Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters!

+4
Darth Vegeta
Primarch
raven925
Polaris
8 posters

Go down

1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters! Empty 1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters!

Post by Polaris Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 pm

HQ

BC /w incinerator
GKT / w incinerator
GKT
GKT

Elite's

Callidus Assassin

Inquisitor --------------In a Rhino with smoke
Warrior / multi melta
Mystic
Mystic

Troops

In a Rhino
3 storm troopers
2 storm troopers /w melta

In a Rhino
3 storm troopers
2 storm troopers /w melta

Heavy

Land Raider Crusader

Land Raider Crusader

Polaris
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters! Empty Re: 1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters!

Post by raven925 Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:30 pm

Hmm, i like the 2 crusaders Twisted Evil but i think it would be better if you took the callidus out and put in an eversore, in my opinion they are the best, makes his points up very well, and also frees up some mroe points, but i think its ok.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters! Empty Re: 1000 points of Pure Deamon Hunters!

Post by Primarch Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:32 am

Yes, I agree with Raven. The callidus assasain is not worth the extra points. The eversor is essentially a walking bomb. Infiltrate him, wait until the enemy advances and when they get near, bust out and make a mess of their troops. Your eversor will die, but you can wreck a lot of havok, especially against ranged oriented units. Plus on death, the eversor has a bio melt down causing even more trouble.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Darth Vegeta Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:12 am

I'll need to remember that myself when I get to using an assassin.
Darth Vegeta
Darth Vegeta
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 255
Army : Chaos Space Marines: The Black Legion, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-12-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:43 am

Calladius has its upsides too. try it out this game, eversor next.

BTW, what does the second LR transport? just a backup?

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:51 am

I'm worried about both your troop choices being so fragile and so small. Even with the Rhino protection. I'd considered swapping an LRC for a squad of Grey Knights or to add another IST squad and beefing up the other two.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Polaris Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:19 am

"Yes, I agree with Raven. The callidus assasain is not worth the extra points. The eversor is essentially a walking bomb. Infiltrate him, wait until the enemy advances and when they get near, bust out and make a mess of their troops. Your eversor will die, but you can wreck a lot of havok, especially against ranged oriented units. Plus on death, the eversor has a bio melt down causing even more trouble."

The Callidus, in my opinion, has many advantages over the eversor. Sure she is expensive, but "word in your ear" and "polymorphine" are things that could change the tide of a game.

She is more then just a close combat beast, she lets me completely change the way my opponent will play.

"I'm worried about both your troop choices being so fragile and so small. Even with the Rhino protection. I'd considered swapping an LRC for a squad of Grey Knights or to add another IST squad and beefing up the other two."

I thought about that as well, I feel like when people see me put down two landraiders in a 1000 pt. game they will panic though. Probably ignoring my storm troopers all together.

If not, well then the storm troopers have 10 Grey knight terminators, 2 land raider crusaders , a MM & inquisitor and a assassin to protect them haha.

Polaris
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:46 pm

The only issue I see with this list that no one else has brought up or I might be wrong here, but the math isn't adding up for me. Point wise wouldn't this list go over the 1000 Points? I know that I'm new to this but this seems about 200 points more then allowed for a army of the proposed size. It's a nice list to look at, but it would need some shaving down just to consider the second LRC to be part of it.

You would have to cut down on some serious points just to field two of them at once.

I can understand you're reasoning for this, especially with the melta weapons, and how I've heard that the more competitive lists field melta-totting ISTs in Rhino's and how an Inquisitor inside a Rhino/Chimera with a Multi-melta Gun Servitor can provide some nice Anti-tank fire.

Either way, the only issue with the list that I see is the total point value of it. Maybe for a larger game, but not for a 1000 ponit one though.
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by raven925 Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:31 pm

I see your point with the callidus, i used to use her alot but shes only mean for the time she appears. i used to screw some people up with "a word in your ear" but shes in my opinion a character killer sense she gets into combat right away and alows no save at all but callidus will probly be killed the same turn and thats it.

on the other hand the eversore can assault 12 inch's and get up to 10 attacks, oh and did i mention that they allow no armour save and you only have to roll one time to wound and thats it. and most likly he will survive longer than 1 turn. i have had mine run around the whole game causing chaos, even turn the tide of the game and give me a win, but its your choice try them both out.
raven925
raven925
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 201
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by The Acolyte Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:23 am

Im going to agree with Nemesis here, u need more models on the table preferably scoring units. The way your list is now you only have 2 scoring units.
I would suggest maybe taking out one LRc and adding a squad of Grey Knights just as Nemesis said.
Raven what do you mean Evorsors only hav to 'roll one time to wound and thats it' they still need to roll to hit dont they or am i mistaken?
The Acolyte
The Acolyte
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 100
Army : Grey Knights of course
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down