Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK/BA 1850 points

2 posters

Go down

GK/BA 1850 points Empty GK/BA 1850 points

Post by DonFer Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:31 am

Hey Brothers!

Back with another list for you to help me with. This time I have brought a list with my second favorite army, the BA. Any comments or suggestions are always welcome.

NEMESIS STRIKE FORCE

HQ
Castellan Crowe, Kickass encarnate

ELITES

Purifier Squad (10), 4 psycannons, 5 Halberds, Daemonhammer
Purifier Squad (10), 4 psycannons, 5 Halberds, Daemonhammer

TROOPS

Strike Squad (10), 2 Incinerator

HEAVY

Nemesis Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator, Havy Psycannon, Great Sword, Personal Teleporter
Nemesis Dreadknight, Heavy Incinerator, Havy Psycannon, Great Sword, Personal Teleporter

FLESH TEARERS STRIKE FORCE

HQ
Mephiston, Lord of Kickass

TROOPS
Scout squad (5), Bolters

FAST ATTACK

Drop Pod
Drop Pod
Drop Pod

I made this list because my purifiers were collecting dust in my shelf and wanted to give them a try, and boy they're better than before. Cleansing flame is awesome against infantry and you can get a lot of them in one turn. Drop pods help me deliver the purifiers and combat buddies Crowe and Meph to the fray. NSF helps me support the drop assault with both NDKs and the Strike Squad. Typical first turn is 2 drop pods, and 2 NDK on board and in my opponent's face. I've played 3 games and I got all my GK reserves turn one. Crowe has gotten much better. The inclusion of Smash and Indep Character are great. Now all wouds by Crowe are AP2, yey!

Cleansing flame does a great job when activated so close to the enemy lines. At S5 it easily kills light infantry, and 3+ infantry also goes down with the sheer ammount of wounds this can generate (7 in average times 4 potentially activated flames). Add to that the possibility of combat squadding both purifier units and you've got a lot of wounds turn one. If you get lucky you can glance light vehicles too. With the ammount of dice available for psychic powers, this is easily done. The dice gods can be tricky sometimes though. If it's sheer power I need, then Meph and Crowe can come turn one via Drop Pod. Some biomancy for Meph and Catellan takes care of the Flame. It's a bit risky but generally both are be fine for a second turn carnag... I mean assault.

Comments? Suggestions?
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GK/BA 1850 points Empty Re: GK/BA 1850 points

Post by Rion Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:25 pm

the list does have some great alpha strike potential. I my self and discovering the joy of such attacks be it Drop Pods or Scouting Rhinos (my personal favorite.) Although I do see a general lack of Anti-Air. But that shouldn't be a problem if you don't see it all that much.

You could also give the scouts sniper rifles.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:38 am

Thanks for the comments Brother. I've tried Sniper on the Scouts and frankly they don't add nothing special to the list. They either move or shoot but not both, and most often than not, you'll need the scoutsto relocate quickly from an objective to the next.

It's true that the list doesn't have flier support. But I think the alfa strike hits hard enough that flyers are not that big of an issue ion turn 2 and 3 where most of the carnage takes place. I'm working on trying to insert a couple of stormtalons, but tht'll also means I'll have to rethink the entire list.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 pm

One possibility that comes to mind is do what we used to do before the codex update and we are somewhat forced to do now. You have enough Psycannons that you could land a good hit or two on a flier through sheer volume of fire. Especially with the Dreadknights. But that depends on if you think that is acceptable.

I have shot down a Storm Talon using this method but my opponent only had 2 of them and I was running a Draigowing so I had Psycannons EVERYWHERE.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:51 am

I think it'll all depend on what army I'm facing. I just played against the new Necrons and boy thos guys are nasty, I mean really nasty. 4+ RP is just plain dirty. If not for well placed Cleansing Flames, I would have undoubtely loose the game. The ability to do multiple wounds with one power saved the day. Necron fliers are still a problem, but by the time the were relevant, i already had wiped out most of the ground forces.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content