Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Inquisitor Coteaz Purifier 1750

Go down

Inquisitor Coteaz Purifier 1750 Empty Inquisitor Coteaz Purifier 1750

Post by volvoe Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:05 am

After tirelessly looking over the forums and the internet, I've finally came up with a list I actually liked.

HQ1: Inquisitor Coteaz (100) – [100]

Elite1: 10 Purifiers (240): 4 Psycannons (40), 3 Halberds (6), 2 Daemon Hammers (10), Knight of Flame with Halberd (2) – [298]
Elite2: Techmarine (90), Nemesis Warding Stave, Blind Grenades (5), Rad Grenades (10), Psychotroke Grenades (15) – [145]

Troops1: Inquisitorial Henchman Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins (75) and 3 Crusaders (45) – [120]
Troops2: Inquisitorial Henchman Warband: 5 Death Cult Assassins (75) and 3 Crusaders (45) – [120]
Troops3: Inquisitorial Henchman Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes (12) – [12]
Troops4: Inquisitorial Henchman Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes (12) – [12]
Troops5: Inquisitorial Henchman Warband: 3 Warrior Acolytes (12) – [12]

FastAttack1: Storm Raven (205) with Twinlinked Multimelta (0) – [205]
FastAttack2: Storm Raven (205) with Twinlinked Multimelta (0) – [205]

Heavy1: Dreadnought (115) with 2 Twin-Linked Autocannons (15) and Psybolt ammunition (5) – [135]
Heavy2: Dreadnought (115) with 2 Twin-Linked Autocannons (15) and Psybolt ammunition (5) – [135]

Transport1: Razorback (45): Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (0), Psybolt Ammunition (5) for Elite1 – [50]
Transport2: Razorback (45): Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (0), Psybolt Ammunition (5) for Troops1 – [50]
Transport3: Razorback (45): Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (0), Psybolt Ammunition (5) for Troops3 – [50]
Transport4: Razorback (45): Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (0), Psybolt Ammunition (5), for Troops4 – [50]
Transport5: Razorback (45): Twin-linked Heavy Bolters (0), Psybolt Ammunition (5), for Troops5 – [50]
[TOTAL POINTS – 1749]

I'm still fairly new to 40k, but the main ideas are:
  • The two DCAs get inside the Storm Raven with either techmarine or Coteaz (or maybe have both in one?)
  • Storm Ravens and Dreadnoughts go pew pew
  • DCAs Run out of the storm ravens to go to work
  • There are only two Dreadnoughts, however the techmarine can provide them a +1 on their cover save AND the possibility of sitting with them to repair
  • With two storm ravens, you could haul around your dreadnoughts
  • The three Warrior Acolyte Squads are focused only on capturing objectives as the rest of the army wrecks havoc
  • The Purifier Squad has the option of splitting into combat squads at deployment and could hop into an extra razorback
  • Should I run incinerators in the Purifier Squad?
  • Purifier Squad provides CC and Firepower
  • Vehicles and Walkers provide more fire power
  • DCAs provide even MORE CC
  • The Techmarine could repair the Stormraven while inside
  • Replacing the Techmarine for a brotherhood champion wouldn't be such a bad idea (allowing rerolls to hit with DCA seems a bit silly)
  • The Techmarine's gear should allow the techmarine to dominate in close combat while also keeping him alive, additionally wound allocation to crusaders seems pretty good (3++)

Other thoughts:
I tried a pure purifier spam, but turns out my list didn't have enough models and I got tabled by DE on more than one occasion. I really wanted Castellan Crowe to work, but it just wasn't happening. I wanted an HQ that would actually help. I heard that Coteaz lists have been doing well competitively so I decided I should make a list and try it out. With this new list I have a model count of 50 which is about twice as much as my purifier spam. I wish I could fit more purifiers into this list though and another dreadnought as well, but that would require moving up to 2000 pts. Also for the DCA models I was planning on using Warmachine models Daughters of the Flame. Is it legal to run proxies or models from another company? Please let me know what you think of this army! Thanks.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down