Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants)

+3
Brother Blutcher
Rivan
librisrouge
7 posters

Go down

1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants) Empty 1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants)

Post by librisrouge Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:18 pm

I took on my brother-in-law today with the new Grey Knight rules. Quite fun but I was limited by what models I have (only have two squads of old metal GKs.)

My List-
Librarian - NF Sword, Quickening, and Might of Titan

Malleus Inquisitor - Daemonblade (Vampire and Poison) and Combi-Melta

Elt-
Vindicare Assassin

Trp-
Grey Knight Terminators x5 - Incinerator/MCNF Hammer, NF Sword/Storm Bolterx4

Grey Knights x10 - Incinerator x2, NF Hammer, NF Sword, and NF Halberd x6

Hvy-
Psyflman Dreadnought

Land Raider Crusader - PM Multi-Melta

Land Raider Redeemer - PM Multi-Melta

His Dogs:
HQ-
Rune Priest - Chooser, Runic Armor, Living Lightning, and Storm Caller

Wolf Priest - SM Bike, Runic Armor, Meltabombs, and Saga of the Beastslayer (he was expecting to fight a friend of his Tyranids)

Elt-
Lone Wolf - Terminator Armor and Storm Shield

Trp-
Grey Hunters x10 - Plasmagun x2, Wolf Standard, and Powerfist
Rhino

Grey Hunters x10 - Meltagun x2, Wolf Standard, and Powerfist
Rhino

Grey Hunters x9 - Flamer, Wolf Standard, and Powerfist
Rhino

Fst-
Swiftclaws x8 (I think) - Attack Bike (MM), Meltagun, and Powerfist

Hvy-
Predator - AC/HBs

Predator - AC/LCs

We rolled Seize Ground (3 Objectives) and Dawn of War. We had two obelisks on the left (each with an objective near by) and road down the middle and a Farm House on the right (the final objective.) I won the roll off and gave him first turn.

Turn 1: We both can on and moved but speed, popping smoke on anything that wasn't hiding. The assassin behind the LRR.

SW Turn 2:The RP and flamer GHs claim the farmhouse objective from their rhino. The bikes move backwards to get away from the LRR until they can do something more. The Lone Wolf moves 11 (five inch run.) The LC predator stunnes my Redeemer.

GK Turn 2:I forgot about Fortitude (would continue to do so) but still shot the TLAC at the predator that stunned it. Together with the LRC and the Assassin I blew off a lascannon, immobilized it, and shook/stunned it. Both Land Raiders now claim the obelisk objectives. The Dread wrecks the Dakka Predator (he game me side armor.)

SW Turn 3:His whole army closes on the obelisks (the lone wold contests the one claimed by the LRR.) The Rune Priest stays and holds the farm house with his Grey Hunters. The meltagun from the swiftclaws stun the LRC ( MM missed but the melta hit and rolled a six.)

GK Turn 3:The Assassin Shield Breakers the Lone Wolf who is promptly slain by the LRR. The Dread wiffs on the plasma rhino. The LRC succeeds though and blows up the plasma rhino (did nine wounds , but only killed one .)

SW Turn 4:The Meltagun Grey Hunters wreck the LRC and my Terminators are pinned . The Plasma hunters kill a terminators (wounding the Inquisitor too.)

GK Turn 4:Terminators are pinned. The Assassin stuns the last predator. The Dread wrecks the Melta Grey Hunter Rhino. The LRR moves to the other side of it's objective and burns four members of the plasma Grey Hunters.

SW Turn 5:The army, mostly on foot, advances to try and take out the LRR. Only the swiftclaws get within melta rang. They get one hit but roll three to penetrate. Other squads that can't reach shoot at the terminators on their objective (wounding both characters.)

GK Turn 5:The LRR takes advantage of the proximity and shoots at the swiftclaws (through the remaining plasma Grey Hunters!) He wipes out the Grey Hunters and, along with the Dread, kills all the Swiftclaws but the attack bike, the meltagunner, and the priest. The inquisitor and Librarian had moved away from the terminators to hopefully delay the melta Grey Hunters from contesting their objective. Though they killed five through shooting and combat they both were killed by the remaining squad but they only massacred 2 inches.

Well, my LR firepower kept him at bay 'til now but he'd be on the terminators in turn six. Thankfully he rolled a two and didn't get that chance. Hehe...

Post-game thoughts:

* Psychic defense is important against Grey Knights, assuming they remember their powers (only tried for Hammerhand and Quicksilver and he stopped Hammerhand.)
* Risking turn 6 or 7 might just lose you the game.
* Psyflman Dreadnoughts!!!!
* Inquisitors may be cheap but that is because they don't do much sadly. Awe well he was fun.
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants) Empty Re: 1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants)

Post by Rivan Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Nice batrep! Possibility of getting pinned or falling back is something will have to get used to now Sad
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants) Empty Re: 1500 Grey Knights vs. Space Wolves (mutants)

Post by Brother Blutcher Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:20 pm

I really have a problem with radical inquisitors fielded beside holly GKs....
Nonethless thx for the battle rreport, your list is interesting.
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:55 pm

Clash of the Power Dexes. Smile Love it. Congrats on the win. Yeah, I forgot about pinning as well. This is gonna take some adjustment methinks.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:19 am

i really regret the fearless rule ... i don't think i'll get used to pinning situations Suspect
take purifiers will do the trick i guess.
congrats for the win brother
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Grandmaster Markus Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:05 am

Hey I'm new here btw but I like what you did here, out of the ordinary and interesting. Plus its nice to see rules with the new codex being used, I look forward to seeing more lists. Anyways though, congratulations on your win.
Grandmaster Markus
Grandmaster Markus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 8
Army : Grey Knights and Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2011-03-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:33 am

Welcome to the forum GM Markus! Glad to have you onboard! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by librisrouge Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:59 pm

I appreciate the comments. Thanks for the support. Welcome to the forum. I'm hardly old hat but it is nice to see this place grow.
librisrouge
librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:41 am

Nice bat rep. nice to see one of the most deadly assault armies get stopped!

As far as Inquisitors go i think it really depends on the daemonblade. With the right rolls it can become a real powerhouse of a weapon.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down