Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2k Alpha Strike

4 posters

Go down

2k Alpha Strike Empty 2k Alpha Strike

Post by Valtron Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:47 pm

I enjoy naming my lists, so the name I came up with for this one is Alpha Strike because it plays like the initial Grey Knight assault into the heart of the enemy.

HQ

Mordrak + 4 Ghost Knights w/ Brotherhood Banner

Librarian lvl 3 w/ warding stave, teleport homer, 3 servo-skulls, Quicksilver, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, The Summoning, and Warp Rift

Troops

5 Terminators w/ Psycannon, Brotherhood Banner, 2 halberds, 1 daemon hammer, and 1 sword

5 Terminators w/ Psycannon, Brotherhood Banner, 2 halberds, 1 daemon hammer, and 1 sword

Fast Attack

5 Interceptors w/ 5 halberds

Heavy Support

Dreadnought w/ 2 sets of TL Autocannons, Psybolt ammo, and warp stabilization field

Dreadnought w/ 2 sets of TL Autocannons, Psybolt ammo, and warp stabilization field

Total = 2000

Everything starts in reserve, servo-skulls are deployed near objectives or in open areas; Grand Strategy is used for whatever seems most helpful. The Librarian joins Mordrak and deepstrikes first turn, either warp rifting something or running into cover. Turn 2, Mordrak uses Psychic Communion to bring in the Terminators and Dreadnoughts (the Interceptors stay in reserve till turn 3 or 4). Dreadnoughts give range support while Mordrak and the other Termmy units charge.

Haven't played with this specific list yet, but I'll post the results when I do.
Valtron
Valtron
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 9
Army : Grey Knights and Tyranids
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2k Alpha Strike Empty Re: 2k Alpha Strike

Post by sabian Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:35 pm

Looks like a lot of fun, interested to see how it works for you.
sabian
sabian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 123
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:04 am

Level 3 Lib, BhB's on the 5 man GKT squads and Warp Stabilisation fields seem a waste of points to me.

Level 3 simply isn't worth the cost, the BhB gives 4 attacks at the price of 2/3 (in these small squad sizes), and realistically you'll probably sit those dreadnoughts on one of your own objectives with a squad of GKT.

With the low amount of models I'd recommend trying to get two 10 man squads of GKT with PsyAmmo, combat squadding them. If you have 10 man squads and choose not to CS, then the Banner is alot more worthwhile.

Good list concept though,
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:47 am

and remember the summoning cant use teleport homers, so when it starts to get crowded up there, or if you just have a bad roll, you have a solid chance of mishapping the unit.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtron Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:32 pm

Alright, thanks for the advice. The updated list looks like this:

HQ

Mordrak and 5 Ghost Knights w/ Brotherhood Banner

Librarian lvl 2 w/ warding stave, teleport homer, 3 servo-skulls, Quicksilver, Might of Titan, Sanctuary, The Summoning, and Warp Rift

Troops

10 Terminators w/ 2 Psycannons, Brotherhood Banner, and Psybolt ammo

5 Terminators w/ Psycannon, Brotherhood Banner, and Psybolt ammo

Fast Attack

5 Interceptors w/ 3 halberds and 1 Incinerator

Heavy Support

Dreadnought w/ 2 sets of TL Autocannons and Psybolt ammo

Total = 2000

Question: Should I replace the Incinerator on the Interceptors with Psybolt ammo? Also, where does it say that teleport homers don't work with The Summoning, I was under the impression that "being summoned" was being teleported.
Valtron
Valtron
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Sadly, impressions don't count, only what is written. Razz Check out the wording on summoning and the wording on teleport homer. If you're still confused, check some threads on this forum about it using search or post again and I'll explain in more detail. It's one of the most often misunderstood GK rules at first, but also one everyone agrees on when they look closer/its explained.

I think the interceptors are stronger with an incinerator. It might be closer on a large squad, but the ability to go 30 and flame that guard or nid or pathfinder squad sitting out of sight is far better than getting a slightly stronger bolter on a handful of dudes. Even against t3 4+ xenos the psybolts cause maybe three wounds from the whole squad, while the flamers alone does 4 and u still have bolters. That squad won't be marine hunting, they'll be jumping in to contest or hitting squishies, so make em good at it.

Oh and the incinerator often does better against marines too

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtron Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:53 pm

K, I'll take your word for it.
Valtron
Valtron
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:56 am

Valtron wrote:K, I'll take your word for it.

Razz you're no fun.

For anyone else reading this confused, the teleport Homer says that it works on "strike squads, interceptor squads, or models in terminator armor" that "wish to teleport ONTO the battlefield via deep strike and choose to do so within 6 inches". It also stipulates that the homer "only works for units that are teleporting, not other means.

The fluff goes on about how its only used by units teleporting down from strike cruisers, but fluff doesn't count, its just good to know their intention.

The summoning "immediately removes" a unit and then "places it within 6 inches of the librarian using deep strike rules."

Teleporting is a special king of deep strike. All teleports are deep strike, not all deep strikes are teleports. Many codexs so far have defined teleporting, its a special type of deep strike allowed even if the mission doesn't allow it. As summoning is just being placed by deep strike, not teleporting, summoning doesn't work.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valtron Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:28 pm

You'd think that would have been in the FAQ
Valtron