Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

+30
rogueuk
GMKDynamis
Grimhack
Brother Ezekiel
MJSwasey
Zealadin
Driz1
itsuperslug
Slind
DarkRonin
Primarch
Sai
Brother Blutcher
raven925
DonFer
Aurellian
Aubec le noir
Souba
Border
elugin
Nygo
da master
Valten
NemesisForce
Constantine
Rivan
hardrainfalling
n00bk1ng
madbakery
Krazy Bob
34 posters

:: Community

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Post by Sai Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:38 pm

They hired a foreign designer who was a big fan of the Discworld series. When they said 'we need a librarian for the Grey Knights' this is what he came up with.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!! - Page 4 Empty Re: THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!!

Post by Border Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

My roommate said the the Jokaero has been around "lore" wise for ages. Also, Inquisitors deal will all kinds of Xenos on a daily basis. If its for the greater good they abide.

Here is a link to some of the background knowledge of the Jokaero.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Jokaero

"The Jokaero are famous for creating the miniaturized weapons known as digital weapons, some examples of which have ended up in the hands of Imperial agents. Such weapons are very rare as only the Jokaero have the aptitude to manufacture them."

This could be why they added them.
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Border Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 pm

Also, we can now say I am going to go "Ape#$% on your a%$" and laugh are the horrible pun...

sigh, my apologies Razz
Border
Border
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 164
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

http://www.kbanadyga.com

Back to top Go down

Post by madbakery Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:29 pm

I Like the Jokaero although I think he should be holding a gun!
madbakery
madbakery
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Knights, Orks, Blood Angels
Registration date : 2010-10-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://monkeychow_forthemonkeys@hotmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:59 pm

I actually am thinking the new GKT are worse than the old ones....
Anyone else think that too? They are alot more chunky from what I have seen.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

I think that it tends to come from the helmet. It seems larger then it was before for some reason. Could be the pictures. What I'm thinking of right now as the non-helmet heads of the Grey Knights are blah, is what they would possibly look like if they had a hooded head, like the one from the Dark Angel upgrade kit. Should be cool.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:31 pm

Zealadin wrote:I actually am thinking the new GKT are worse than the old ones....
Anyone else think that too? They are alot more chunky from what I have seen.

After seeing the actual sprues, I think they look really good. The fact that the legs are separate from the torsos, you can really make dynamic poses IMHO. The details are also astounding! Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:02 pm

Hmmm the chests seem alot thicker and more rounded than the old ones.
The GWS guy was only putting them together yesterday but the pictures make them look not quite as nice as the older terminators who I think had a more balanced set of proportions. I could be wrong, but I'll have to wait and see them in person.

Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:01 am

New codex is great!

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:56 am

Yeah we kinda knew that allready,but thanks for depressing us,the GKs enemies,even more.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by hardrainfalling Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:09 am

we have enemies on this forum quick alert the inqusition !
to be honest most daemon armies will be owned soo easily (and i also play daemons) particualry by purge squads using astral aim so even if you deep strike behind cover they still blast you,

hardrainfalling
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 121
Army : Greyknights/ eldar/ guard/ daemons
Registration date : 2011-02-08

http://www.storm-crow.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:12 am

Zealadin wrote:Hmmm the chests seem alot thicker and more rounded than the old ones.
The GWS guy was only putting them together yesterday but the pictures make them look not quite as nice as the older terminators who I think had a more balanced set of proportions. I could be wrong, but I'll have to wait and see them in person.

Hmmmmm....... GW and proportions in the same sentence. Now there's something you don't see every day Razz
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 am

Zealadin, I agree that the old terminators do look better than the new ones. But I'm willing to conceed that the new kits are still fantastic, in that there is a huge amount of variety in both the terminator and PAGK box sets.

What I like is how the one PAGK box can be kitted out to be any PAGK unit in out dex. It also means that we won't have to scour the internet for psycannons and incinerator bitz to create our purgation squads.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:24 am

i prefer the old termies too, but see the plastic new ones as parts box for conversions ! Razz

jokaeros don't really bother me ... don't include them if you want and that's all but their capabilities are awesome imho.
here an infinity model (or reaper ?) to be a very decent jokaero with gun !! Wink
http://img54.xooimage.com/files/c/0/d/50214_p_1_mp-2599a66.jpg
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:47 am

Agreed Aubec. I'm not understanding the hoopla that's happening around them on other sites. They're just 1 of many henchmen choices, not an entire unit that takes up a FO slot.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by hardrainfalling Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:01 am

cortez and some other inquistors now up for sale as single figures including the awesome van helsing like one with plasma pistol (one of my favourates )

hardrainfalling
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 121
Army : Greyknights/ eldar/ guard/ daemons
Registration date : 2011-02-08

http://www.storm-crow.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:09 am

Oh, now you can get the metal B-C as a single. Where the hell was he the last 8 years when I really wanted him? That's some skimpy powerfist on the van Helsing =I=. What really was it before? A needle gun? Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nygo Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:37 am

I quite like the fits-like-a-glove powerfist, it seems they're really trying to push the whole 'pre-heresy tech' theme with all these new models.
Nygo
Nygo
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 44
Army : Tyranids, Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

http://themightywalrus.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:46 am

It has always been a powerfist, the model didn't change.
But you might be confusing him with a conversion done on him? (bottem right) THE LORDS OF TITAN HAVE ARRIVED!!! - Page 4 43936_md-28mm%2C%20%3D%5D%5B%3Dmunda%2C%20Inquisition%2C%20Inquisitor%2C%20Necromunda%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000

But that aside, it's a fantastic model
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:56 am

It is a fantastic model, I've been waiting for the propa chance to pick him up. Just gotta wait a bit until I'm done with picking up the GK stuff. Though I am glad that Coteaz hasn't gone anywhere, but I am curious as to what happened to the rest of the models that went with his box, especially the dead baby.

With that Brother-Captain model, I can definitely see the possible conversion possibilities now for it (more then before) since it no longer comes in the GKT box set.

PRAISE THE EMPEROR!!!
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:57 am

FIW, The Jokaero are an original alien race described in full in the Rogue Trader Book (1st Ed WH40k). They have stats, minor and major heroes and even ships and weapons described. If you can find a copy, take a look it's really interesting (it's on the internet if you can find it Cool
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 pm

Its a bit of a strange step for GWS though.
The inquisition is generally even more xenophobic than the rest of the imperium, which is saying ALOT, and despite the codex being "Grey Knights" not "Daemon Hunters" is a huge leap of faith to suddenly be including non human races. If it was something cool, then it would have been met with a better reception, but its a monkey and pretty ugly.
They should have gone for a planet of the apes kind of design instead of a orangutang in the zoo design.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:43 am

in the GW web site : there's the confirmed fluff that the Emperor decided to create the GK in the late hours of the Horus Heresy and give the task to his trusted Malcador the Sigilite. and the write the yes, the gene seeds used is RUMORED to be the Emperor's ones.
i'll check the fluuf of the codex today to see if there's something else.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:00 am

I completly agrée with Brother Zeal....
@ Brother Aubec: this is the cheesy awesome part of the fluff in the Dex, and more over if it is true!!!!!!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:02 am

and it corroborates my vision of the GK creation : using the SM untainted and strong willed of the lost legions and incorporating the Emperor gene seeds ... it's how i saw it anyway Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next