Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think

5 posters

Go down

New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think Empty New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think

Post by CamCam Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:55 pm

Hey this is my first attempt at a beginning 750 pt list after reading the gk codex and doing a little research. Please feel free to comment and criticize in any way you want.

HQ- Brotherhood Champion 100pts

Elites- 5 Terminators w/ psycannon, daemon hammer, 3 halberds, and psybolt ammo 245 pts

Troops- 10 man grey knight strike squad w/ 2 psycannons, 2 daemon hammers, and 6 halberds 270 pts

Heavy- dreadnought w/ 2 twin-linked autocannons and psybolt ammo 135pts

Total- 750pts

So pretty standard, my basic strategy is to move the termies up to provide cover and and make way for the strike squad, and the dread plus all the psycannons should take care of any armor.

CamCam
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-03-04

Back to top Go down

New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think Empty Re: New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think

Post by Rivan Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:00 pm

Welcome to the forums Brother!

Not a bad 750 list for your first time Smile

Just a couple of suggestions...
- I would transfer the psybolt ammo to the 10-man strike squad. It becomes more cost effective that way plus you have a lot more S5 stormbolters.
- The 5pts/halberd for the strike squad is a little too expensive for models w/ 1 attack base IMO. If you take out the halberds and maybe 1 hammer, you have enough points to add another terminator w/ a halberd. I know having 2 hammers is better than one but having another terminator I think makes up for it.

The terminators will be your shock troops with 4 halberds (if you add another termie) while your strike squad provides a lot of S5 and S7 shots. Just my two cents...

Enjoy your stay!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think Empty Re: New to Warhammer 40k 750pt army tell me what you think

Post by CamCam Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:11 pm

Thanks brother!
I am very new so I wasn't quite sure about unit specialization and stuff like that but you definitely cleared some things up. I will definitely implement ur suggestions!
Thanks again Smile

CamCam
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by CamCam Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:24 pm

And also when I eventually expand the army I want to make it an interceptor army. Any wargear and strategy tips you could give to me?

CamCam
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Interceptors are a good tactical unit, and if your army includes a G.Master he can turn them into scoring units which just makes them even better. Again they are expensive and you will not be looking to put halbards on them, 10 man with swords a hammer on the justicar, 2 psy cannons and psy bolts will do well, you do not want to be close enough to use the incins and at double the cost of a psycannon, I do not see the point. Use them to as long range mobile shoters and late game objective grabbers.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamCam Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:53 am

Alright thank you for your suggestions Smile this thread has given me wonderful insight into how to now build my army!

CamCam
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:17 am

Brother first strike is right on the money with that Interceptor load out. Giving them S5 stormbolters gives them an effective 36" range (with their movement). With psycannons, they can easily snipe side armor on vehicles.

However, there is also value in giving them an incinerator. I know its double the cost of a psycannon, but sometimes you need something that will effectively take out troublesome units like Scouts, Tau pathfinders, Eldar rangers/pathfinders, IG ratling snipers, etc. These units have Stealth that gives them very good cover saves. A well placed AP4 template means 2's to kill these guys with no saves Very Happy

When I do run a 10-man Interceptor squad, I'll usually give them 1 incinerator and 1 psycannon and psybolts. This way, I have the option to combat squad them and 1 unit can be assigned to stay at range and snipe and the other unit can take out specific targets in cover Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:00 am

welcome on board brother ... GKIS are good with or without cinnies or psycannons : the load out depending a lot of the role you want to give them Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:07 pm

Yes interceptors can be effective with both load outs, but with the cost of them I dont like getting that close unless I know that I will come out on top. With CamCam being a new player he may not be able to get the timing right for a little bit and will make mistakes to start with, but yes, the incins are worth a go.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Driz1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:13 pm

I think the most effective loadout on an interceptor squad is 10man 1 Hammer 2 Psycannons and psybolt ammo. You can pen vehicles etc, get side armor but also the volume of fire that unit will put down field will shred at an equally effective rate as incinerators and save you points.

Now on the other hand if you KNOW your facing necrons take incinerators. You could shunt and wipe a swath of them out in 1 turn of fire.

Driz1
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down