if you could write some suggestions for a 1750 list based off of the models I have available

From what I've been looking at so far I'm considering sticking the HQ with one lot of terms and the techmarine with the other. Perhaps throwing rad grenades on each of the characters?

arkmm
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-02-23

Back to top Go down

Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do? Empty Re: Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do?

Post by DonFer Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:16 pm

I recommend to try and give us a list and we can help you tweak it. There are lots of ideas I can think of with what you have, but I really can't say what your playing style is, or what strategy will suit you best.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do? Empty Re: Your opinion a 1750pt tournament list. What would you do?

Post by arkmm Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:55 am

Sure, I've been using the following for the last couple of weeks:

1x Grand Master
-Rad Grenades

10x Terminators
-Incinerator
-Psycannon

9x GK Power Armour (Strike Squad)
-Halberds
-Psycannon
-Incinerator
-Psybolt Ammo

1x Dreadnought
-Heavy Flamer
-Assault Cannon
-Psyflame
-Psybolt

1x Land Raider
-Storm Bolter
-Psybolt

1x Land Raider Crusader
-Multi-Melta
-Hunter-Killer
-Psybolt

1x Techmarine
-Rad Grenades
-Orbital Relay

Might have forgotten a bit of wargear but that should come to about 1750. Bear in mind this is my list for club games and the list I'm in need of now will be for a tourny!

arkmm
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:50 pm

The grand master could be used as a lib, give this a try for a few games.
Terminators, I assume that you are spliting them and placing them in the landraiders
Strike squad is wrong, you cannot have a 9 man squad with 2 heavy weapons
Land raider crusader, I would not add psybolts to it, this makes the bolters S5 and therefore cannot shoot 80% of the time.
Techmarine, While I love this guy, I dont see what he is doing for your army.
Bring hammers for in all squads, 1 hammer to every 5 men (we do not get melta guns if you are running pure G.K and you will need them to deal with some armies.
If you are looking to get some more mins then I would recomend 2 razorbacks for the strike squad, makeing it 2x5 man squads, define there roles (haveing a 10 man squad (yours was 9) with 2 different weapons is just wrong, you will not always combat squad and then one of the weapons is doing nothing 40% of the time. The dreds will benifit form some new arms, make them psy rifles.
At this point your techie is looking more useable as the army has become more long range.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by arkmm Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:06 pm

The terminator squad is splitting in two, the Grand Master was accompanying one half and the Techmarine the other.

At least, that's what I was doing before.

Hammers would be good, but it's more money to spend and I don't have a lot of that right now!

arkmm
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:55 pm

You can place half the terminator squad and the G.M in the crusader and palce the 9 man strike squad and the techie in the other, if you were to do this then I would keep the incinerator in the squad, drop the Orbital Relay and add psychoke grenades to both the G.M and the Techie, also change the terminators to 2 psycannons and keep them both on the board.
As for money, try e bay for bits sellers you should be able to get them at a good price.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 am

1x Stern (Although I always used to use him as a GM)
1x Inquistor
3x GK Term Justicar (all with halberd)
3x GK Term Incinerator
1x GK Term Psycannon
9x GK Term (50/50 swords and halberds)
2x GK Power Armour Justicar
2x GK Power Armour Incinerator
2x GK Power Armour Psycannon
6x GK Power Armour (halberds)
1x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper Sergeant
7x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper (lasgun)
2x Inquisitorial Stormtrooper (grenade launcher)
2x Greyknight Dreadnought (Left arms either Doomfist+Hflamer OR Missile, Right arms either Assault OR Lascannon)
1x Land Raider
1x Land Raider Crusader (with multi-melta)
1x Techmarine
2x Gun Servitor
2x Servitor

Looking at your list:
1x Grand Master
-Rad Grenades
Try to add pyscotroke grenades, Incinerator, servo- skulls, blind grenades
10x Terminators
-Incinerator
-Psycannon
I would take this to 7man unit with a Pyscannon (Pyscannon will be handy if you need to blow a rrhino up and assault the occupants too. - to go in the LRC

9x GK Power Armour (Strike Squad)
-Halberds
-Psycannon
-Incinerator
-Psybolt Ammo
I would make this 10man for sure, add a hammer, 2 incinerators will probably more useful while inside a land raider

1x Dreadnought
-Heavy Flamer
-Assault Cannon
-Psyflame
-Psybolt
Use a lascannon as a proxy twin-linked autocannon? - you could get away with a proxy twin-linked autocannon (upside down lascannon on left arm) and assault cannon together. That would be a lot better than what it is now - and bring a lot of firepowers
1x Land Raider
-Storm Bolter
-Psybolt

1x Land Raider Crusader
-Multi-Melta
-Hunter-Killer
-Psybolt
Remember pysbolts make strength 5 therefore the hurricanes are not defensive weapons

1x Techmarine
-Rad Grenades
-Orbital Relay
If you can make.a venerable dreadnought like the assaultcannon/twin-linked autocannon build instead of this guy. He's cool but I just don't feel his points are worth it

Hope this helps.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down