Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights

+3
Rivan
Constantine
Brother Malleus
7 posters

Go down

Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights Empty Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights

Post by Brother Malleus Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:30 am

HQ
Brotherhood Champion – 100

Elites
10 Man Purifier Squad, 4 Psycannons, 5 Halberds, Hammer, Razorback, Assault Cannon, Psybolt - 400

Troops
5 Man Strike Squad, Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback with Assault Cannon, Psybolt – 195

5 Man Strike Squad, Hammer, Psycannon, Razorback with Assault Cannon, Psybolt – 195

5 Man Strike Squad, Hammer, Psycannon – 110

1000 points

This is what I am currently considering as my first Warhammer 40k army, I have read the rules and the codex constantly for the last month or so and am looking forward to getting my list built (magnets yay!) and putting the theory into practise.

Since I mentioned theory I will give a breakdown of my thoughts.

Combat Squad the purifiers so I have a Hammers and 4 x Halberd as my close combat element which I will add the Brotherhood Champion to for a lovely face smash\counter unit. The remaining 4 x Psycannons and Hammer should give me 8 shots on the move or 16 stationary so I have a mobile firesupport unit and something that can potentially bail out my home bunker squad.

5 Man SS - Home Bunker, sit and look threatening on my home objective, add more shots to the fire support element of the purifiers.

The other two SS Squads will provide the 24" of death as is common in our armies.

So what do you guys think of the list, C & C is more then welcome

Last edited by Brother Malleus on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : Parragons of Titan (GK), Grand Duchy of L'Anguille (Bretonnian)
Registration date : 2011-12-08

Back to top Go down

Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights Empty Re: Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights

Post by Constantine Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:33 pm

Will a 4x hammer squad be too slow? I would be concerned that they would die before they got to strike back...
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights Empty Re: Parragons of Titan - 1000pts Pure Grey Knights

Post by Rivan Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:40 pm

Trying to understand where your 4x hammers are in your purifier squad scratch You have 4 w/ psycannons and 5 w/ halberds w/c only leaves 1 with a hammer.

Not bad for a 1000pt list. Good number of bodies w/ 3 tanks.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Its a typo its meant to be 4 x Halberds, 1 x Hammer, i'll change it now

Thanks I been lurking on this forum for a while and decided that I would step out of the shadows and get involved, just need my magnets to arrive, all my models are clipped and cleaned

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:12 am

So from what you guys can see what would you recommend as an expansion to 1,500 I don't want any Dreadknights as I can't stand the site of that thing but I do want some more long range threat so was thinking dreadnaughts as I feel I have a good enough counter threat unit in my purifier cc combat squad

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:55 am

a psyfledread is definitively a good option of expansion ...but don't forget the Librarian which is nearly a must-go for small points armies.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:15 am

I'd look towards a GrandMaster personally which will allow you to take some purifiers as troops or use the grand strategy for something else.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 am

I thought that Crowe was the one that made Purifiers troops....

Grand strategy looks like it could be of some use as potentially with a list you could tailor your force to counter someone else's.

I do like the libby as well and shrouding seems to be a very popular choice for obvious reasons.

I keep coming back to the Purgation Squad (In my Meta there are a LOT of Orc and Imperial Guard players and not much MEq maybe another 2 armies) plus they really appeal to me from a Redemptionist background

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:08 am

truth is : play as you like and try any appealing units you want !! Wink
there's no better army list that the one you like to play with and that you know well ! cheers
personally i wouldn't use purgation squad instead of a libbie or a psyfledread or even a GM, but yeah... my truth is not yours and as soon as you have pleasure to play your army : your list is as good as mine ! Wink Razz
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:37 am

Most lists grow as opposed to just being added too as points rise.
You'll often find you need a redesign as your list gets bigger unless your purely basing it on a MSU concept from the start.

Not to worry though! Psyflemen are solid choices, as are all PAGK! Buy what you like and try different stuff out.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:33 am

I hear what you guys are saying and trust me I know what its like to be a collector I have 4000 points of Bretonnians and only ever take them to 1,500-2,000 games and tournaments.

I blame Ebay personally.

I do really like the idea of MSU

Well I was thinking of incorporating the following into the army to reach 1500

Librarian, Warding Stave, The Shrouding - 190

Dreadnought, TL Assault Cannon, Psybolt - 135
Dreadnought, TL Assault Cannon, Psybolt - 135

which leaves 40 points to bugger about with thinking maybe about a rhino for someone

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:09 pm

@Brother Malleus Those are 3 solid choices of what to add, but personally instead of giving one rhino out I think another couple of powers on the libby could be beneficial. Sanctuary can be a game changer, warp rift is incredibly useful, and MoT can make most squads into tank busters even without hammers.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:47 pm

Bigbri has a good point, the Lib powers are very cheap, and even if you use each once a game its worth the investment.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Malleus Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:46 am

I'll bear that in mind, the only reason for the rhino was the additional 40 points that I didn't know what to do with.... i'm going to take a look at those powers and some minitures and see what I can get

Brother Malleus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down