Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GK/UM 1850 pts

3 posters

Go down

GK/UM 1850 pts Empty GK/UM 1850 pts

Post by DonFer Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:34 pm

Hey there Brotehrs,

Just another list with our new codex for your consideration.

Primary: Nemesis Strike Force

LoW: Draigo

HQ: Librarian, Liber Daemonica, StormBolter

Elites: Paladin Squad, 2x psycannons, 1x hammer, 2x halberd

Troops: GKT, 1x Psycannon, 1x hammer, 2x halberd

Heavy: NDK, Teleporter, Sword, Heavy Incin, Heavy Psycannon

Allied: Ultramarines

HQ: Tigurius

Elites: Sternguard Vets, 5x Combi-Melta, Drop Pod

Troops: Scouts, 5x Bolter

Heavy: Dev Centurions, 3x Grav Cannon/Grav Amp, Omniscope, 3x Hurricane bolters

Now the list has a very, very, very low body count. But it's a hard hitter. Only two units in DS reserve, so no danger of being tabled because of bad reserve rolls. Tipical deployement is Draigo+Tigurius+Centurions, NDK and Scouts on the Board. Termies and Paladins+Librarian on DS reserve along with the Sternguard vets.

I already played against Necrons, Chaos SM, GK and Tyrnanids. And beat every one of them. Though missions where always maelstrom of War.

Anyways, your feedback is always appreciated
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

GK/UM 1850 pts Empty Re: GK/UM 1850 pts

Post by Maximus Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:12 am

That looks a real hammer blow force Brother. Quick question. Points allowing would you consider Scout Snipers and a couple of Storm talons? When I was getting back into 40K back end of last year with 6th edition I bought that Stormwing box. Raven Im using for the Grey Knights, of course, and I bought pretty much what you listed in this force but I went with Scout Sniper and a Landspeeder Storm to get them onto an objective quick. I did not want to go too heavy with Ultramarines in terms of models as I wanted to wait for Grey Knights. Anyway look forward to what your comments may be.
Maximus
Maximus
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 62
Army : Grey Knights, Ultramarines, Bretonnians
Registration date : 2011-05-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:58 am

Hail brother DonFer,

I believe that this is very hard hitting list and bad surprise for many opponents. I do like it a lot. I´ve got just few suggestions for your consideration:

- you could have some troubles with low number of troop choices in your army list and therefore have troubles with horde armies like orks, tyrannids with secure the objective rule.
- try to get in second NDK for even more pain - they are working perfectly in couple.

Here is one variance to your list taking in consideration above mentioned:

GK primary - NSF:
HQ - Libby, Lvl 3 - Sanctic, DLD
LoW - Draigo
Troops - 10x termies (2x psycannon, 2x hammer) - 2x combat squads
Heavy - 2x NDK (teleporter, H-psycannon, H-incinerator, hammer) - one to be your Warlord with personnal traits Very Happy

SM allies - CAD:
HQ - Libby, Lvl 2 - Divination, terminator armour
Troops - 5x tactical squad, combi-melta, meltagun, drop-pod
            5x tactical squad, flamer, drop-pod
Heavy - Dev-cents - 3x grav cannon/grav amp, hurricane bolters

On table turn one:
Dev-cents + Libby (lvl 2, divination) + Draigo
5 termies + 2x psycannon, 1 hammer + Libby (lvl 3 Sanctic - hopefully with GoI - if not, they will start in reserve also)
2 NDKs
1x drop pod with melta squad

Reserves:
1x drop-pod - with flamer squad
5x vanilla termies
(5 termies with psycannons + Libby if GoI is not rolled)

What do you think?

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:28 am

Maximus wrote:That looks a real hammer blow force Brother. Quick question. Points allowing would you consider Scout Snipers and a couple of Storm talons? When I was getting back into 40K back end of last year with 6th edition I bought that Stormwing box. Raven Im using for the Grey Knights, of course, and I bought pretty much what you listed in this force but I went with Scout Sniper and a Landspeeder Storm to get them onto an objective quick. I did not want to go too heavy with Ultramarines in terms of models as I wanted to wait for Grey Knights. Anyway look forward to what your comments may be.

Thanks for the comments brother!

I too got hold of the Stormwing box and it's great. I got both ST in my Iron Hands Detachement I was platying in 6th. I have tried Stormtalons, and while very good support units, are not confortable playing along the NSF detachement. They come from reserve starting turn two and I even then if only. While they pack a lot of pucnh I think that the allies have to fully supoort the detachement, so the trick here is to have resilient bodies on the table that hit hard enough to wreck any plan your opponent might have on turn 1 or 2 at the most.

As for scouts I included them bare naked because the points are invested elswhere. Usually they stay in the backfield while the main force is in my opponent's face wrecking havoc. I'm not a fan of sniper rifles, since that means that they loose mobilty for a chance of wounding everyone on a 4+. I rather go with two shots at 18" range (12"+6" movement), than one shot and staying inmobile. I was considering cammo cloacks though. They can be a great addition to scouts.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:54 am

Asahiro wrote:Hail brother DonFer,

I believe that this is very hard hitting list and bad surprise for many opponents. I do like it a lot. I´ve got just few suggestions for your consideration:

- you could have some troubles with low number of troop choices in your army list and therefore have troubles with horde armies like orks, tyrannids with secure the objective rule.
- try to get in second NDK for even more pain - they are working perfectly in couple.

Here is one variance to your list taking in consideration above mentioned:

GK primary - NSF:
HQ - Libby, Lvl 3 - Sanctic, DLD
LoW - Draigo
Troops - 10x termies (2x psycannon, 2x hammer) - 2x combat squads
Heavy - 2x NDK (teleporter, H-psycannon, H-incinerator, hammer) - one to be your Warlord with personnal traits Very Happy

SM allies - CAD:
HQ - Libby, Lvl 2 - Divination, terminator armour
Troops - 5x tactical squad, combi-melta, meltagun, drop-pod
            5x tactical squad, flamer, drop-pod
Heavy - Dev-cents - 3x grav cannon/grav amp, hurricane bolters

On table turn one:
Dev-cents + Libby (lvl 2, divination) + Draigo
5 termies + 2x psycannon, 1 hammer + Libby (lvl 3 Sanctic - hopefully with GoI - if not, they will start in reserve also)
2 NDKs
1x drop pod with melta squad

Reserves:
1x drop-pod - with flamer squad
5x vanilla termies
(5 termies with psycannons + Libby if GoI is not rolled)

What do you think?

Thanks for the imput brother!

I must agree that the body count of this list is very very very low. And it shows! But on the other hand they are very tough units (bar the scouts), so killing all them is quite diffcult, unless I am looking at a plasma/melta spam list. While this might be a problem against hordes, I think that GK are quite capable of dealing with them via Cleansing Flame and incinerators (which my list doesn't have many).  

Now onto your suggestions. I really like the idea of a second NDK (due to the fact that I need more Incins and pie S7 pie plates). But that means droping the Paladins, which IMHO are one of the best units for this list. But hey NDKs are MVPs now so I'll give it a try.

On the allies side, I think that the Sternguards are a must for this list. They povide melta support to kill whatever is most annoying and kill it dead. I managed to down a Land Raider turn 1 with these guys, with only 3 pens. While the tac squad is cheaper, only 1 special weapon isn't enough to guarantee a kill, and we're looking for reliable kills turn 1. Tacs I think are more for the attrition war than an Alpha strike. Other than that, a scoring tranpsort is quite tempting, more so for a 10 man tac squad (3 objsec bodies!).  Perhaps using one squad of Vets, 2x Tacs (5 man) in drop pods could be nice.

I'll come back later with an updated list. Hope you can follow it with some advice too.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:11 pm

No problem, brother.. Let us know about your progress. I would be very interested in the results of this list Very Happy

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down