Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750pt Single objective list.

+3
NemesisForce
elugin
Strasz
7 posters

Go down

750pt Single objective list. Empty 750pt Single objective list.

Post by Strasz Mon May 03, 2010 10:04 am

Hi everyone

I'm looking for some ideas on for a 750 list to be used in a Multiple player game with a single objective. These games are usually a 4 player free-for-all with the player closest to the objective winning the game. This objective is not marked, but at the center of the table, usually under a large piece of terrain. Game is 4 turns long with a potential 5th. With 4 players contesting 1 objective it becomes a little crazy toward the end. You are also allowed to shoot into combat as long as you don't have any troops fighting in it.

I was thinking of using at least some mech in the list to protect the rather expensive troops and potentially tank shock into the middle if need be. This is where a LR comes in to move up jump out shoot/flamer and assault to try and claim, but this is alot of points for such a small points total. Other option would be 2 rhinos, but then you cant have a BC or GM.

I was thinking something along these lines:

BC with hammerhand
5man PAGK: 2 incinerators
5man PAGK: 2 psycannons in a Rhino
Land Raider:

Thus far I have been playing my Eldar in these games, but wanted to give the Knights a run. The other players are running quite a bit of mech as well and regularly see duel battlewagon or LR builds. Any ideals would be welcome.
Strasz
Strasz
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 48
Army : Grey Knights / Eldar
Registration date : 2009-09-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

750pt Single objective list. Empty Re: 750pt Single objective list.

Post by elugin Mon May 03, 2010 10:33 am

Based on your experience, do these heavy tanks usually survive the battle? If not, the LR would be a waste of points. I mean, every player would likely bring a "can opener" or two to the center of the table where, according to your description, crazy things happen.
I would suggest a different tactic. Drop the LR and bring a GK dreadnought with lascannon, good for hand to hand against other troops and as an antitank, and more troops. Or a GM with terminators. Move slowly, use cover, shoot a lot and let the others fight each other in the center. Preserve your men to engage in hand to hand only at the last turn... but that's probably what everyone else does. It looks to me that more troops will repay you more than a tank shot at 250 pts.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon May 03, 2010 10:51 am

I agree with elugin. I'm thinking that if your LR makes the objective it ain't going to last long and that's a lot of points gone poof. This may be a good situation where you might think of some deep-striking units to make up for the lack of mobility. Remember also that GK's cannot ride in Rhinos.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Strasz Mon May 03, 2010 12:02 pm

Thanks for the feedback thus far, a dreadnought is definitely something to consider which did not jump to mind right away. In past games the battlewagons have done really well, due to the custom force field thingy giving cover and being repaired the whole time and the only thing reliably killing LR have been the deff rolla's on the BWs.

If I do go with the Dread, would you suggest still keeping 2 incinerators in the one squad or swapping it out for psycannon or just drop it completely. Sorry for all the questions, I just havent actually played the knights in ages and never in this low points.
Strasz
Strasz
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gioz Mon May 03, 2010 3:45 pm

A 35 points Inquisitor with combi-meltagun can be your can opener, against LR or battlewagons. In a normal game I'd never suggested it, in a kill-point mission is a suicide Razz
But here you can attach him to a GK squad to let him arrive, fire his melta, and then let him absorb 2 wounds that will normally be allocated to your precious gk Wink
Gioz
Gioz
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 28
Army : DH
Registration date : 2008-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Border Tue May 11, 2010 6:35 pm

Strasz wrote:

I was thinking something along these lines:

BC with hammerhand
5man PAGK: 2 incinerators
5man PAGK: 2 psycannons in a Rhino
Land Raider:

Thus far I have been playing my Eldar in these games, but wanted to give the Knights a run. The other players are running quite a bit of mech as well and regularly see duel battlewagon or LR builds. Any ideals would be welcome.

Read page 30 of the DH Codex. You will read that only the unit that can take a Transport can ride in that transport, no other unit can use it.

Thus your PAGK cannot take the Rhino.

Disregard if you are using house rules.
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue May 11, 2010 7:05 pm

If you wanted to bring cheese, not much at 750 can deal with mass gkt, so 5st 5st 9 GKT would be a tough list to beat.
5st
5st
6 termie
6 termie

What I might do is bring
8GK
8GK
elite inquis with combi melta
elite inquis with combi melta
HQBC w/ hammerhand retinue of 3 termie with holocaust

The idea is to have the two GK squads with meltas nearby to deal with vehicles/dreads, and give the HQ hammerhand to deal with the same. Run the 8gk+inquis in front screening the GK, who get into cc and holocaust/ruin peoples day.

The other option is Dread heavy, as our dreads edge out most others due to ws5. las would be ok, i might do melta
dread melta smoke ea CCW
dread melta smoke ea ccw
5 Stormtroopers, rhino smoke, 2 meltas
5 stormtroopers, rhino smoke, 2 meltas
5 GKT

You have 6 melta shots at 750 points, melting most marine squads and vehicles. You loose rhinos and st easy, but should have a dread and termie holding objective with smart use of smoke.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Tue May 11, 2010 10:28 pm

Heh, I love Brother MJS's tactics and plans. It'll be a treat to see what he does plan wise with our new codex >Very Happy
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Strasz Wed May 12, 2010 12:44 am

Thanks for all the advice. I used 2 dreads and 2 6man GK squads this past weekend and it went quite well.
Strasz
Strasz
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down