Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coteaz vs normal Inquisitor

3 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Coteaz vs normal Inquisitor Empty Coteaz vs normal Inquisitor

Post by SteelTitan Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:33 am

Hey,

Tactical question from a GK noob here (i still haven't fielded my new Draigowing yet...althought everything is on bases now). Simple question, most likely more complicated answer:

When do you choose Coteaz and when do you default to a regular Inquisitor?

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Coteaz vs normal Inquisitor Empty Re: Coteaz vs normal Inquisitor

Post by DonFer Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:13 am

Coteaz is and should be your default inquisitor, because of the stuff he brings to your game. Seizing the Initiative, 2 Psychic powers from Divination is excellent. But the best part of him is, you can field henchmen squads as troops, a.k.a. really cheap troops, leaving you open to use other more expensive choices, and still have a very solid force.

A regular Inquisitor on the other hand is not an automatic choice. Every ordo has its own goodies to equip your inquisitor with, but appart from that is nothing to write home about. Perhaps the fact that he can also be a Psyker, a very cheap one, is also a good thing to remember.

With the new Inquisition Codex, the regular Inquisitor has become more useful. You can have up to 4 Inquisitors with Prescience in a GK army allied with Inquisition,  which is really nice to say the least.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SteelTitan Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:21 am

The thing is though, in my case, that i wont make use of henchmen in my draigowing list and that i might need the servo skulls of a regular inquisitor. But i dont know if having the skulls is better than the rest of coteaz advantages...

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:10 pm

You still get the steal I, and for the points it is hard to go past with D6 S4 shooting attacks and 2nd level Psy. The next best inquisitor is terminator armour with Psy cannon and 1st level (about 10 points more). If makeing use of skulls this is the one I would be going for (would be more with skulls)
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content